30Burger

D.J. Moore 2019 Outlook

I'm really, really concerned about the situation. He doesnt get targets, Carolina is winning and if I were them I'd be in no rush to get Newton back. At this point I don't know if he's worth a flex spot. Right now it's a low floor-low ceiling.

Last week, the QB had 3 fumbles, that short circuited 3 drives.  They played conservatively as a result so CMC had all the touches.  Jacksonville is the kind of team that can slow down CMC, so maybe that means more action for DJ Moore. 

Such a shame, he could have been a huge PPR guy but right now he's looking like a WR4 with this new QB. Very risky flex option.

2 minutes ago, collucho said:

I'll never draft a Panthers receiver ever again.

Cool.

21 minutes ago, collucho said:

I'll never draft a Panthers receiver ever again.

He’s scored more points than JuJu, Thielen, Diggs, and Josh Gordon so far. Let’s maybe give him more than two games with his new quarterback before we completely write him off for the rest of your fantasy career. 

3 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He’s scored more points than JuJu, Thielen, Diggs, and Josh Gordon so far. Let’s maybe give him more than two games with his new quarterback before we completely write him off for the rest of your fantasy career. 

So what? They're all trash. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How are you guys feeling about him this week?  Possible shoot out with Tampa who has been pretty bad against WRs.  Plus he had a pretty good game on Sunday. 

11 hours ago, Hero202 said:

How are you guys feeling about him this week?  Possible shoot out with Tampa who has been pretty bad against WRs.  Plus he had a pretty good game on Sunday. 

Well they already played this year and he had 14 targets for 9 catches 89 yards. Granted I believe that was with Cam. CMC was held to under 10 fantasy points.

I'm predicting a better game for CMC and a similar game for DJ. Unless CMC is limited. 

Regardless I have Curtis Samuel and DJ Moore on my bench until someone is willing to trade for them or they suck enough for me to drop them.

1 hour ago, collucho said:

Well they already played this year and he had 14 targets for 9 catches 89 yards. Granted I believe that was with Cam. CMC was held to under 10 fantasy points.

I'm predicting a better game for CMC and a similar game for DJ. Unless CMC is limited. 

Regardless I have Curtis Samuel and DJ Moore on my bench until someone is willing to trade for them or they suck enough for me to drop them.

That first game was with Cam.  

DJ is going to be erratic.  Allen seems to favor Samuel between the two, but targets them both similarly (prob 60%/40% in favor of Samuel).  Neither should instill much confidence.  This offense will move through CMC & not through the air with Cam out.  

I think DJ may have a bounce back game here.  I thought about starting him last week -- thinking he was due, and he would have been a better play than Demarcus Robinson.  The place to attack Tampa in the secondary is the slot corner, he's been torched this year.  I read an article with the numbers, but can't find it right now.  Tampa has one of the best run defenses by DVOA (and they stopped McCaffrey the last time they played, his worst game by FAR).  If they are forced to pass, then the slot is the place to target.  Michael Thomas - last week, Cooper Kupp, Sterling Shepherd.  They all produced big against the Bucs as slot guys.  Plus DJ Moore had the highest number of targets against the Bucs in game 2.  I didn't rewatch the game, but Norv already knows where's the best place the attack this defense. 

Strange things happen in London, like last weeks win of the Raiders vs the Bears...  So who knows what's going to happen in this game.     

• Like 1

Good time to but semi-low with Cam potentially coming back after the bye? Moore had a nice game last week, but the previous two with Allen were concerning, albeit he did score a TD in that 2 target game. 

Cam coming back should only boost his value back to low-end WR2 right?

On 10/9/2019 at 10:43 PM, theantishere said:

Good time to but semi-low with Cam potentially coming back after the bye? Moore had a nice game last week, but the previous two with Allen were concerning, albeit he did score a TD in that 2 target game. 

Cam coming back should only boost his value back to low-end WR2 right?

I think so.  Cam's going to be more reluctant to run so the receiver's will get more action.  McCaffrey will breakdown if they continue to use him like this. 

Edited by rocket

The Bucs run defense is no joke, one of the tops in DVOA against runners even though they have played a murderer's row of RBs, Saquon, Kamara, McCaffrey, Gurley & the 49ers RBs and none of them had a good day on the ground.  The way to move the ball against Tampa is through the air.

• Like 2

Really with Allen he's only had one bad game because he had that touchdown. This game script should have more passing and Moore's targets have increased every game since the two target one. His upside is probably limited until Cam comes back, but I'm rolling him out. 

Heard he has a matchup advantage this weekend.

At the same time, Samuels seems to get more targets from Allen.

I bet a good DJ game is coming soon.

Edited by austin316
  • Thanks 2

huge disappointment, i knew it was going to a bust season ...not cuz of moore himself, but cam and his injured shoulder, and no stud QB behind him 

His ceiling is capped not only because of the back up QB but because everything gets fed to McCaffrey. This guys volume is insane. And what I don’t get is how can teams not stop this guy. You would think a defensive coordinator would know how to put a game plan together to stop him. 

Some pretty bad takes in here.  He's definitely not been a "huge disappointment" or a "bust" by any stretch of the imagination.  He's WR23 in 0.5 PPR leagues (having already had his bye) and coming off a 10 target, 100 yard receiving game.  Decent schedule for the stretch run with Kyle Allen having settled into the role as a starter.  Lots of opportunity for continued targets and YAC with all the attention on CMC.  Olsen has been all but phased out of the game plan.  More TDs would be nice, but I think  Moore is a solid mid-range WR2 going forward.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2