kidtwentytwo

2019 Bulk Relievers Thread

16 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

How is bulking looking this week?

If anyone has names that be appreciated. Not sure who is bulking for NYY today, Cessa?

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

If anyone has names that be appreciated. Not sure who is bulking for NYY today, Cessa?

Cessa or Adams. Cessa is the better bet for the gig and has performed better as well.

Ryan Helsley for the Cardinals is a stealth option since Wacha is pitching on short rest and may not get to 5 IP.

37 minutes ago, npboretti34 said:

Anyone know of any for Thursday 9/12? My league requires 24 hours before I can pick up any player

Maybe Milone. He will appear in conjunction with Justin Dunn ROS but whether Milone bulks or open will be unclear until before the game. I would add Milone and just check Twitter and posted MLB lineups for the final word on who is starting. 

Pruit and Thornton bulking today

Milone tomorrow is questionable because he's being paired with Justin Dunn, so one will bulk. 

Hoping Richards gets the bulk duties on Saturday against the Angels.  He bulked after Morton the last time, and he pitches on Friday.  Against the Angels would give Richards a solid chance at a win.

7 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Pruit and Thornton bulking today

Milone tomorrow is questionable because he's being paired with Justin Dunn, so one will bulk. 

It's being reported that Milone will be the bulker and Dunn the starter.

48 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

It's being reported that Milone will be the bulker and Dunn the starter.

I imagine dunn goes 2-3 innings though, so in theory Milone could have less innings to bulk than usual

20 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I imagine dunn goes 2-3 innings though, so in theory Milone could have less innings to bulk than usual

True.

15 minutes ago, bronxbombers723 said:

any bulk today?

No confirmation that I know of, but I'm guessing Glasnow still is going to basically be an opener for the rest of the season, so I'm guessing there's a possibility of Trevor Richards bulking behind him today.  It will have been 5 games since Richards' last bulk appearance.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

No confirmation that I know of, but I'm guessing Glasnow still is going to basically be an opener for the rest of the season, so I'm guessing there's a possibility of Trevor Richards bulking behind him today.  It will have been 5 games since Richards' last bulk appearance.

agreed - good call

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ace_King said:

VerHagen. 

I’m plugging him in... game log looks decent in my points league. At home against BAL is he any good? 

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’m plugging him in... game log looks decent in my points league. At home against BAL is he any good? 

No but any scheduled bulk reliever  should be started in a points league.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I agree with Brock, in points leagues it doesn't matter much since you are getting free innings and strikeouts outside of the weekly starts limit. In a roto league I would be much more judicious in using these guys but in points leagues they are free points, especially the ones who are SP eligible. 

6 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Someone made this, probably more useful than this thread

https://twitter.com/whoisbulking

That does seem useful, although they don't say who is bulking tonight behind Glasnow.  It has to be somebody, although I guess in their defense, Cash has probably given no indication.

1 hour ago, al3x said:

what about chad green after jordan montgomery tomorrow?

just a guess, feel like we could see some Chance Adams. Also if Cueto is only pitching 70 Innings, he might not get to 5 like he did last time. I could see someone bulking there.