kidtwentytwo

2019 Bulk Relievers Thread

15 hours ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

Little worried about Beeks tomorrow. Oakland is very good vs Lefties 

If it makes you feel any better, Beeks has faired OK against Min and Zona who are the top 2 teams against LHP.

What's the best place to cleanly see when bulk guys are going to be pitching? Specifically Beeks, I know he's on today, but sometimes it's really difficult to see when he's scheduled and I've missed out a few times

15 hours ago, Mullet said:

Bulk potential for Tue 6/11: Beeks, Pena & Peralta.

Where are you seeing Peralta? Trying to load up on the #Bulk today (Thanks Jeighoff)

1 hour ago, Hollywood42 said:

What's the best place to cleanly see when bulk guys are going to be pitching? Specifically Beeks, I know he's on today, but sometimes it's really difficult to see when he's scheduled and I've missed out a few times

You just have to follow when his last outing was as if he started the game and make sure there’s no starter listed for Rays. Morton, Snell, and Glasnow when healthy are their only sure starters. Yarbrough is 50/50 start or bulk. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cs3 said:

Are these post-opener relievers ever confirmed more than 1 day ahead of their next appearance? I want to start leveraging a single roster spot by streaming a couple of them per week them in leagues with weekly start limits, but when you're using FAAB waivers you cant just add them immediately and roll them out the next day. You need at least 2 days lead time.

Anyone figure out a way to make this work in FAAB leagues?

A few guys have been used rotationally so you could predict when they’ll go within a day or so. Beeks, Pena, Leblanc have been the most consistent of late.

Edited by Mullet
Typo

6 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Where are you seeing Peralta? Trying to load up on the #Bulk today (Thanks Jeighoff)

He’s slated as the starter but has worked as a primary a couple within the past month. He started his last outing. Not hearing is going to work as primary, just keeping an eye out for a late change.

Not sure I would recommend him or feel confident using him but looks like Tommy Milone could be used after an Opener tomorrow at Minnesota.

Doesn't look like Ryan Yarbrough is scheduled to start this week, he was, but is no longer on the schedule, any idea if he'll be following a opener this week ?

14 hours ago, neljak25 said:

Not sure I would recommend him or feel confident using him but looks like Tommy Milone could be used after an Opener tomorrow at Minnesota.

There seems to be little risk in using these guys. I’ve only gotten negative points in 3 outings over 20+ usages. Low risk, high reward in my opinion if you’re in a Starts limit league. I’d roll Milone out for sure if he were available in my league.

1 hour ago, Mullet said:

There seems to be little risk in using these guys. I’ve only gotten negative points in 3 outings over 20+ usages. Low risk, high reward in my opinion if you’re in a Starts limit league. I’d roll Milone out for sure if he were available in my league.

Totally agree. Especially when chasing points. I'm rolling him tonight. Only guys I can think of that have bit me are Smyly, and that Felix Pena/Daniel Mengden combo last week.

2 hours ago, Mullet said:

1 hour ago, neljak25 said:

Totally agree. Especially when chasing points. I'm rolling him tonight. Only guys I can think of that have bit me are Smyly, and that Felix Pena/Daniel Mengden combo last week.

Certainly less risk in a points league. In a roto league or H2H its a bit different. Last week or so Pena and Mengden on the same day combined this absolute gem of a stat line.... 

4 IP, 29.25 ERA, 4.25 WHIP and 3 whole Ks

Ratios were absolutely torched for the week.

• Haha 1

If you want to test the whole "little risk" theory, Edwin Jackson and his 11.90 ERA and 2.24 WHIP is following Derek Law tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Baur10 said:

If you want to test the whole "little risk" theory, Edwin Jackson and his 11.90 ERA and 2.24 WHIP is following Derek Law tomorrow.

Looks like it would have worked.

4 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Tommy Milone! The #BulkLife is fun. 

If things stay in line looks like he will have kc and Baltimore as his next 2 opponents

Not seeing any BRs today. Yarbrough is still showing as the starter, and probably will remain that way after his last appearance.
Looks like LeBlanc might be the next one up, on Saturday. Anyone I'm missing before then?

Edited by Joe_Dan

Is there a Twitter follow that deals specifically with Bulk Relievers?

On 6/12/2019 at 10:39 AM, arthurpete said:

Certainly less risk in a points league. In a roto league or H2H its a bit different. Last week or so Pena and Mengden on the same day combined this absolute gem of a stat line.... 

4 IP, 29.25 ERA, 4.25 WHIP and 3 whole Ks

Ratios were absolutely torched for the week.

Yeah, I don’t utilize the strategy in my roto league.

20 hours ago, Baur10 said:

He gave 16 points...

2 hours ago, Joe_Dan said:

Not seeing any BRs today. Yarbrough is still showing as the starter, and probably will remain that way after his last appearance.
Looks like LeBlanc might be the next one up, on Saturday. Anyone I'm missing before then?

Yarbrough looks to be settling into a starter role. Not seeing any tonight or tomorrow as of now, but could be a few Saturday with Angels, Yankees & Mariners.

14 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Yeah, I don’t utilize the strategy in my roto league.

I do. In 2 leagues we have a 162 GS cap and these guys are incredibly valuable.

1 hour ago, KLCane said:

Is there a Twitter follow that deals specifically with Bulk Relievers?

Not until you make it. :)