kidtwentytwo

2019 Bulk Relievers Thread

12 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Anyone what tommy Milones role will be this week for Seattle vs royals and orioles?

7 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Pena and Milone Bulking today. 

wow, bummer,  didn't realize that milone is a bulk guy and not a standard starter. @sasnumberonefan is milone a bulk pitcher standard? or did you see something written that specifically states he's bulking today (this week) ?

39 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

wow, bummer,  didn't realize that milone is a bulk guy and not a standard starter. @sasnumberonefan is milone a bulk pitcher standard? or did you see something written that specifically states he's bulking today (this week) ?

It looks like Milone has a traditional start today? Unless something changes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe_Dan said:

Looks like Pena, Milone, and Jackson are all listed as starters today by MLB.com: https://www.rotowire.com/baseball/daily-lineups.php
I suspect Peña will be a bulk guy today, though, based on listed probable starters here: https://www.mlb.com/angels/roster/probable-pitchers.
The other two do indeed seem to be starting.

Hmmmmm that is sad. Pena is a bulker today for sure. They said it. However I was hoping Milone would bulk as well. 

30 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Hmmmmm that is sad. Pena is a bulker today for sure. They said it. However I was hoping Milone would bulk as well. 

thought they had been using milone as a bulk guy with some pretty good success for a stretch now

11 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

thought they had been using milone as a bulk guy with some pretty good success for a stretch now

Milone has been good, the openers have been terrible though lol. 

according to CBS, Milone will likely be bulking today, but they go on to admit this is speculation and SEA hasn't given any formal indication one way or the other.

image.png.e1e0963c3e4f8dfed1c621d7288886f9.png

• Like 1

Tommy Bulk let’s gooooo!

34 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

according to CBS, Milone will likely be bulking today, but they go on to admit this is speculation and SEA hasn't given any formal indication one way or the other.

image.png.e1e0963c3e4f8dfed1c621d7288886f9.png

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Tommy Bulk let’s gooooo!

what's the appeal of bulk fantasy-wise? weekly/seasonal start limits in a league?

Edited by osb_tensor

1 minute ago, osb_tensor said:

what's the appeal of bulk fantasy-wise? weekly/seasonal start limits in a league?

I have a 12 start pitcher limit in my  points league. So any pitching points I get without using a start is gravy. Josh hader for instance has crazy value in this league. He’s top 20 for pitchers and doesn’t need to start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also Bulk guys are generally in a good spot to get the W's adding to their value (the good ones at least)

48 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I have a 12 start pitcher limit in my  points league. So any pitching points I get without using a start is gravy. Josh hader for instance has crazy value in this league. He’s top 20 for pitchers and doesn’t need to start. 

Thanks. I spend a lot of roster space on ratios and Ks in standard yet was wondering why this thread existed.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Thanks. I spend a lot of roster space on ratios and Ks in standard yet was wondering why this thread existed.

I absolutely punted pitcher this year so this is like a cheat code for me. Team name FAP... lol. Openers have a lot of value for our format. Not much otherwise I imagine though. 

so there is some language confusion going on in general with regard to these guys. 

is the following generally how people are using terminology for pitchers and the expected/potential fantasy impact?

• starter - normal starting pitcher (eligible for Wins/Quality Starts)
  • opener - expected to start the game, but only pitch 0-2 innings (ratios only)
  • bulk(er?) - expected to follow opener (eligible for Wins, but not Quality Starts)
  • reliever - in game pitcher typically for 0-2 innings (holds)
  • closer - pitcher brought in secure a win in a close game (saves)
Edited by osb_tensor
  • Like 2

Edwin Jackson is bulk tonight if you're feeling daring..........Derek Law now listed as the starter.

Ryan Yarbrough is bulking tomorrow.

16 hours ago, Mongeese said:

Bulk relievers are also sometimes called “primary” pitchers 

i like primary pitcher a lot better than bulker, lol

i also noticed yesterday on fangraphs, they identified the guys following openers as PP, which i now assume to be primary pitcher.

12 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

i also noticed yesterday on fangraphs, they identified the guys following openers as PP, which i now assume to be primary pitcher.

They were also pretty quick on the ball about it and had Milone as the PP as early as noon if i remember correctly.

1 hour ago, osb_tensor said:

I agree, the terminology sounds better, but PP can get confused with ESPN's Primary Pitcher designation. 

39 minutes ago, Joe_Dan said:

I agree, the terminology sounds better, but PP can get confused with ESPN's Primary Pitcher designation. 

very true.. i don't use ESPN, but IIRC they put a PP beside a pitchers name to indicate he's starting for the day, right? indicating a "probable pitcher" 

Nestor Cortes again tomorrow vs. Astros?

Leblanc tomorrow vs. Baltimore

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, neljak25 said:

Nestor Cortes again tomorrow vs. Astros?

Leblanc tomorrow vs. Baltimore

Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Leblanc confirmed as being a bulker tomorrow.

Is he useable? I saw orioles and got excited...then I saw a 6 ERA.