kidtwentytwo

2019 Bulk Relievers Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

Is he useable? I saw orioles and got excited...then I saw a 6 ERA.

 

In a points league with a starts limit for sure (where I am using him) but I wouldn't use him in a rotisserie league. His ratios are bad and he has gotten pounded several times this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s a game winner. If Tampa bulks McKay, you’ll have a powerful weapon in points leagues. Otherwise you’ll have a great starter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stoper54 said:

Here’s a game winner. If Tampa bulks McKay, you’ll have a powerful weapon in points leagues. Otherwise you’ll have a great starter. 

 

Good point. Is there any indication on whether they will bulk him or have him start when he comes up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ace_King said:

 

Good point. Is there any indication on whether they will bulk him or have him start when he comes up?

 

Knowing the Rays id guess Bulk 80% regular starter 20%

 

hes usually right around 5 IP in his minor league starts which suggest Bulk when hes up

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've also had him follow an opener a few times, which suggests they're getting him used to that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quantrill is a good candidate to be one.  He is the long reliever in that pen.  Any time Margevicius pitches he is a good bet to also be on the mound after him.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All-Star Break Check-in!

Below are a few 'bulk' SP/RP I wanted to list off the top of my head. Easy to access if folks need to shift over to this strategy. A lot of questions surrounding the point to this. For example: My 10 team ROTO league caps games started at 180. We count both QS and W. This method will not help in QS but can score big for my W, Ks, ERA and WHIP. I'm mainly focusing on the W and K aspect of this strategy. They are not starting so my cap is safe!

Please feel free to add names to this list, I am having a brain fart at the moment...

  1. 1. Wade LeBlanc Sea SP, RP
  2. 2. Felix Pena LAA SP, RP
  3. 3. Jalen Beeks TB RP <-- Currently in AAA but look for news of him being called back up
  4. 4. Ryan Yarbrough TB RP, SP
  5. 5. Austin Pruitt TB RP
  6. 6. Tommy Milone Sea SP, RP
  7. 7. Nestor Cortes Jr. NYY SP, RP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cjgonyeau said:

All-Star Break Check-in!

Below are a few 'bulk' SP/RP I wanted to list off the top of my head. Easy to access if folks need to shift over to this strategy. A lot of questions surrounding the point to this. For example: My 10 team ROTO league caps games started at 180. We count both QS and W. This method will not help in QS but can score big for my W, Ks, ERA and WHIP. I'm mainly focusing on the W and K aspect of this strategy. They are not starting so my cap is safe!

Please feel free to add names to this list, I am having a brain fart at the moment...

  1. 1. Wade LeBlanc Sea SP, RP
  2. 2. Felix Pena LAA SP, RP
  3. 3. Jalen Beeks TB RP <-- Currently in AAA but look for news of him being called back up
  4. 4. Ryan Yarbrough TB RP, SP
  5. 5. Austin Pruitt TB RP
  6. 6. Tommy Milone Sea SP, RP
  7. 7. Nestor Cortes Jr. NYY SP, RP

 

Is that a random order or how you would rank them in terms of value?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ace_King said:

 

Is that a random order or how you would rank them in terms of value?

Random. But LeBlanc has been one of the most reliable bulk pitchers of late. I really liked using Beeks a few months back as you can see how good he was in his ratios. I just want to get the names out there so folks can put them on a watch list or something of the sort to track them easier.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the strictly bulk numbers (game start numbers were omitted). Some of these guys are more suited to point leagues but Ive been rolling with Beeks/LeBlanc/Pena/Milone and Chirinos (early on) in my roto leagues and it has paid off big time. 

                                                                

  1. 1. Wade LeBlanc Sea SP, RP             3-0, 2.97 era, 1.09 whip 27 Ks – 39.1 IP
  2. 2. Felix Pena LAA SP, RP                   6-1, 4.89 era, 1.25 whip 66 Ks – 57 IP
  3. 3. Jalen Beeks TB RP                         5-0, 2.79 era, 1.29 whip 51 Ks – 61.1 IP
  4. 4. Ryan Yarbrough TB RP, SP            5-1, 4.36 era, 1.08 whip 28 Ks - 35.1 IP
  5. 5. Austin Pruitt TB RP                       1-0, 5.66 era, 1.28 whip 16 Ks  - 20 IP
  6. 6. Tommy Milone Sea SP, RP             0-0, 3.21 era, 0.82 whip 19 Ks – 28 IP
  7. 7. Nestor Cortes Jr. NYY SP, RP        3-0, 4.78 era, 1.19 whip 32 Ks – 32.1 IP
    1. 8. Yonny Chirinos TB RP, SP              3-0, 3.94 era, 1.03 whip 18 Ks - 25 IP
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, arthurpete said:

Here are the strictly bulk numbers (game start numbers were omitted). Some of these guys are more suited to point leagues but Ive been rolling with Beeks/LeBlanc/Pena/Milone and Chirinos (early on) in my roto leagues and it has paid off big time. 

                                                                

  1. 1. Wade LeBlanc Sea SP, RP             3-0, 2.97 era, 1.09 whip 27 Ks – 39.1 IP
  2. 2. Felix Pena LAA SP, RP                   6-1, 4.89 era, 1.25 whip 66 Ks – 57 IP
  3. 3. Jalen Beeks TB RP                         5-0, 2.79 era, 1.29 whip 51 Ks – 61.1 IP
  4. 4. Ryan Yarbrough TB RP, SP            5-1, 4.36 era, 1.08 whip 28 Ks - 35.1 IP
  5. 5. Austin Pruitt TB RP                       1-0, 5.66 era, 1.28 whip 16 Ks  - 20 IP
  6. 6. Tommy Milone Sea SP, RP             0-0, 3.21 era, 0.82 whip 19 Ks – 28 IP
  7. 7. Nestor Cortes Jr. NYY SP, RP        3-0, 4.78 era, 1.19 whip 32 Ks – 32.1 IP
    1. 8. Yonny Chirinos TB RP, SP              3-0, 3.94 era, 1.03 whip 18 Ks - 25 IP

100% was LOVING the Chirinos goodies earlier this season. Thanks for the breakdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Framber Valdez listed as bulking today. Up against Griffin Canning and the Angels, I don't know if he'll make it past 2 or 3 innings. Still worth the spot bulk, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.