kidtwentytwo

2019 Bulk Relievers Thread

3 hours ago, Joe_Dan said:

I don't have all the info, but it might be players asking to start. I know some pitching contracts get performance bonuses for X number of major league starts in a season. 
I could also see then, that when they get the start they get performance anxiety, knowing they want more starts, and that might only happen if they perform in them.

Tommy Milone's contract does state a $1M incentive, per: https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/seattle-mariners/tom-milone-8598/.
What those incentives are... ?

But that's just speculation.

Pretty simple in my opinion. Just playing splits. Away team, I believe must submit their lineup before the home team.

Milone:

He gets to face Choo and Mazara in the top 3, so he's an easy start.

Then there is the LAA vs LAD game. Dodgers are home so LAA have to submit  their lineup first. Really quite puzzling why the LAA would throw another righty when LAD are loaded with lefties, but they be dumb.

Throwing a righty versus Joc, Verdugo and Turner. Teams probably should always throw a lefty opener versus LAD. Congrats, you got no advantage with that move LAA. Maybe Taylor Cole has a changeup and reverse splits, only thing I can think of.

Edited by Light Tower Power
  • Thanks 1

Payano had a nice bulk gem last night.
Seems to almost always be worth the risk, at least in start limit leagues.

16 hours ago, ekrekel said:

Pena bulk tonight! 2 LA sources.

Damn, I missed out! 

LeBlanc likely bulking Thursday.

Edited by Ace_King

1 hour ago, Joe_Dan said:

Payano had a nice bulk gem last night.
Seems to almost always be worth the risk, at least in start limit leagues.

Yeah, the way I see it, as long as they do not go negative, it is almost an automatic free space in start limit leagues (assuming you have a streamer spot open/didn't drop anyone of significant value to add the Bulker). Shout out to Payano for some Bulk Gold!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Yeah, the way I see it, as long as they do not go negative, it is almost an automatic free space in start limit leagues (assuming you have a streamer spot open/didn't drop anyone of significant value to add the Bulker). Shout out to Payano for some Bulk Gold!

I have only played in ESPN's fantasy leagues, so this may not apply to everyone.
What I've been doing is adding the bulkers right before the first game of the day, and then picking the player I dropped for them right back up as soon as the first game starts.
Then I have the bulker for the day, and don't lose any players of value.

7 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Yeah and a no brainer in points leagues where they won't hurt your ratios. It's house money. They are hard to track but that's why this thread is important as a one stop shop for updates on bulkers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe_Dan said:

I have only played in ESPN's fantasy leagues, so this may not apply to everyone.
What I've been doing is adding the bulkers right before the first game of the day, and then picking the player I dropped for them right back up as soon as the first game starts.
Then I have the bulker for the day, and don't lose any players of value.

I used to play in a league without waivers, where you could add/drop anyone at-will with no limits. It was total chaos.

Wade LeBlanc listed as bulking today and against Detroit, even.
Drew Verhagen is pitching for Detroit, so Wade will probably be in line for a win. That is if Drew doesn't just give up 5 runs int he first.
Could be a good one.

Edited by Joe_Dan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe_Dan said:

Wade LeBlanc listed as bulking today and against Detroit, even.
Drew Verhagen is pitching for Detroit, so Wade will probably be in line for a win. That is if Drew doesn't just give up 5 runs int he first.
Could be a good one.

Where do you see that he's listed as bulking? Is it confirmed?

Pivetta is a candidate for bulk reliever work.  Last time out he pitched 3 2/3 of no hit shutout ball and 5 Ks vs Tigers.  

He might excel in that role.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Where do you see that he's listed as bulking? Is it confirmed?

Yeah confirmed by the Seattle Times.

Diego Castillo is now listed as the starter for Friday's game vs Toronto, Yarbrough is predicted to bulk relieve after

• Thanks 2

Just now, Ace_King said:

Any weekend bulkers outside of Pena?

Does Pena look like he will stick?  Thinking about picking him up.

18 minutes ago, B&F said:

He has Baltimore this week so definitely worth picking up. He has been in their rotation all year, both as a starter and a bulker. He has been bulking for a while, with the exception of Houston, which may have been because they were so loaded that him avoiding the top of the order didn't matter. He presumably will bulk against Baltimore.

14 minutes ago, B&F said:

Had him most of the year. Judgement call when he starts no brainer when he bulks. Def better than an 8th inning guy in my book. Maybe better than lower tier closers.

5 hours ago, Ace_King said:

Any weekend bulkers outside of Pena?

Looks like Beeks is going today, as well.

• Thanks 1