Sign in to follow this  
ghostdragon

Zach Plesac 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Think everyone is overreacting a bit here. Going to drop after one bad start? I mean come on he’s been great every since he’s been up give him a break! The orioles are hot right now clearly. 2 straight games 13 runs 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Csiebert5 said:

Think everyone is overreacting a bit here. Going to drop after one bad start? I mean come on he’s been great every since he’s been up give him a break! The orioles are hot right now clearly. 2 straight games 13 runs 

I agree. I’m holding at least one more start.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite, the under the hood numbers were screaming for this to finally happen.

3 minutes ago, Csiebert5 said:

Think everyone is overreacting a bit here. Going to drop after one bad start? I mean come on he’s been great every since he’s been up give him a break! The orioles are hot right now clearly. 2 straight games 13 runs 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

lmao

career minor leaguer

This dude droppable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there's like 10-15 pitchers who aren't droppable

stream everyone, they're all the same

@DarinB300

Edited by FritzLn
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way Plesac is a drop in 12+ unless he’s removed from the rotation. Pretty simple.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree about the constant statements that lack anything that contributes. I try to keep comments to things I've seen, or things I've looked deeper into stats wise. 

Anywho, he's what I said earlier in the gamely thread. I've only had Plesac for today and his last torching, so I made a point to watch today. He was the cause of his own demise, not really his pitches per say, but other random BS...

"Plesac just got saved by A. Cole who stranded three of his runners and three more ER, but Plesac caused all of this... all 3 charged ER. He kicks a ball that would have gone straight to 2'nd baseman for an out, then gets a bunt, doesn't throw home for some reason... but awkwardly underhands to 1'st baseman. How was that NOT an error on Bradley? It was like Bradley had an effing grenade thrown to him or something, he caught it and just started tap dancing for the base... just beyond laughable!!! Either way, the inning could have ended w/ a hit and a BB... NO RUNS. Could have been 3IP, 2 HITS, 1BB, ZERO ER... But of course not, cause this $hit ALWAYS happens to my pitchers and is usually of the wtf, beyond bizarro variety just like this! I give up, I'm drafting (9) kickers next year rather than pitchers, its much safer! :wacko:"

Edited by LarryChip10
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

Agree about the constant statements that lack anything that contributes. I try to keep comments to things I've seen, or things I've looked deeper into stats wise. 

Anywho, he's what I said earlier in the gamely thread. I've only had Plesac for today and his last torching, so I made a point to watch today. He was the cause of his own demise, not really his pitches per say, but other random BS...

"Plesac just got saved by A. Cole who stranded three of his runners and three more ER, but Plesac caused all of this... all 3 charged ER. He kicks a ball that would have gone straight to 2'nd baseman for an out, then gets a bunt, doesn't throw home for some reason... but awkwardly underhands to 1'st baseman. How was that NOT an error on Bradley? It was like Bradley had an effing grenade thrown to him or something, he caught it and just started tap dancing for the base... just beyond laughable!!! Either way, the inning could have ended w/ a hit and a BB... NO RUNS. Could have been 3IP, 2 HITS, 1BB, ZERO ER... But of course not, cause this $hit ALWAYS happens to my pitchers and is usually of the wtf, beyond bizarro variety just like this! I give up, I'm drafting (9) kickers next year rather than pitchers, its much safer! :wacko:"

I'd agree that he is unpolished but he really gives me Bieber vibes from last year. Both need to get settled in or they're gonna get screwed by how many strikes they throw. Having had Bieber and seen him all last year,  idk feel inclined to give Plesac a longer leash. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong, I think Bieber comps are in line. I do like the kid, just didn't get to own him while he was doing much better. I think he'll be fine, was just commenting that he was unlucky to have things go south today, and while it was his fault, it was fielding rather than pitching that did him in today. DJ Dan is his uncle, he's got that going for him too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LarryChip10 said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Bieber comps are in line. I do like the kid, just didn't get to own him while he was doing much better. I think he'll be fine, was just commenting that he was unlucky to have things go south today, and while it was his fault, it was fielding rather than pitching that did him in today. DJ Dan is his uncle, he's got that going for him too! 

Agreed. Hes a perfect backend starter for this year with a decent amount of upside. I think if they adjust his pitch sequencing hell improve too. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Sent down to AAA.

 

All-star break shenanigans or something more?

 

Would be due to pitch Tuesday, problem is columbus doesn't play. Think this is more about fixing issues than roster management. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleveland.com today speaking of the issue 

 

 

Plesac, meanwhile, can go to Columbus and get a start over the All-Star break and rejoin the Indians rotation when play resumes Friday against the Twins at Progressive Field. Of course, the Indians could have other plans.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping he comes back after the Twins series. Then he could be lined up for DET, KC, @KC. Great 3 start schedule to start 2nd half. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 12:33 PM, LarryChip10 said:

One thing that stands out to me is the catcher. He’s being lazy AF and not presenting a target whatsoever. 

This isn’t acceptable for anyone, let alone a RC pitcher. Tuuuuurible! 

 

This happens WAY more than you'd expect throughout baseball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hoping we hear something on the Indians plans to bring him back into the rotation or not sooner than later. Waiting on the all-star break here to drop him or another guy or not. Nobody heard anything? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like they have to leave him in the rotation for now, unless he gets absolutely bombed, right? What other options do the Indians have after Bauer/Clevinger/Bieber?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pitched yesterday in AAA:   6.1 IP, 3ER, 4H, 2BB, 9K

That would line him up to pitch in a juicy matchup on Tuesday vs Detroit if they choose to bring him back. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pduce242424 said:

Pitched yesterday in AAA:   6.1 IP, 3ER, 4H, 2BB, 9K

That would line him up to pitch in a juicy matchup on Tuesday vs Detroit if they choose to bring him back. 

He's gotta be the 4th or 5th starter coming out the break after that outing. The Indians have no days off the rest of the month almost. Surprised they hadn't already announced it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.