Osu1456

Will Smith (C-LAD) 2019 Outlook

Dodgers resting most of their starters in tonight's game. Smith is batting fifth tonight ahead of Kyle Garlick, Matt Beaty, and Austin Barnes (2B).

Excited for him to get some at bats.

Edited by buster444
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, buster444 said:

Dodgers resting most of their starters in tonight's game. Smith is batting fifth tonight ahead of Kyle Garlick, Matt Beaty, and Austin Barnes (2B).

Excited for him to get some at bats.

Same here. I only wish he will stay up for good now. Maybe trade one of their other catchers for a pack of gum.

Two more homers tonight in AAA.

Up to 18 and a well over 1.000 OPS with great k and bb rates. I realize there dodgers don't really need help, but why the hell is Austin Barnes and his .630 OPS still starting?

• Like 2

Per Rotoworld blurb:

07.18... Dodgers C prospect Will Smith left Wednesday's game with Triple-A Oklahoma City due to an apparent wrist injury.
Spin: Smith appeared to get crossed up with the signs -- or more than likely, the pitcher got crossed up -- and he was struck square in his wrist. He attempted some throws after the injury, but was removed shortly after when the tosses ended up in the outfield. Smith is considered one of the top catching prospects in baseball, and he's been mentioned in several trade rumors as of late. This could have major deadline ramifications.

Is this guy going to break camp next year as the primary catcher for LA assuming he doesn’t get traded? 

Seems to me Martin catches all of Ryu's and Maeda's starts, and as good as those two have been this year, why would they change that up? Smith could get 3 out of 5 - that's not bad. 

He appeared in 9 of the 28 games the Dodgers played during his earlier season callup (7 starts), considering he was the 3rd catcher that's pretty good.

I'd take 3 out of 5.  Honestly, except for the handful of elite guys, that's about what starting catchers get.

Big fan of this kid. Love his approach. Kid can play! Both sides of the ball.

Easily the most excited I've ever been about a catcher pick-up. Admittedly not a high bar.

What an impact he's made already.  Should have started since Opening Day imo

I've read that this guy will get the "lion's share" of catcher PT, but that's still pretty vague. Do people see him playing almost everyday like McCann and Narvaez or more like Mitch Garver?

Just now, bigboyish said:

I've read that this guy will get the "lion's share" of catcher PT, but that's still pretty vague. Do people see him playing almost everyday like McCann and Narvaez or more like Mitch Garver?

The former

3-3, HR, 6 RBI... So fresh he's moving with his auntie and uncle to bel air

• Like 1
  • Haha 1