Flynfiesta6

Did my LM Cheat? Or is ESPN just stupid

Ok, so my LM picked up Malex Smith yesterday @ 8:30 AM PST.  I happened to look at his roster last night and noticed that he had moved Smith into his lineup even though I saw him on his bench initially.  So I went into the transaction history and below is what went down.

I know that having LM powers you can adjust a line up after a player becomes locked at the start of the game.  ESPN used to indicate that a move made by an LM and it would post on to the league page.  Doesn't say anything on our league page but I don't know how he was able to move Malex at 4:22 when he played in an early game (12:30PM PST I believe) and should have been locked on his bench at that time.  Anyone know about this?

Somehow Acuna was also in his lineup yesterday but there were no transactions detailing that move and the last move looks like he put him on the bench...

Wed May 29

4:22 pm

Roster Update

moved Mallex Smith, Sea CF from BE to OF

moved Ronald Acuna Jr., Atl LF from OF to BE

Wed May 29

4:21 pm

Roster Update

moved Christian Yelich, Mil LF from BE to UTIL

moved Mallex Smith, Sea CF from UTIL to BE

Wed May 29

4:20 pm

Roster Update

moved Carlos Carrasco, Cle SP from BE to SP

moved Patrick Corbin, Wsh SP from SP to BE

Wed May 29

8:53 am

Roster Update

moved Mallex Smith, Sea CF from BE to UTIL

moved Christian Yelich, Mil LF from UTIL to BE

Sounds to me like he had Smith in initially with Acuna in his lineup and YelIich on the bench (who had an off day). He then (for whatever reason) illegally moved Smith from UTIL to OF and then swapped Acuna to the bench for Yelich (who wasn't playing). It looks like he made that move before Acuna went 0-4 so that's kind of weird.

Either way, he had Smith in his lineup all along (UTIL or OF) so I wouldn't sweat the stats gained there besides the shadiness of moving guys around once locked...

Seems odd. Honestly, if you have to spend this much time being a detective, I'd find another league. I certainly don't monitor everyone else's team every day in order to see who's on the bench and who isn't LOL.

50 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Sounds to me like he had Smith in initially with Acuna in his lineup and YelIich on the bench (who had an off day). He then (for whatever reason) illegally moved Smith from UTIL to OF and then swapped Acuna to the bench for Yelich (who wasn't playing). It looks like he made that move before Acuna went 0-4 so that's kind of weird.

Either way, he had Smith in his lineup all along (UTIL or OF) so I wouldn't sweat the stats gained there besides the shadiness of moving guys around once locked...

Seems odd. Honestly, if you have to spend this much time being a detective, I'd find another league. I certainly don't monitor everyone else's team every day in order to see who's on the bench and who isn't LOL.

Its a work league and I don't monitor anyone else's, just him.  I've posted his ridiculous trades on another thread. 

Anyways, the real issue here is why doesn't it indicate that the LM made the move since it was after it was locked?  It used to do that on the previous platform, seems like a pretty standard notification to keep the LM honest.

38 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Its a work league and I don't monitor anyone else's, just him.  I've posted his ridiculous trades on another thread. 

Anyways, the real issue here is why doesn't it indicate that the LM made the move since it was after it was locked?  It used to do that on the previous platform, seems like a pretty standard notification to keep the LM honest.

Is he your boss of any sort? If not, I would probably call him out on it in front of everyone else...

1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

Is he your boss of any sort? If not, I would probably call him out on it in front of everyone else...

Maybe not in front of everyone else....but I might chat with another player you trust, and if they agree, maybe question it on the league forum?

2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Not my boss, I’ll just wait till he brags and then I’ll blow him up. 

Can anyone speak to the ESPN piece? Are there any LMs here that run an ESPN league that could do a test? I honestly can’t believe they would eliminate that as a notification. 

Never played in an ESPN league before, but he clearly cheated 

ESPN is just stupid is the correct answer. I LM a couple leagues on that platform. The new dumbed down version that espn changed to this season does some weird things. When you make a roster change for tomorrow, or the next day, or any day other than today it still records the move with todays date. In prior seasons changes made in advance didn't run and get recorded until the nightly batch run for each date. So the moves in question were actually moves for some future date.

The new dumbed down espn site doesn't even allow LMs to edit players in or out of anyone elses (or their own) lineup after that player has locked at their game time. In prior years LMs could edit their own or other owners,s lineups after their lock time and it would record the move as "performed by LM", but that's no longer the case.

I hope this info helps.