sjm76

Darren Waller 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Wyzzil said:

Such a slap in the face the other TE was the one who got the TD. Could someone please lock buddy in the closet before the next game?

Island of Dr. Moreau has as many (3) TDs at the Wallerus 🤓

meh, ish happens ... i love my silver n' black TE - such a joy to just RONCO this kid 👍

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheBigBambino said:

Berry said he is “nervous about Waller”

Start with confidence

That's his boy too. For as much slack as we give Berry with his "expert analysis", we do have to give him some credit. He was hyping Waller all off-season.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

That's his boy too. For as much slack as we give Berry with his "expert analysis", we do have to give him some credit. He was hyping Waller all off-season.

To be fair though, who wasn’t?

Especially after what was being said about him in Hard Knocks. One of the easiest potential breakouts and draft values to sniff up with that media exposure.

3 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

He's gotta be right sometimes. As bad as MB is, he can't be 100% wrong on his calls.

It seems teams are now game-planning for Waller.  Now that Williams is back, Renfrow is gaining Carr's trust, & Jones is getting up to speed I think the days of Waller having 8-12 targets is about over.  I expect anywhere between 5-8 from here as a mid-range TE1.  I'd rank Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, Henry, & Engram ahead of him now

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

It seems teams are now game-planning for Waller.  Now that Williams is back, Renfrow is gaining Carr's trust, & Jones is getting up to speed I think the days of Waller having 8-12 targets is about over.  I expect anywhere between 5-8 from here as a mid-range TE1.  I'd rank Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, Henry, & Engram ahead of him now

Seems reasonable, I’m definitely a little worried. 

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

sooooo....top 5?

Pretty good considering he was undrafted, and still capable of dropping 20 points any given week. He had 2 receptions last week, and still gave me 8 points. lol

I would put him over Henry and about tied with Kelce with Mahomes out.

2 hours ago, FooserX said:

sooooo....top 5?

Pretty good considering he was undrafted, and still capable of dropping 20 points any given week. He had 2 receptions last week, and still gave me 8 points. lol

I would put him over Henry and about tied with Kelce with Mahomes out.

Soooo...6th (math is hard)?   Maybe? He’s still start-worthy, never said he wasn’t. Just lowering the expectations with the decreased target share. Fairly obvious, IMO...

14 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Don't forget about Austin Hooper. I think I'd have the overall TE-1 thru 9 weeks (and mind you, a #1 overall TE scoring status thru 9 weeks, inclusive of having sustained a bye last week) ahead of Waller ROS too. And even more especially so now that, unlike with Waller, there have been no signs of any down tick in target share for Hooper; and, in fact, a narrative that, if anything, would support for one to have reasonabe expectations of an increase in target share with Mohammed Sanu now out of the picture, and defense that's still practically guaranteed to leave Atlanta in point-chase pass mode for large portions of every game, week in-week out. But anyhow, i digress... 

Waller is still a stud talent; and he's still the best, as well as most dangerous, weapon Oakland has in the passing game. His weekly target share has probably already seen it's best days in the 2019 season, and thus, his reception count won't be as robust as it was earlier in the season.

But this an athletic field stretching TE we're talking about here, and therefore, moving forward, whatever he may lack in target share, can be reasonably made up for with big-gainer, chunk yardage reception/run after catch splash plays. Say one or two of those type of plays go for TD's (which, the potential for occurrence, is very real: see 48 yd catch/run down to the 1 vs. Green Bay a couple weeks back). Then, throw in the fact that Waller profiles as a healthy red zone threat...and IMO we're still talking about very much an elite TE here in comparison to the field.

I'd add Hooper to the "TE's I'd prefer over Waller ROS group", and I'd keep Kelce and Kittle ahead of him, amongst that group too. But I wouldn't necessarily put Ertz and Henry in it...and certainly not Evan Engram (gets hurt, has Shepard coming back, still has volitale rookie QB and s**tty O-line, and has been relatively quiet for weeks as is. Dude hasn't even hit the 50 yd mark since wk 4). 

Or at least that's that's the way I see it anyhow.

• Like 1

Any concerns here, as Barry is very concerned.  2 targets last week, same as Foster Moreau😭

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Any concerns here, as Barry is very concerned.  2 targets last week, same as Foster Moreau😭

I'm somewhat concerned.  But it's not worth spending time thinking about.   It's not like I'm going to sit him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjb said:

Yeah I’m concerned 

• Like 1

Me too, I have another TE playing Monday who’s not 100%. Guess I have no option but to hope for a bounce back.🙏

Just now, mjb said:

Me too, I have another TE playing Monday who’s not 100%. Guess I have no option but to hope for a bounce back.🙏

Yeah I had to play it smart and sit Kittle for Waller...I have really been a fan of the way Gruden is calling games this year, I see a bounce back smash spot for DW tonight.

• Like 2

Starting Henry tonight over him.  I think if you have other options than Waller (probably a stretch) you have to start exploring them.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DemOrioles said:

Starting Henry tonight over him.  I think if you have other options than Waller (probably a stretch) you have to start exploring them.

I think we’re overreacting a little bit. As mentioned above, there are only a few that you would start over him, Henry being one of them. He had 2 targets last game, but other than that has been solid. The week before he had 8 targets but only caught two, which was a bit disappointing.

On 11/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, lvsaint429 said:

Yeah....uh....about Engram.......

• Haha 1