sjm76

Darren Waller 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

Tyrell Williams only did well one season and that was in 2016 when Allen had gotten hurt. Waller should be #2.

Great point, hopefully it translates to what I expect to be a dumpster fire. Also, your team name is awesome!

Edited by jujus-jujubees
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Besides AB, theres..................and ummmmmm.........??? Exactly

Starting

5/54/1

Yeah, this team is going to be a dumpster fire. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Waller is a dart throw in 2TE leagues. Starting him week 1 is crazy. Echo chamber x RW forum hype x Hard Knocks feel-good storytelling. You guys are nuts.

Scared money don't make money

Giddy up

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Harego42 said:

I’m thinking of dropping Austin hooper for this guy. Am I crazy or should I go for it? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow. Is it going too far to start Waller this week in a 10 team league? 15 catches for Waller? 😉

With Brown out this guy is a serious sleeper.  Don't be that guy who doesn't roster him.  Sky could be the limit.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

With Brown out this guy is a serious sleeper.  Don't be that guy who doesn't roster him.  Sky could be the limit.

I get the point, but also don’t want to be that guy who doesn’t roster Mark Andrews. Or doesn’t roster Justin Jackson. Have to make decisions at the end of your bench. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

👆👆👆

Waller will be going off.  Remember Jared Cook at the beginning of last year?  That's going to be Waller the whole season!  Matchup doesn't matter, he is a mismatch for whoever they try to have cover him.  Feed the Wallerus!!!  Choo Choo Choo!!!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I get the point, but also don’t want to be that guy who doesn’t roster Mark Andrews. Or doesn’t roster Justin Jackson. Have to make decisions at the end of your bench. 

This guy is not "at the end" of your bench if Brown is suspended.  If Brown is out, here are the pass catching options for Oakland:

1. Tyrell Williams.
2. Waller.

The other options are the following: Hunter Renfrow, who a lot of scouts gave an "UDFA" grade, although he went in the 5th; JJ Nelson (81 career catches in five years); Dwayne Harris (only topped 17 catches once, he's there to return kicks); Ryan Grant (who is somewhat capable although buried on the depth chart).

Now granted Waller has little track record as well but we know he's going to be on the field.  And unlike almost every player on this list (including Williams) he's at least been on the field with Carr in a real game before.

Edited by KennyWoo
typo

Man oh man guys. The season hasn't even started and already there are fireworks. I was gonna start Mark Andrews but I think I'm gonna have to get this Waller dude in my lineup now. Carr is going to have to pass to someone.

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

Man oh man guys. The season hasn't even started and already there are fireworks. I was gonna start Mark Andrews but I think I'm gonna have to get this Waller dude in my lineup now. Carr is going to have to pass to someone.

I don't get the Mark Andrews love.  Baltimore is a run first team and sure, he and Lamar connected a bit last year.  I see Waller has having higher upside.  Dude is a fast WR playing the TE position.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I don't get the Mark Andrews love.  Baltimore is a run first team and sure, he and Lamar connected a bit last year.  I see Waller has having higher upside.  Dude is a fast WR playing the TE position.

agreed ... look, for as bad as Carr has been recently, he did make Cook a TON of money by peppering the cat last season. 

he also has grasped the nuance of matriculating the foward pass above JR High level, which is something Lamar has still not shown. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

I'm firing up Waller in week 1 

Edited by DarinB300

I scooped Waller for my ppr league that doesn't even require a TE...we have three W/T spots...I think he could potentially be an every week "WR3" with 2 potential and crazy TD standard upside ...also scooped him over Ty Williams because his qbs skillset caters to TEs better and the coach loveeeess Waller...WalleR1...

I just can't seem to pull the trigger on dropping Darwin Thompson for him for my last bench spot.  Somebody talk me into it b/c I want on this train.  

5 minutes ago, UFGator said:

I just can't seem to pull the trigger on dropping Darwin Thompson for him for my last bench spot.  Somebody talk me into it b/c I want on this train.  

Darwin?! Are you kidden me..🤨        Atleast Darren will be on the field

Edited by Sean Tambo

2 minutes ago, UFGator said:

DO IT!