sjm76

Darren Waller 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, UFGator said:

I just can't seem to pull the trigger on dropping Darwin Thompson for him for my last bench spot.  Somebody talk me into it b/c I want on this train.  

Would depend on who your TE is right now.

But in a vacuum, Waller was already the starting TE and possibly going to have a good season.  Now those odds have significantly increased.

Whereas with Thompson, you need a lot more help for him to be relevant.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:08 PM, Spina said:

Waited/Targeted Waller too...also only TE on my roster.

Love everything I've seen/read on him and am expecting solid numbers. Will surprise a lot of people.

Surprised he's not discussed more. A lot more....soon they will be.

Soon came sooner than expected.

Love it!

I'm looking forward to seeing Darren Waller at the top of the TE section of every waiver wire article next week. Step 1, grab Waller now as your TE2. Step 2, wait for the week 1 breakout. Step 3, trade your TE1 for a RB or WR upgrade before week 2 and roll with Waller as your TE1 ROS.

• Like 4

I had Hockenson as my TE2 behind Kittle in my big money 💴 league, I was on the fence prior to the AB situation and rolled with Hocken but after the news it’s made it very easy choice for me and I can’t wait to see him explode into the scene so I can use him for kitties early bye week 4 and then trade him for Trade bait because TE is hella thin and I can easily see this guy putting up a kittle season this year 

I dropped Andrews for him, since Boyle was listed as the ravens starter and they are not going to throw a lot, Raiders will be losing lots of throws to WALLLER

1 hour ago, UFGator said:

I just can't seem to pull the trigger on dropping Darwin Thompson for him for my last bench spot.  Somebody talk me into it b/c I want on this train.  

I absolutely would. I have Philly and Buffalo Dst. Plan on starting Philly this week and holding buffalo for a juicy upcoming schedule. Only way for me to get Waller is dropping Philly who is top 2 ranked this week. Dunno what to do lol. Have Engram, but really like Wallers situation

8 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I absolutely would. I have Philly and Buffalo Dst. Plan on starting Philly this week and holding buffalo for a juicy upcoming schedule. Only way for me to get Waller is dropping Philly who is top 2 ranked this week. Dunno what to do lol. Have Engram, but really like Wallers situation

I would drop philly , I mean bro Waller has major upside , he is 7 years younger than cook is And had a faster 40yard dash time at combine , obliviously he’s a lot faster now and in his prime as cook is on the decline imo ,  ow AB out that’s 150ish targets up for grabs , everyone adding tyrell Williams yet 80+% of his tds are from 20+ yards out , 90% of Carr’s td passes are less than 20 yards out...... tyrell Williams is a deep threat and deep receiver, car is the bottom 5 deep throw QB, bad combo imo Waller going to Eat A LOT

Welp I'm screwed. Actually already owned Waller and dropped him for Philly and didn't realize he won't be off waivers until Saturday. I bet someone is burning a waiver on him too

2 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Welp I'm screwed. Actually already owned Waller and dropped him for Philly and didn't realize he won't be off waivers until Saturday. I bet someone is burning a waiver on him too

Is anyone burning a waiver or FAAB? I’m considering burning a waiver since I have 11 out 12 but plan to bid $0 FAAB. Just asking to gauge the value for all of us here. 

1 minute ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Is anyone burning a waiver or FAAB? I’m considering burning a waiver since I have 11 out 12 but plan to bid $0 FAAB. Just asking to gauge the value for all of us here. 

I'll answer your question with a question.

Do you want the NUMBER ONE TE IN FANTASY FOOTBALL????

• Haha 1

Just now, K197040 said:

I'll answer your question with a question.

Do you want the NUMBER ONE TE IN FANTASY FOOTBALL????

Lol we’ll be lucky if he cracks top 10. Rookie TE is historically bad.  

Not a rookie my dude

Recovering drug addict

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Phew, that's a relief he isn't a rookie. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

How dare you

3 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

He’s not a rookie broski and guess what there is a absolutely no TE besides Waller on the depth chart the others are straight trash, Waller is a way better blocker and receiver than both...... Hockenson is the one with Jesse James on the depth chart ...... Waller gonna EAT like a king this year, sorry but I bet you anything that Waller is gets the most targets week 1

Edited by Brye
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Defense is almost always a dart throw. Doubt you get Waller after this week. Probably not after today if anyone in your league is decent and notes the AB situation. I take a skill player over a second D/ST anytime. 

I really want to pick this guy up, Waller was getting hyped before all of this AB stuff, but I feel like I don't have anyone to drop that i'd be comfortable with. I'd consider Darrell Henderson or Valdes-Scantling, but they both could potentially be very valuable. GAH

Does anyone think he could have a better season than Cook's last year?

Edited by trolltoll

11 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

I really want to pick this guy up, Waller was getting hyped before all of this AB stuff, but I feel like I don't have anyone to drop that i'd be comfortable with. I'd consider Darrell Henderson or Valdes-Scantling, but they both could potentially be very valuable. GAH

Does anyone think he could have a better season than Cook's last year?

Hes better...Like the"Josh Gordon" of TEs..

Tall, good hands, fast! 👌

Edited by Sean Tambo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Hes better...Like the"Josh Gordon" of TEs..

Tall, good hands, fast! 👌

Waller definitely looks the part but so have many other bust tight ends.  He has looked good in practice, yes, but let's see how he does in a regular season game situation now.

Just now, sjm76 said:

Waller definitely looks the part but so have many other bust tight ends.  He has looked good in practice, yes, but let's see how he does in a regular season game situation now.

There's just no one else in front of him at the position.  And very little competition for targets.  Raiders will be behind in most games (with or without Brown).

Unless he gets hurt or suspended, I don't see much bust potential for a waiver wire pickup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

There's just no one else in front of him at the position.  And very little competition for targets.  Raiders will be behind in most games (with or without Brown).

Unless he gets hurt or suspended, I don't see much bust potential for a waiver wire pickup.

I understand everything you said but defenses could also try to double Waller now, too, knowing that he's arguably their top target.  

42 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Not a rookie my dude

Recovering drug addict

Well I’m an adoptive sorry guys.  I think I need to do whatever I can to get this guy.  

13 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I understand everything you said but defenses could also try to double Waller now, too, knowing that he's arguably their top target.  

I don’t see that happening. He doesn’t have a Kelce-type reputation yet. It’ll be nice if he gets to that level though!