2019 June Closer Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Raisel Excusias

I mean, neither of them are playing in the majors at the moment ... So ... what we were told WAS true ...

"X-itis" means inflammation of the X.  There I just saved you 200k in student loan debt.

Posted Images

If you need a closer sure.  He just got picked up this morning in one of my leagues. I'm not sure how many saves he gets, but he's been solid as a reliever unlike some of the other low end guys with crappy peripherals.  I do think he's a candidate to be traded, bad contract and all.  KC would love to jettison as much of that money as possible and I could see a team buying in at a steep discount if he continues to do well out of the pen. 

20 hours ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

In which order would you rank these 3 RP's (Workman, C. Martin, Swarzak) to have the best chance in getting saves or becoming the closer. There all available in my league and debating which one to pick up.   

Workman has the best shot at a job due everyone blowing saves on the sox so far.

Martin has a non zero chance at saves since they refuse to reinstall Leclerc into the role, and Kelley leaves a lot to be desired as a closer.

Swarzak I don't think will be save relevant at all.

1 hour ago, mi26 said:

Thoughts on Ian Kennedy? Worth a pickup?

Opportunities may be lacking but he's clearly grabbed a hold of the job and I'd say he's better than 20% of the guys currently closing. So yeah, he's worth an add. Until he gets traded 😡

Edit: I think Kennedy's contract will make him tough to move so he could run with the gig all year. But if KC is willing to eat some of it he could get moved.

Edited by fletch44
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, MaeDay said:

Do we think Brad Hand gets dealt to LAD? As a Hand owner do I try and deal him now, or cross my fingers and hope he’s stays put?

would like to see a link where you got this rumor from..have not seen anything personally on him to the dodgers

22 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

would like to see a link where you got this rumor from..have not seen anything personally on him to the dodgers

Sorry I’m new to posting in here so here a link from one of the sites I seen this news on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dodgerblue.com/mlb-trade-rumors-dodgers-making-no-secret-interest-indians-closer-brad-hand-july-31-deadline/2019/06/11/amp/

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

Workman has the best shot at a job due everyone blowing saves on the sox so far.

What about Hembree getting a shot?

Workman’s walk rate is worrisome. 

27 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

The rumor was in the link I posted yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

The rumor was in the link I posted yesterday. 

Think it’s time to try and take offers for him? I mean going to LAD probably won’t get any save chances unless Kenley gets hurt.

2 minutes ago, MaeDay said:

Think it’s time to try and take offers for him? I mean going to LAD probably won’t get any save chances unless Kenley gets hurt.

That’s probably more of a Bench Coach question, where you list your roster, league parameters, where you rank in saves, if your league is bloodthirsty for saves, etc. There are too many things we don’t know that would allow us to make a more educated suggestion. 

• Thanks 1

Even though Hand to LAD makes sense I doubt it will happen.  It will cost a boatload and I doubt they would want to pay it.  There will probably other options available. 

7 hours ago, dicka24 said:

Martin has a non zero chance at saves since they refuse to reinstall Leclerc into the role, and Kelley leaves a lot to be desired as a closer.

Swarzak I don't think will be save relevant at all.

That could be because Leclerc continues to give up runs in lower leverage situations.

3 hours ago, B&F said:

Even though Hand to LAD makes sense I doubt it will happen.  It will cost a boatload and I doubt they would want to pay it.  There will probably other options available. 

If you're the Dodgers you pay the price for him or a Smith and be done with it. 

Their bullpen is their only weakness and they aren't winning a world series with the one they currently have.