2019 June Closer Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Raisel Excusias

I mean, neither of them are playing in the majors at the moment ... So ... what we were told WAS true ...

"X-itis" means inflammation of the X.  There I just saved you 200k in student loan debt.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

If you're the Dodgers you pay the price for him or a Smith and be done with it. 

Their bullpen is their only weakness and they aren't winning a world series with the one they currently have. 

What?  You mean Joe Kelly and his big contract wasn't the answer in the off season?  Who knew?  Other than all Boston fans, hahaha.  Oh Joe, you got hot that one and only time and it was against LA in the Series and you had them fooled with it which assure your financial future, heh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Anyone know of a typical recovery timeframe for elbow inflammation?

Hard to say without knowing all the details. Assuming there’s no structural damage and no impingement issues, it might be the bare minimum 10 days if it’s very mild to several weeks if it’s more severe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, jseay65 said:

Biagini was a good stash anyway because Giles seemed like the next closer to move. Lots of rumors have him headed for a reunion in PHI. 

That could suck for Neris and Giles owners. Neris has been nails as a closer this year. I would ask if Kap would really demote him and install Giles...but no one has a friggin clue what that guy will do. 

28 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

That could suck for Neris and Giles owners. Neris has been nails as a closer this year. I would ask if Kap would really demote him and install Giles...but no one has a friggin clue what that guy will do. 

There's zero chance if I'm a real contender he's to guy I'm buying to be a closer.  None.  Set up guy maybe.

The image of him melting down and punching himself in the head is too vivid.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, 96mnc said:

There's zero chance if I'm a real contender he's to guy I'm buying to be a closer.  None.  Set up guy maybe.

The image of him melting down and punching himself in the head is too vivid.

As a Neris owner, I hope you’re right lol. Kap will find a way to troll us all, I’m sure. Giles and Neris might set up Hammer 😂. Jk of course lol. 

8 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Workman got final out of 7th and pitched the 8th. Barnes came in during the 9th of a tie game...should I drop Workman for Barnes?

Kind of a bench coach question.  Can't pick one if you are hedging.  At this point Will Smith seems like the most likely lol.

47 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Workman got final out of 7th and pitched the 8th. Barnes came in during the 9th of a tie game...should I drop Workman for Barnes?

100% full blown committee with no way to predict who will close. Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

8 hours ago, TopChuckie said:

Regarding Hand's replacement after his trade to LA; I doubt they promote a guy right from AAA to Closer, but take a look at James Karinchak's K/9, ERA, and FIP numbers:

image.png.252b9f837d3352698866513a842eecca.png

Due to the insane strikeout rates have been watching for awhile now.  However, he's been on the 7 day IL for about 3 weeks now.  Obviously, if he made it up to the majors he would be a great watch candidate...

6 minutes ago, thefamily79 said:

Minter is going to get a piece

I was shocked to see that he’s owned in 19% of yahoo leagues.  I take it that most of those owners abandoned their teams - likely because of Minter.  

I hope he turns things around, but he really messed up my plans early on.  

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Havent looked at his usage lately, but could he possibly just need the work?

Good question.  He has looked horrible so far, predictably.