2019 June Closer Thread

will smith faced the heart of the brewers lineup

k'd yelich

fouled out braun

walked grandal

k'd moose

😍

Edited by street sharks

Rogers with the save last night in his 1st appearance in a week after his minor back troubles. Clean inning with 1 K, 10 pitches. Any chance he runs away with the job or will Baldelli keep mixing and matching? 

2 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Rogers with the save last night in his 1st appearance in a week after his minor back troubles. Clean inning with 1 K, 10 pitches. Any chance he runs away with the job or will Baldelli keep mixing and matching? 

Same as all year so far, no one has the gig by himself

Just now, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Jordan Hicks got a save yesterday, but it’s not showing up in yahoo.  I find this to be unnerving.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Fantastic K%, BB%, H/9, and HR/9. He's an animal.

Unfortunately, if he gets traded, then he'll likely just be an animal for a contender setting up for their closer.  Still would obviously have value the way he's pitched this season, but still, it seems like there's at least a decent chance of him getting moved.

In Yahoo I haven't gotten a save from Hicks from the suspended game. Anyone else with this issue?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Unfortunately, if he gets traded, then he'll likely just be an animal for a contender setting up for their closer.  Still would obviously have value the way he's pitched this season, but still, it seems like there's at least a decent chance of him getting moved.

There are still a handful of contenders out there that could use a lockdown closer for sure

• Like 2

Braves, Red Sox, Twins, and if they're still in it, the Rangers are about the only ones I can think of where he'd be the closer. Phillies probably need another arm but who knows how Kapler would use him. 

11 hours ago, smeeze said:

In case you haven’t seen this:

Rays transferred LHP Jose Alvarado from the bereavement list to the restricted list.

The move was necessary because Alvarado has missed more than the maximum seven days while on bereavement. The hope is that he'll return on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks.  I did read that but the hope that he will be back in a day or two Rotoworld always adds and so far no joy.

1 hour ago, Rfw107 said:

In Yahoo I haven't gotten a save from Hicks from the suspended game. Anyone else with this issue?

LOL, did you not read the posts just above you?  It is like every other person here comes to this thread just to post but not to read posts already here that answers their question.

Robles with a clean save and K’d Lowe. He was hitting 99 and 100 😲 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Robles with a clean save and K’d Lowe. He was hitting 99 and 100 😲 

He has been underrated

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TTRA1N said:

He has been underrated

Agree but Understandably just due to where he came from before this recent success. He’s had a couple stumbles but who hasn’t.

Now the concern would would be a potential trade into lower leverage role. If he stays in LA he seems to have the majority closer role. 

24 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Agree but Understandably just due to where he came from before this recent success. He’s had a couple stumbles but who hasn’t.

Now the concern would would be a potential trade into lower leverage role. If he stays in LA he seems to have the majority closer role. 

If you're really worried about Robles getting traded, Keynan Middleton should be ready end of the month/early July. I dont see Buttrey moving off his fireman/set up role.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gryfter said:

If you're really worried about Robles getting traded, Keynan Middleton should be ready end of the month/early July. I dont see Buttrey moving off his fireman/set up role.

This.  Middleton was always suppose to be their closer in the making   This coming from a die hard Angel fan. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Was Workman warning up before to close the game before Boston scores in the top of the 9th?

Workman and Josh Taylor were both warming when it was 4-2, with the orioles batting in the 8th. 

• Like 1

Minter just came in for a clean hitting in the 7th, striking out two, including Harper.  Braves currently up 5-4.  Might be a moment of truth for Luke Jackson if he gets a save opportunity here.

Well Harper has a league-high 90 strikeouts according to a twit (twitter)on the game feed, so I guess it’s not all that impressive.  Sheesh.

40 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Minter just came in for a clean hitting in the 7th, striking out two, including Harper.  Braves currently up 5-4.  Might be a moment of truth for Luke Jackson if he gets a save opportunity here.

Epic fail for Luke

Neris back to doing Neris things.  Nice to see Kepler go right back to him the night after his first blown save. That should really speak to his confidence in him moving forward.