tonycpsu

2019 June Closer Thread

32 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Pagan doesn’t have nearly the stuff that Castillo does. Castillo throws several MPH faster and his breaking stuff moves more. The pitchFX shows this is a fact and not merely an opinion.

Castillo has been awful though for quite a while. 

5 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

That is what they all say then the next thing is always the visit to Doc Andrews.  Oh wait, this isn't the Mets "medical staff."

• Like 1

Hicks with triceps tendinitis 

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Castillo has been awful though for quite a while. 

What does that have to do with him having better “stuff” than Pagan?

1 hour ago, Vote4link said:

Who would take the role after Hicks? Cmart? Gant? 

Or just a dartboard like a lot of teams like to do now.

Diego Castillo destroying ratios this week. 

Just now, 9703 said:

Diego Castillo destroying ratios this week. 

And in down two in the seventh

Castillo has completely melted down. Doing his best A.J. Minter impersonation. 🙃

3 hours ago, Lebanasty said:

Keep an eye on Liam Hendriks.  He's had a great June (10.2IP, 1W, 0L, 6HLD, 1ER, 11.81K/9) and has been coming in for high leverage situations, often in the 7th inning while the A's are ahead.

2Ks and the save.

Looked nasty with 98MPH heat on the corners.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Aames said:

so hendriks takes over?

Susan Slusser above tweeted that he “it sounds like he” would. Also that Treinen calls it a rotator cuff strain.

Edited by Caelum

2 minutes ago, Caelum said:

Susan Slusser above tweeted that he “it sounds like he” would. Also that Treinen calls it a rotator cuff strain.

Rotator cuff strain?  Yuck.

Boston's entire bullpen is just trash right now. Walden gives up a run, Barnes gives up 3 runs and walks 2 to load bases, Brasier walks 2 runs in right after that. Just goofing it. Josh Smith warming up for the 9th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dislimb said:

What does that have to do with him having better “stuff” than Pagan?

It has to do with the fact that Castillo sucks, despite how good his stuff is.  Sucked again today.

Edited by El_Chingon

On 6/20/2019 at 1:06 AM, 96mnc said:

There's a whole lot of season left.

You were right.  After my little rant and then your reply to it on Thursday, two days later I have 4 closers after a trade, a pickup, and now picking up Hendriks thanks to an unfortunate injury.

I'm still right that Boston's situation is pretty much pointless though since it's become a dumpster that should be lit on fire by Alex Cora and Theo Epstein.  Today being a prime example.  How they managed to blow that lead against Toronto is pretty sad.

Hendriks might have the gig ros the way Treinen has looked on top of his bs lately

Just now, CraftyRighty said:

Hendriks might have the gig ros the way Treinen has looked on top of his bs lately

We now know that Treinen has been dealing with an injury for several weeks.

I'm not sure Melvin would allow him to be wally pipped if he comes back healthy and like the Treinen of last year.

But then again what do any of us know? It was a pretty easy call to say it would Hendriks though, regardless of the injury to Blake.

Just now, CraftyRighty said:

Who knows how long Trenein has had the injury actually, but still, who knows how long he'll be out.  I doubt it's anything but a fairly long term injury.

Hendriks for sure the next man up? I know Trivino has not been that good lately but I thought he was always considered the guy next in line.