Sign in to follow this  
colepenhagen

Over pay for Trout? WHIR

12 team 5x5 redraft h2h

have too much depth and need to upgrade but feel like this is alot

if I wait for Stanton and judge to come back my outfield would be acuna, judge, stanton, with my util pham and Benintendi and I would be sitting voit and Jorge Polanco. if I make the trade my outfield would be trout acuna judge, with my util voit and Polanco.

my sp is good and deep so my only weakness is 3b but I haven't given up on Donaldson just yet.

give Stanton, Benintendi, pham

get trout

my team

1b goldy

2b moncada

3b donaldson

ss seager

of acuna

of benintendi

of pham

util voit

util j polanco

bench/ir- stanon, judge, biggio

Edited by colepenhagen

Not really. All 3 are good players so it could be accepted but definitely not an overpay. They all have questions (Pham and Stanton on health and Benintendi on performance). You have to also consider the players the Trout team would have to drop. It might be a slight overpay in a vaccum but really, when looking at these factors, it is not even a lock to be accepted.

this is the type of trade you should make 100% of the time. the difference in counting stats from voit and polonco (whom you'd be sitting) opposed to pham and benentendi aren't that far off. Id much rather have Trout than Stanton (obviously) so its a pretty easy trade to say yes to if Im you. An OF of Trout, Judge and Acuna is formidable. 

15 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Not really. All 3 are good players so it could be accepted but definitely not an overpay. They all have questions (Pham and Stanton on health and Benintendi on performance). You have to also consider the players the Trout team would have to drop. It might be a slight overpay in a vaccum but really, when looking at these factors, it is not even a lock to be accepted.

idk trout have been as inj prone as Stanton last few years so that really doesn't factor in. 

hes got easy drops yuli, mcneil, cody allen

I would trade them for Trout. All 3 may get hot, but you get Trout & some other studs into your mine up too. 

1 minute ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

this is the type of trade you should make 100% of the time. the difference in counting stats from voit and polonco (whom you'd be sitting) opposed to pham and benentendi aren't that far off. Id much rather have Trout than Stanton (obviously) so its a pretty easy trade to say yes to if Im you. An OF of Trout, Judge and Acuna is formidable. 

my problem is id feel light on sb

I like having minimum 4 guys that can steal 20+ bags. like having 5 in h2h

if I move benny and pham then I only have trout, acuna, and moncada for sb. everyone else is a no go on sb 

Just now, colepenhagen said:

my problem is id feel light on sb

I like having minimum 4 guys that can steal 20+ bags. like having 5 in h2h

if I move benny and pham then I only have trout, acuna, and moncada for sb. everyone else is a no go on sb 

whats your waiver wire lookin like? you'd be opening up two slots for potential pick ups

I don't own Judge, so I don't know what his timeline is. But given your replacements for your OF, I say go for it. 

Hold onto you're players and move whoever you're top few mt are for Trout. 

Who would your 3rd OF be if you make this trade until Judge comes back ? 

Assumed you'd grab someone from FAs. As far as Donaldson, I'm not as high on him as you are. If your willing to move so many OF's, I'd be tempted to offer a package of Donaldson and whichever OF you care to deal to try to get a 3B upgrade. It's hard to say Donaldson has necessarily been injury prone, but something makes me feel like he's not going to quite bounce back to his better years. You should be able to land a good 3B with Donald and one of those OFs. Your OF would remain very solid with whoever is left of Stanton, Judge, or Benny. You'd get a 3B you feel better about and possibly retain Benny as you'd wanted to keep your speed guys. 

If you get a chance

If all three stay healthy and perform to expectations it's probably a loss for you. But given the injury issues/concerns that seem to be chasing after Stanton and Pham at the moment, this trade would likely at least minimize your risk. If you think you can replace those two ROS with someone decent, I'd probably take the gamble. 

Help? 

Return the favor?

Overpay? As a current Trout owner I would laugh at this and quickly reject.

That offer will not be accepted.

Edited by StevieStats

24 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Overpay? As a current Trout owner I would laugh at this and quickly reject.

That offer will not be accepted.

when your starting yuli and schwarber getting that type of depth is better for his team

if Stanton Is back within the next week or so he is still a top 15 option ROS. 

think you are wayyyy off on ur assessment of this trade.

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

when your starting yuli and schwarber getting that type of depth is better for his team

if Stanton Is back within the next week or so he is still a top 15 option ROS. 

think you are wayyyy off on ur assessment of this trade.

You are overvaluing your own players.

Stanton hasnt played at all, Beni has terrible, and Pham barely cracks top 100... And to top it all off tgey are all OFs, which are in abundance in supply... No one of sound mind is trading Mike Trout, the hands down best player in the league for that.

Go back to the drawing board if you really want Trout.

If you are contemplating this trade, then dont, just offer it because it is heavily in your favor and would be a huge won for you if the other guy actually accepted. He'll reject and you can work with him on a good package for Trout, if he's interested.

7 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

You are overvaluing your own players.

Stanton hasnt played at all, Beni has terrible, and Pham barely cracks top 100... And to top it all off tgey are all OFs, which are in abundance in supply... No one of sound mind is trading Mike Trout, the hands down best player in the league for that.

Go back to the drawing board if you really want Trout.

If you are contemplating this trade, then dont, just offer it because it is heavily in your favor and would be a huge won for you if the other guy actually accepted. He'll reject and you can work with him on a good package for Trout, if he's interested.

ha no one cares about rankings

benny and pham are both valuable and both will go 20/20 or 25/25 both will hit for good/great avg. 5 cat players

that's a fringe 1st rder and two top 50 ish players ROS. the trade all hinges on how someone views Stanton.

im not sending it because I was going for Arenado and story first.

like I already said the dude is starting yuli and schwarber ha. yikes

2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ha no one cares about rankings

benny and pham are both valuable and both will go 20/20 or 25/25 both will hit for good/great avg. 5 cat players

that's a fringe 1st rder and two top 50 ish players ROS. the trade all hinges on how someone views Stanton.

im not sending it because I was going for Arenado and story first.

like I already said the dude is starting yuli and schwarber ha. yikes

The "ranking" im talking about is his actual production. Hes barely a top 100 player -- and believe it or not, the guy trading you trout is going to care about production lol

Beni has been awful, the peripherals are not good either, youre dreaming of last year and what could have been thisyear, not what he has been... Stanton you might feel can be top 15 ROS but that is not his market value, he hasn't even played yet.

You posted askingfor feedback and I'm giving it to you. Take the deal if he'll do it because its an easy win for you, a no doubter -- but he likely won't take it and it's certainly not an overpay.

16 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

The "ranking" im talking about is his actual production. Hes barely a top 100 player -- and believe it or not, the guy trading you trout is going to care about production lol

Beni has been awful, the peripherals are not good either, youre dreaming of last year and what could have been thisyear, not what he has been... Stanton you might feel can be top 15 ROS but that is not his market value, he hasn't even played yet.

You posted askingfor feedback and I'm giving it to you. Take the deal if he'll do it because its an easy win for you, a no doubter -- but he likely won't take it and it's certainly not an overpay.

actual production and value arent the same. benny and pham have track records. and there is nothing to suggest they wont be valuable.

stantons market value hasn't declined especially with him starting rehab games soon. no one is selling low on Stanton now. iv sold him and got top 15 production. (gave Stanton and riley got yelich 1-2 weeks ago)

all good people view players differently but you aren't giving pham and benny enough credit. if we drafted today I find it hard to believe pham or benny would make it outside the top 50-75 the way people value sb and 5 cat players

If you can pull that off, then absolutely do it. To be honest though, I wouldn't even consider accepting it if I was the one you were offering that to, so keep that in mind. Not for sure it gets accepted. It would be an "insta-decline" for me.