smarmy

Nick Madrigal - 2B CWS

I think Madrigal is the 9 place hitter maybe for the long term. Madrigal skillset is just so rare that nobody really knows how he will do. MLB pitchers might just chuck em down the middle and dare him to drive the ball since he has zero power. If he can bat 300ish in the 9 slot he will prolly jump to leadoff. I doubt he gets many walks since he can't hurt mistakes from any pitcher. As you can tell I am not his biggest believer.

• Like 1

could Madrigal win the 2B job with a good spring? who is the WS 2B, Garcia?

https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/02/13-spring-training-bold-predictions-2020-fantasy-baseball/?utm_source=FantasyPros&utm_campaign=6548644806-MLB%3A+Spring+Training+Bold+Predictions&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_de0f466d3f-6548644806-364941129

“While he may not make the Opening Day roster, Nick Madrigal makes a strong impression in spring training and we see him in the Kris Bryant timeline that grants the team an extra season of control. Madrigal’s ridiculous contact ability combined with his above-average (although not elite) speed helps him finish the season as a top-15 2B on the player rater. On a per-game basis, Madrigal ends up being more valuable than Whit Merrifield or Jeff McNeil despite likely hitting toward the bottom of the order and is drafted ahead of both in 2021. As Razzball co-founder Grey Albright has been shouting from the mountaintops all preseason, he only has to beat out Leury Garcia (who may have some sneaky value in deeper leagues still).”
– Brandon ‘B_Don’ Myers (Razzball)

Nick Madrigal will win the starting 2B job with the White Sox. This isn’t insanely bold, but with the way teams have manipulated service time or offered a long-term contract to a prospect to start the clock, it would be a little surprising. The White Sox are in go-mode, and he would be another young guy who steals bases, makes great contact, and has a strikeout rate that makes Willians Astudillo jealous. Madrigal would be an obvious upgrade over Leury Garcia, but he would also give fantasy players another speed option at a time where we so desperately need them.”
– Michael Waterloo (FantasyPros)

https://www.imaginarybrickwall.com/

Nick Madrigal CHW, 2B, 23.1 – Incredible 16/44 K/BB in 120 games spread across 3 levels of the minors (A+, AA, AAA), but his power upside is nonexistent.

2020 Projection: May-69/5/41/.278/.329/.390/19 

Prime Projection: 91/10/56/.292/.343/.409/27

• Like 1

I think he’ll end up being a better real life player than fantasy.  Has kind of a David Eckstein feel.  Professional stick who won’t K much, will probably hit over .300 a lot, but much in way of power, but the SBs will be key.  Very interesting player.  His bat to ball skills are very rare.  Will be curious how that ends up translating to fantasy.

45 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I think he’ll end up being a better real life player than fantasy.  Has kind of a David Eckstein feel.  Professional stick who won’t K much, will probably hit over .300 a lot, but much in way of power, but the SBs will be key.  Very interesting player.  His bat to ball skills are very rare.  Will be curious how that ends up translating to fantasy.

This is my thought as well. He could be a 12-15 SB guy. He could be a 30-35 SB guy. Huge difference in value depending where he settles in.