2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League

Posted (edited)

I'm interested in ... 

1st rounders: CMC, Barkley, Kamara, Adams, Hopkins, Thomas

2nd rounders: Cook, JuJu, Kelce

3rd: Hill, Kerryon, Golladay

4th: DJ Moore, Drake, Lockett

5th: Miller, M.Williams, OJ Howard

Others: Anthony Miller, Damien Harris, Jameis Winston, Ryquell Armstead, Jordan Reed 

* among others ... just did a quick glance of the clicky. 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

2 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Mitch Trubisky was tied for 28th amongst QBs in pass attempts last year

He was learning an entirely new offense

His 2 best WRs were banged up / coming off injury. 

His defense was dominant. 

And yet - Here’s his per game production: 230 yards passing, 2 total TD, with 30 yards rushing. That ~24/game is a top 10 fantasy QB ... and he did this in his 2nd year while learning an entirely new offense with a new supporting cast and the league’s top defense.

There is no logical reason whatsoever to expect regression ... with legit upside in year 2 of this system. The fact that he produced the way he did, in spite of all those factors, is why I love him this season. 

~3700 / ~500 rushing / 31 total TDs ... that’s his season long production based on last year. While the rushing yards/TDs mean more in 4 point, they shouldn’t be ignored/dismissed here. Here’s some perspective re: that rushing floor. Those stats I just posted are the equivalent of throwing for nearly 5,000 yards passing with 31 TDs. 

If I told you you could land a QB capable of putting up 5000/30 as the 19th QB drafted ... you’d jump on this in a heartbeat. And those numbers, based on all of the above factors, is what I consider close to his floor (“training wheels” and all ...)

I like Trubisky, but there are plenty of reasons he could regress.

The Bears defense made 27 interceptions last season!  Since the Texans came into the league in 2002, there have been 512 "team seasons" played.  Only 18 teams of those 512 have had more than 25 INTs in a season.  The Bears only had 8 ints in 2017.

That crazy number of interceptions led the Bears to have a turnover differential of +12 last season.  That's likely to regress a bit.  Their turnover differential in 2017 was 0.

All those turnovers led to shorter fields, which helped the offense score points.  The Bears were 5th best in LOS where drives started.

To sum things up, Trubisky could actually get better but the team could get worse which could lead to less scoring and more interceptions.

I'm not saying all of this will happen, I'm simply saying there are logical reasons why his stats could regress even if he's a better real life football player next season.

4 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Good roster, but dont jinx it buddy, we have training camp and preseason to go through still!

I said as of now ... haha

gonna have to find a spot for Darwin Thompson eventually ... 

3 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I like Trubisky, but there are plenty of reasons he could regress.

The Bears defense made 27 interceptions last season!  Since the Texans came into the league in 2002, there have been 512 "team seasons" played.  Only 18 teams of those 512 have had more than 25 INTs in a season.  The Bears only had 8 ints in 2017.

That crazy number of interceptions led the Bears to have a turnover differential of +12 last season.  That's likely to regress a bit.  Their turnover differential in 2017 was 0.

All those turnovers led to shorter fields, which helped the offense score points.  The Bears were 5th best in LOS where drives started.

To sum things up, Trubisky could actually get better but the team could get worse which could lead to less scoring and more interceptions.

I'm not saying all of this will happen, I'm simply saying there are logical reasons why his stats could regress even if he's a better real life football player next season.

how could trubisky get better while the team gets worse ...

and the only logical takeaway from the defense regressing is more yards, more passing, more rushing 

I like his chances ... I'm not expecting Mahomes-esque breakout, I'm expecting a dirt cheap top 10 QB no one seems to be paying attention to 

8 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

how could trubisky get better while the team gets worse ...

and the only logical takeaway from the defense regressing is more yards, more passing, more rushing 

Not: 

"The team getting worse"

or

"The defense regressing"

Simply, the defense getting less interceptions.   Since last years number of interceptions was inordinately high, you'd expect it to come down some. 

There are plenty of other things that could bring his numbers down too, which he'd have no control over.

A player can get better (or stay the same) but his statistics or fantasy points can get worse.  It's a team game and individual statistics aren't a 100% accurate reflection of how good (or bad) a football player is.

3 minutes ago, PackersFan1979 said:

Hey chaps, Ill be away for a couple of days. JUst grab me the highest ranked kicker when my turn rolls aorund

You have two turns coming around, there is a 16th round which isn't on the clicky draft.

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

You have two turns coming around, there is a 16th round which isn't on the clicky draft.

I was just going to ask. In the Draft Board view we are in round 15 and I have only one more pick; in the team view I have 3 positions open (K/D/Bench). The truth is somewhere in the middle, right?

Also, are we allowed to leave K/D open and add at the last moment?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I was just going to ask. In the Draft Board view we are in round 15 and I have only one more pick; in the team view I have 3 positions open (K/D/Bench). The truth is somewhere in the middle, right?

Yes u can leave k/d open, there are only 16 rounds

edit:  maybe clicky draft has a capacity of 17 rounds so thats why u see that, its only 16 for this league

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

9 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Yes, there is one round more than clickydraft is showing (you can see the number of roster spots in yahoo).

You can leave any position open.  There are no positional draft requirements.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

in yahoo

Regarding that, do you need my Yahoo Fantasy account?

Edited by Boudewijn

3 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Just ur paypal password

Ooh, are you going to resolve my debt? Thanks man!

25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Starting a rookie TE?

fzrtozl.jpg.cf.jpg

Tight end is dog**** after the 4/5th round; gimme the freak athlete 1st round pick who the OC/QB plan on featuring in the passing game. 

600 yards gets you in top 10 “TE1” territory ... no doubt in my mind he can produce at that level at least. 

2 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Wheres @Iron-cock

Lets strike while the iron is hot, the next round of drafters could make the turn around go fast

Dude, take it easy. He was here 10 min ago.

Relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax.

Posted (edited)

Qadree Ollison, RB, ATL.

As long as he doesn't face 3 cones as a defense he should be great.

@Boudewijn

Is OTC.

Edited by Iron-cock