Sign in to follow this  
DarinB300

JD or Soto ros?? whir

Been talking to the team who has JD & Soto about a possible trade for 1 of them. With this being the 2nd time in a month or so that the back spasm issue has occurred for JD, should I consider trying to trade for Soto instead? 12 team, H2H daily points league. Play 5 OF & our league is only 18 weeks long, before the playoffs start. 

Keeper or dynasty Soto. Redraft it depends on the cost for me. If they cost about the same give me JD otherwise whoever he’s selling cheaper (most likely Soto) 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Keeper or dynasty Soto. Redraft it depends on the cost for me. If they cost about the same give me JD otherwise whoever he’s selling cheaper (most likely Soto) 

redraft, no keepers. Team who has both is looking for some pitching & a bat in return. My SP: Nola, L Castillo, Montas, Paddack, M Perez, Strahm-IL, P Lambert, Plesac, Porcello, & Heaney. Soto may be the cheaper option, unless the team is also worried about JD & recurring back spasms. 

26 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

x2

own both and still have jdm over soto by a decent amount in redraft

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

redraft, no keepers. Team who has both is looking for some pitching & a bat in return. My SP: Nola, L Castillo, Montas, Paddack, M Perez, Strahm-IL, P Lambert, Plesac, Porcello, & Heaney. Soto may be the cheaper option, unless the team is also worried about JD & recurring back spasms. 

Ok so I’d probably center my offer around Castillo or Paddack. Both have pitched better than Nola but Castillos Sierra/era differential is top 10 in the league meaning he’s a high risk negative regression candidate. Someone posted a link in the Odorizzi outlook thread with the top 10 if you’re interested. Paddack has an innings limit but you play 18 weeks so that might mean you’re safe. If you know Paddack will be there for the whole year I’d prefer to deal Castillo. Try one of them plus a bat at his weakest position for JDM and if the price goes up to much or he doesn’t want to do it try something similar for Soto 

Edited by ty5592
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Ok so I’d probably center my offer around Castillo or Paddack. Both have pitched better than Nola but Castillos Sierra/era differential is top 10 in the league meaning he’s a high risk negative regression candidate. Someone posted a link in the Odorizzi outlook thread with the top 10 if you’re interested. Paddack has an innings limit but you play 18 weeks so that might mean you’re safe. If you know Paddack will be there for the whole year I’d prefer to deal Castillo. Try one of them plus a bat at his weakest position for JDM and if the price goes up to much or he doesn’t want to do it try something similar for Soto 

Will check that out. Thank you!

I think I make the decision on the price tag.

JD's going to have better numbers than Soto, WHEN HEALTHY. That's the problem - he almost always has an issue. Something is seemingly always nagging him. 

If you can get Soto for a much better value, I'd do that. But if he wants the same price for both, take JD.

• Thanks 1

I'd go Soto.  Money in a points league with Ks counting negative and BBs positive.  Likely cheaper, less injury risk, lineup should pick up around him (Turner, Robles struggling).

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

I'd go Soto.  Money in a points league with Ks counting negative and BBs positive.  Likely cheaper, less injury risk, lineup should pick up around him (Turner, Robles struggling).

Would you trade V Robles & a SP for Soto?

Just now, DarinB300 said:

Would you trade V Robles & a SP for Soto?

Being it's a redraft, I would. 

• Thanks 1

JDM and it’s not even remotely close. The only question is whether whether he’s healthy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ebsports said:

Being it's a redraft, I would. 

Team with those 2 has just mentioned:

I give V Robles, Montas, M Perez, & B Cooper

I get Soto & Thor

Who knows if he will go through with it, as he has said things before & then pass. Lol! Thoughts on the deal, if he does offer? 

Montas has been throwing really good, but Thor cant struggle all season can he?

Pitching pts: W/L/S, IP, ER, K, HITS, BB/HBP

No QS, so W, IP, & such are worth more.

11 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Team with those 2 has just mentioned:

I give V Robles, Montas, M Perez, & B Cooper

I get Soto & Thor

Who knows if he will go through with it, as he has said things before & then pass. Lol! Thoughts on the deal, if he does offer? 

Montas has been throwing really good, but Thor cant struggle all season can he?

Pitching pts: W/L/S, IP, ER, K, HITS, BB/HBP

No QS, so W, IP, & such are worth more.

I don't think Thor is a true fantasy ace and gets a little bit more love off name recognition. That said, he's not nearly as bad as he's been thus far and should still have a very good second-plus half of the season. He's still REALLY good.

Soto is money and will likely only get better. 

Robles is going to be a mighty fine player down the road, though this season it looks like he's going to have the prototypical up and down/streaky play of a young guy. And while he's performed statistically better in the 8th or 9th hole, his counting stats aren't going to be there. Granted, if somebody gets hurt or they decide to move him up in the order, I like him more. I also don't think he'll flash as much power going forward the ROS, either.

Cooper looks like he could be solid, but, counting stats on the Marlins is going to be iffy and I'm not going to let somebody like him make or break a trade.

Montas has been throwing well and will likely continue thanks to that cavernous ballpark, but, push comes to shove, I'm taking the track record of Thor when comparing the two.

Perez looks like his carriage is morphing back into a pumpkin.

Hopefully he goes through with it, cause I like it quite a bit for you. There's really no risk considering it's a redraft, IMO. Montas is the only guy I'd have any reservations about losing considering it's a redraft, but if my reward is Soto and Thor (and then a FA or two to claim their roster spots), all day, every day.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ebsports said:

I don't think Thor is a true fantasy ace and gets a little bit more love off name recognition. That said, he's not nearly as bad as he's been thus far and should still have a very good second-plus half of the season. He's still REALLY good.

Soto is money and will likely only get better. 

Robles is going to be a mighty fine player down the road, though this season it looks like he's going to have the prototypical up and down/streaky play of a young guy. And while he's performed statistically better in the 8th or 9th hole, his counting stats aren't going to be there. Granted, if somebody gets hurt or they decide to move him up in the order, I like him more. I also don't think he'll flash as much power going forward the ROS, either.

Cooper looks like he could be solid, but, counting stats on the Marlins is going to be iffy and I'm not going to let somebody like him make or break a trade.

Montas has been throwing well and will likely continue thanks to that cavernous ballpark, but, push comes to shove, I'm taking the track record of Thor when comparing the two.

Perez looks like his carriage is morphing back into a pumpkin.

Hopefully he goes through with it, cause I like it quite a bit for you. There's really no risk considering it's a redraft, IMO. Montas is the only guy I'd have any reservations about losing considering it's a redraft, but if my reward is Soto and Thor (and then a FA or two to claim their roster spots), all day, every day.

Thanks for the info. I have Strahm on the IL & he will be off soon, plus W Calhoun, who will hopefully return soon. For the mean time, can pick up a guy like Pablo Lopez or others & play match ups. I got lucky in getting Montas, as someone just dropped him after a so so start back in early May. 

1 more question & will leave ya alone. Lol! He is also considering giving me JD & Thor for L Castillo, M Perez, Cooper, & Robles? I dont mind giving up the extra bat in Cooper.

53 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Thanks for the info. I have Strahm on the IL & he will be off soon, plus W Calhoun, who will hopefully return soon. For the mean time, can pick up a guy like Pablo Lopez or others & play match ups. I got lucky in getting Montas, as someone just dropped him after a so so start back in early May. 

1 more question & will leave ya alone. Lol! He is also considering giving me JD & Thor for L Castillo, M Perez, Cooper, & Robles? I dont mind giving up the extra bat in Cooper.

Hmmm, he won't take Montas in place of Castillo, right? Either way, I still do it. JD's injury issues are always a concern and there always seems to be something up with him, injury wise, but he still produces when he plays. 

Thor and Castillo are a toss up to me, either way (may even lean Thor just from a touch just for pure safety standpoint as you know what you're getting which makes me a bit more comfortable) so then it comes down to JD for Perez, Cooper and Robles which is a steal. 

Both deals are good for you, so it really comes down to if you'd prefer the JD one or the Soto one. Can't really go wrong, but, if he'll do JD, I'd take that one first. If not, no shame in the Soto deal either. I think you're coming out on top, rather significantly, either way.

• Thanks 1

I'd rather get Castillo back over Thor. I'd dont mind the JD trade giving up those 4 mentioned, but i'd do the Soto trade instead. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonathanGunz12 said:

I'd rather get Castillo back over Thor. I'd dont mind the JD trade giving up those 4 mentioned, but i'd do the Soto trade instead. 

Actually, the 2 possible trades are:

#1: I Give Montas, V Robles, Montas, & Perez & get Soto & Thor

#2: I Give L Castillo, M Perez, Robles, & B Cooper & get JD & Thor.

I'm kind of leaning Soto deal as well, but waiting for other team to make the league offer.

Get JDM/Soto both onto ya team, move Nola/Castillo 

• Thanks 1