CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

Starting this thread on this guy who was a 2018 Yahoo league winner with the dual RB/TE eligibility!

Sadly, he of course will not have TE designation this year as Yahoo has already announced.  LOL that they joked he would have QB dual eligibility.

I still do think he's a valuable flier in the later rounds.  Lots of talk about how they might have both Conner and Samuels out on the field together.  I'm thinking he can carve out maybe a standalone flex value and be moved all around the field, and perhaps also being the primary third down guy.  And then there's the rook Benny Snell, who seems to be able to do a lot of the things Conner does and potentially be a 3 down back.  Is it possible that Snell becomes the handcuff to Conner and would be looked at as the guy should something happen to Conner?  It will be interesting to hear more reports from training camp as the summer progresses.

4 hours ago, CooL said:

Starting this thread on this guy who was a 2018 Yahoo league winner with the dual RB/TE eligibility!

Sadly, he of course will not have TE designation this year as Yahoo has already announced.  LOL that they joked he would have QB dual eligibility.

I still do think he's a valuable flier in the later rounds.  Lots of talk about how they might have both Conner and Samuels out on the field together.  I'm thinking he can carve out maybe a standalone flex value and be moved all around the field, and perhaps also being the primary third down guy.  And then there's the rook Benny Snell, who seems to be able to do a lot of the things Conner does and potentially be a 3 down back.  Is it possible that Snell becomes the handcuff to Conner and would be looked at as the guy should something happen to Conner?  It will be interesting to hear more reports from training camp as the summer progresses.

He's not priced like a flyer though. 

Im considering jumping on the train, I smell a 1 - 2 punch in Pittsburgh

• Like 1

I like Samuels this season, and very few in your league will realize how good he is:

1.  The one that rode him through the playoffs

2.  Those who got burned by him in the playoffs

the rest of your league will be sleeping

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I like Samuels this season, and very few in your league will realize how good he is:

1.  The one that rode him through the playoffs

2.  Those who got burned by him in the playoffs

the rest of your league will be sleeping

I guarantee you everyone in my league knew that I rode him as a TE :)

I overdrafted by a round or two to get him in my Dynasty start up last year. My favourite player... I absolutely love him.

He's probably the only near untouchable player on my roster. Only a completely obscene offer would make me even consider parting with him.

Excited to see what he can do this year.

2 hours ago, steevio_uk said:

Excited to see what he can do this year.

spacer.png

Round 16.

Any additional thoughts? This thread is too quiet for an electric playmaker in an offense that needs people to step up to fill AB's void. 

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Don’t think he got any plays with the first team in preseason week 2, that’s concerning.

Conner got all the snaps. That's correct- but needless to say the possibility of slot snaps for Samuels plus partial touches in the backfield still gives him standalone ppr value in the 9th/10th

7 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Any additional thoughts? This thread is too quiet for an electric playmaker in an offense that needs people to step up to fill AB's void. 

I think that's what Schister and Washington are for. 

I don't think he has much value beyond deep leagues.

No concern that Pit drafted Snell this year?  I liked Samuels last year.  I like him a bit this year.  I think he might get play on receiving downs.  But I worry that Snell would be Connor's early down replacement.

11 minutes ago, brakeyawself said:

No concern that Pit drafted Snell this year?  I liked Samuels last year.  I like him a bit this year.  I think he might get play on receiving downs.  But I worry that Snell would be Connor's early down replacement.

Not worried at all about Snell. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, brakeyawself said:

No sir. I can see Samuels eating into Conners work this year. Samuels showed what he can do last year and this pre-season he’s looked solid. 

• Thanks 2

"Oh, man, Jaylen?" Conner said when asked about his running back mate. "He's super talented. (Two-back sets are) something we've had in for a little while, but I think we're going to use it a little more this year, and I'm excited about it because we're both really talented. So it kind of puts the defense in a mix of who they really want to pay attention to because he's shown what he can do."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001031860/article/jaylen-samuels-steelers-rb-duo-could-be-really-scary

Last night in a draft where i took conner in the 1st I made sure to get samuels in the 9th just for peace of mind to have pitt running game locked up. Imo he has zero stand alone value and he is just a stash incase conner goes down nothing more (which conner could not stay healthy all of last year for the record so samuels prob bench fodder come sept and oct but if conner goes down again he shall be a top 12 rb.

On 6/7/2019 at 12:17 PM, CooL said:

this guy who was a 2018 Yahoo league winner with the dual RB/TE eligibility!

Not to go off topic here but I hate that Yahoo didn't change it. Not in yahoo leagues but that would've driven me insane. Pretty lame 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, isuckatdfs said:

Last night in a draft where i took conner in the 1st I made sure to get samuels in the 9th just for peace of mind to have pitt running game locked up. Imo he has zero stand alone value and he is just a stash incase conner goes down nothing more (which conner could not stay healthy all of last year for the record so samuels prob bench fodder come sept and oct but if conner goes down again he shall be a top 12 rb.

Easily Top 12, if not a bit higher. 

Must own in PPR. I can understand fading a bit in half or standard, but he will have value in PPR. Especially with news today that McDonald wont be a full time player. Samuels is too good to ride the pine all game.

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Must own in PPR. I can understand fading a bit in half or standard, but he will have value in PPR. Especially with news today that McDonald wont be a full time player. Samuels is too good to ride the pine all game.

Wait what? Source?

Conner is the man and PIT is, and will remain a 1 back system. I believe I started Samuels thread last year, kid is just an awesome football player and they need to find ways to get the ball in his hands. He can line up and play all over the formation and he has skilled hands. Now we are hearing that Vance will not be an every down guy...there are tons of targets open in this very elite offense...I am thinking Samuels picks up a bunch of that slack.

• Like 1