CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

As we've seen with Pitt over the years, every RB that is the starter is extremely productive. He has both a very high floor and ceiling which is nice because you can expect plenty of receptions. If Conner's out he's a RB1. 

glad to see someone that has been watching football over the last few years in this forum. It’s simple, you get the Pitt RB and fire him up every week at a potential high upside RB1 , high RB 2 minimum. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hamburglar628 said:

planning ahead is for winners. Bad take but you won’t admit that I’m absolutely right. Hold on to your Conner without a handcuff, makes absolutely no sense.

yea use a 50/50 coin analogy to prove a point about someone who has been injured already in his short NFL career. You Are right, I didn’t have Samuels in all my leagues last year and cash in because of him absolutely balling out. He didn’t win any leagues last year. You are right. 100%.

Once again a small sample size to fit your narrative. DJ, Fournette, Cook have all had significant injuries in a short NFL career. No one is saying to hold Conner without a handcuff. All I'm saying is you can't bank on him not finishing the season based on 1 full season's worth of performance. And right, now that's all your basing your bias on.

3 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Is Connor going to be In or Out?

hokie-pokie time!

🕺💃

itsaprotip - none of us can give you that answer atm. 

16 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Likelihood is 33.33% repeating of course

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

Chao swears Conner is playing 

To be fair, Chao hasn't really said anything about Conner since late Monday night, early Tuesday, right after the AC joint info became public.

So he really isn't going off anything right now. I wouldn't say he "swears" he's playing. He stated that if it is actually just a typical AC joint sprain, he "could" play this week. A lot of unknowns still that won't come to light until Friday practice most likely.

4 hours ago, austin316 said:

My crystal ball broke earlier this week. Otherwise i'd be able to tell you.

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

My crystal ball broke earlier this week. Otherwise i'd be able to tell you.

But your magic 8 ball is fine.....

Where is Samuels talent-wise? I know he never really had a set position in college and was more of a jack of all trades type player. He's looked pretty good receiving since last year and has ok vision behind the admittedly elite Steelers line.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Where is Samuels talent-wise? I know he never really had a set position in college and was more of a jack of all trades type player. He's looked pretty good receiving since last year and has ok vision behind the admittedly elite Steelers line.

Good catching abilities, good route running, but jag when it comes to being a runner. He plays behind an elite o-line with good run schemes

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

QB1 for Steelers

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Good catching abilities, good route running, but jag when it comes to being a runner. He plays behind an elite o-line with good run schemes

he’s faster then James Conner, has a better burst and agility score than James Conner, and he’s a better pass catcher then James Conner.

James Conner plays behind an elite o-line with good run schemes. Jaylen Samuels is a talented, versatile NFL player.

It just seems like last year when Conner went down, the Steelers threw the ball more and Sanuel’s production was maybe only 70% of Conner’s. Obviously, this year with Rudolph, the offense is more conservative so what will happen with Samuels is anyone’s guess. The plus side is that he did have a 140+ yard rushing game when Conner was out last year.

5 minutes ago, chargahs said:

he’s faster then James Conner, has a better burst and agility score than James Conner, and he’s a better pass catcher then James Conner.

James Conner plays behind an elite o-line with good run schemes. Jaylen Samuels is a talented, versatile NFL player.

Right  .....Conner got the job cause he sucks,  right? Lmao

• Haha 1

He's more appealing in PPR than standard or half imo. Rudolph loves to throw to his backs and Samuels is a pretty good receiver. I would think 4-5 catches is a good bet.

18 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Best TE in the game (yahoo 2018)

Edited by beerfish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1