CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Productive game in PPR but the complete lack of success running was disappointing. He's not gonna catch 13 balls each week. Granted he was about an inch (or a challenge) from a TD, which would've really made it a big day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edmunds is apparently dealing with an injury to his ribs that needs to be evaluated - nothing concrete yet.  

that would put the kid Brooks as next man up, behind #alldayJay, IF we see Conner sit again. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fantasy gods want Jaylen to be an RB1. I certainly am not going to argue with them

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fugly "performance". If anything he gave people a reason to appreciate Conner. Conner would have been a top 10 RB w/21 touches of the pigskin. Formerly TE-eligible Samuels turns 21 touches into 63 yards. From scrimmage. 21/63. 

Edited by SuperJoint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuperJoint said:

Fugly "performance". If anything he gave people a reason to appreciate Conner. Conner would have been a top 10 RB w/21 touches of the pigskin. Formerly TE-eligible Samuels truns 21 touches into 63 yards. From scrimmage. 21/63. 

 

safe to say Conner would've easily eclipsed last week's numbers vs the 'phins ... factor what Samuels did, coupled with the kid Edmunds, and you're looking at a potential 200+ total yard outing for a bellcow. 

Samuels is a ppr beast, and i'm glad to have him, but ... yeah, Conners is on a whole different level as an all around back. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Samuels is a ppr beast, and i'm glad to have him, but ... yeah, Conners is on a whole different level as an all around back. 

 

But he's Brittle

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
If you guys want to have a side conversation about old-time Stiller football, take it to PM or the team outlook thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Samuels has shown not any back can run behind Pittsburgh's line...good thing he can catch though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was actually a best case scenario for Conner/Samuels owners. We don’t want Samuels doing too well and forcing a timeshare when Conner is healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eg4190 said:

This was actually a best case scenario for Conner/Samuels owners. We don’t want Samuels doing too well and forcing a timeshare when Conner is healthy.

Fair point. This was a huge concern of mine. Especially since Samuels performed well last year with Conner out. 13 receptions is flukey and skews things a bit. This was a bad performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Fair point. This was a huge concern of mine. Especially since Samuels performed well last year with Conner out. 13 receptions is flukey and skews things a bit. This was a bad performance. 

I'll take my 19.3 PPR points from this "bad performance" any day.

He had a TD too, which would've been given to him if the Steelers challenged. 

I see one more big week vs. the Rams (more dumb offs), and then we'll see where Connor is at health-wise in Week 11.

At a minimum, I see Samuels firmly entrenched in a pass catching/3rd down role out of the backfield ROS.

Edited by UVA_Drew
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

 

Another week of Samuels. In a matchup against the LAR, I'd expect they'll play from behind so a ton more dump offs in PPR.

 

i wouldn't be so sure of that ..

Goff does not travel well, Stillers are playing some aggressive/ballhawking defense - gonna be a lot closer than most think ... can't see the Rams separating enough to put Pittsburgh in all out "chase" mode 🤷‍♂️

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

i wouldn't be so sure of that ..

Goff does not travel well, Stillers are playing some aggressive/ballhawking defense - gonna be a lot closer than most think ... can't see the Rams separating enough to put Pittsburgh in all out "chase" mode 🤷‍♂️

Yea, the steelers arent bad. That narrative needs to go

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone trying to capitalize on Jaylen right now? Or is the general consensus to ride this train since no one knows when Conner will return?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

Anyone trying to capitalize on Jaylen right now? Or is the general consensus to ride this train since no one knows when Conner will return?

Capitalize how, by 'selling high'? What would anyone give up considering Conner isn't out for the year and could be back any day. This is one of those situations you'll probably squeeze out the most value by just riding him for as long as possible

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

Anyone trying to capitalize on Jaylen right now?

 

HELL TO THE HELLZ NO!

why? 

SIX REASONS: Brownies, dër Büngles, Brownies, Cards, Bison, J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS!!! 

that's the sched after the Rams game ... no effin' way i'm missing out if this kid either A) holds the gig if Conner is seriously hurt, or B) is called on again if JC gets nicked once (or twice) more. 

🎂

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudolph ineptitude only adds to Samuels pass catching value.

To all the complainers, we got Samuels for free. I'll take it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Rudolph ineptitude only adds to Samuels pass catching value.

 

fact ^

he makes Alex Smiff look like Daryle Lamonica in comparision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neauxls said:

Anyone trying to capitalize on Jaylen right now? Or is the general consensus to ride this train since no one knows when Conner will return?

Unlikely you can get much for Jaylen unless you are targeting a Connor owner. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grayson2401 said:

Unlikely you can get much for Jaylen unless you are targeting a Connor owner. 

 

I imagine most Connor owners do own Jaylen, however. 

 

I think it might be worth packaging a combo of Jaylen/Samuels and another player for a top tier RB1/WR1 and seeing what kind of responses you get. That is what I am doing this morning. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...