CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

Productive game in PPR but the complete lack of success running was disappointing. He's not gonna catch 13 balls each week. Granted he was about an inch (or a challenge) from a TD, which would've really made it a big day. 

• Like 1

Edmunds is apparently dealing with an injury to his ribs that needs to be evaluated - nothing concrete yet.  

that would put the kid Brooks as next man up, behind #alldayJay, IF we see Conner sit again. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

The fantasy gods want Jaylen to be an RB1. I certainly am not going to argue with them

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fugly "performance". If anything he gave people a reason to appreciate Conner. Conner would have been a top 10 RB w/21 touches of the pigskin. Formerly TE-eligible Samuels turns 21 touches into 63 yards. From scrimmage. 21/63. 

Edited by SuperJoint

Just now, SuperJoint said:

Fugly "performance". If anything he gave people a reason to appreciate Conner. Conner would have been a top 10 RB w/21 touches of the pigskin. Formerly TE-eligible Samuels truns 21 touches into 63 yards. From scrimmage. 21/63. 

safe to say Conner would've easily eclipsed last week's numbers vs the 'phins ... factor what Samuels did, coupled with the kid Edmunds, and you're looking at a potential 200+ total yard outing for a bellcow. 

Samuels is a ppr beast, and i'm glad to have him, but ... yeah, Conners is on a whole different level as an all around back. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Samuels is a ppr beast, and i'm glad to have him, but ... yeah, Conners is on a whole different level as an all around back. 

But he's Brittle

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
If you guys want to have a side conversation about old-time Stiller football, take it to PM or the team outlook thread.

Samuels has shown not any back can run behind Pittsburgh's line...good thing he can catch though

This was actually a best case scenario for Conner/Samuels owners. We don’t want Samuels doing too well and forcing a timeshare when Conner is healthy.

3 hours ago, eg4190 said:

This was actually a best case scenario for Conner/Samuels owners. We don’t want Samuels doing too well and forcing a timeshare when Conner is healthy.

Fair point. This was a huge concern of mine. Especially since Samuels performed well last year with Conner out. 13 receptions is flukey and skews things a bit. This was a bad performance. 

7 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Fair point. This was a huge concern of mine. Especially since Samuels performed well last year with Conner out. 13 receptions is flukey and skews things a bit. This was a bad performance. 

I'll take my 19.3 PPR points from this "bad performance" any day.

He had a TD too, which would've been given to him if the Steelers challenged. 

I see one more big week vs. the Rams (more dumb offs), and then we'll see where Connor is at health-wise in Week 11.

At a minimum, I see Samuels firmly entrenched in a pass catching/3rd down role out of the backfield ROS.

Edited by UVA_Drew
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Another week of Samuels. In a matchup against the LAR, I'd expect they'll play from behind so a ton more dump offs in PPR.

i wouldn't be so sure of that ..

Goff does not travel well, Stillers are playing some aggressive/ballhawking defense - gonna be a lot closer than most think ... can't see the Rams separating enough to put Pittsburgh in all out "chase" mode 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i wouldn't be so sure of that ..

Goff does not travel well, Stillers are playing some aggressive/ballhawking defense - gonna be a lot closer than most think ... can't see the Rams separating enough to put Pittsburgh in all out "chase" mode 🤷‍♂️

Yea, the steelers arent bad. That narrative needs to go

• Like 2

Anyone trying to capitalize on Jaylen right now? Or is the general consensus to ride this train since no one knows when Conner will return?

4 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

Anyone trying to capitalize on Jaylen right now? Or is the general consensus to ride this train since no one knows when Conner will return?

Capitalize how, by 'selling high'? What would anyone give up considering Conner isn't out for the year and could be back any day. This is one of those situations you'll probably squeeze out the most value by just riding him for as long as possible

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

Anyone trying to capitalize on Jaylen right now?

HELL TO THE HELLZ NO!

why? 

SIX REASONS: Brownies, dër Büngles, Brownies, Cards, Bison, J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS!!! 

that's the sched after the Rams game ... no effin' way i'm missing out if this kid either A) holds the gig if Conner is seriously hurt, or B) is called on again if JC gets nicked once (or twice) more. 

🎂

• Like 1

Rudolph ineptitude only adds to Samuels pass catching value.

To all the complainers, we got Samuels for free. I'll take it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Rudolph ineptitude only adds to Samuels pass catching value.

fact ^

he makes Alex Smiff look like Daryle Lamonica in comparision.

1 hour ago, Neauxls said:

Unlikely you can get much for Jaylen unless you are targeting a Connor owner. 

1 hour ago, Grayson2401 said:

Unlikely you can get much for Jaylen unless you are targeting a Connor owner. 

I imagine most Connor owners do own Jaylen, however. 

I think it might be worth packaging a combo of Jaylen/Samuels and another player for a top tier RB1/WR1 and seeing what kind of responses you get. That is what I am doing this morning.