CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

I imagine most Connor owners do own Jaylen, however. 

I think it might be worth packaging a combo of Jaylen/Samuels and another player for a top tier RB1/WR1 and seeing what kind of responses you get. That is what I am doing this morning. 

accentuate that remaining sched ... puts a whole different paint job on things 🚀

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

2 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

I'll take my 19.3 PPR points from this "bad performance" any day.

He had a TD too, which would've been given to him if the Steelers challenged. 

I see one more big week vs. the Rams (more dumb offs), and then we'll see where Connor is at health-wise in Week 11.

At a minimum, I see Samuels firmly entrenched in a pass catching/3rd down role out of the backfield ROS.

I should have clarified. Bad real life performance. 13 catches a week isn't sustainable. So that means he'll have to improve elsewhere. And I fully expect him to, but if you play in standard or half PPR this was a disappointing game. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

I imagine most Connor owners do own Jaylen, however. 

I think it might be worth packaging a combo of Jaylen/Samuels and another player for a top tier RB1/WR1 and seeing what kind of responses you get. That is what I am doing this morning. 

No harm in trying but the only RB1/WR1 you'd be able to get is Lev Bell and MAYBE Keenan Allen. And I assume most don't consider Bell a WR1, and Allen certainly hasn't been a 1 lately. 

9 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I should have clarified. Bad real life performance. 13 catches a week isn't sustainable. So that means he'll have to improve elsewhere. And I fully expect him to, but if you play in standard or half PPR this was a disappointing game. 

Yeah I don't think his rushing line will be that paltry most games and his yards per touch has room to improve. He got me 12 points in my .5 PPR league but I was disappointed, I thought he was set up for a much bigger game. 

• Like 1

He BARELY missed a TD...I thought the replay showed he crossed the plane, but the officials didn't see it that way. If he gets that, you're looking at 18pts in .5 ppr...not amazing, but solid for sure.

12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

🤔

Eh...that's not how I interpreted his comments at all.

He said Connor will again start the week limited (as he did last week), and he is "optimistic", but will "make no bold predictions" about his Week 10 availability. This is exactly how last week started. I see now change until Connor actually gets in a real practice.

I watched the game and thought he looked awful running the ball but was solid catching the ball out of the backfield. But either the line wasn’t getting push, he wasn’t hitting the holes right or Indys run defense was great because he couldn’t get anything on the ground. I was kind of thinking he would be more of a low end RB1 in standard without Conner, but he is likely more of a RB2. It will be hard to keep him on the bench if Conner is out again.

Edited by LionKid90

Just now, LionKid90 said:

I watched the game and thought he looked awful running the ball but was solid catching the ball out of the backfield. But either the line wasn’t getting push, he wasn’t hitting the holes right or Indys run defense was great because he couldn’t get anything on the ground. I was kind of thinking he would be more of a low end RB1 in standard without Conner, but he is likely more of a RB2.

Trey Edmunds had 77 yards on 12 carries so it clearly wasn't the line.

2 minutes ago, Renegade412 said:

If I remember correctly, 40+ came off one run. So take it for what it's worth.

2 minutes ago, Renegade412 said:

11/27 outside of his 50 yard jaunt ... not saying "TAKE THAT RUN AWAY AND HE WAS CRAP!!!1!1111!" ... just illustrating that it was tough sledding for both on 90% of the attempts 🕺

I watched a bit of this game and you could clearly see the shift to Edmunds for interior runs as the game went on. Samuels had a good game, but he might not get the majority of the touches like we all hoped for without Conner. I believe he'll continue to get the passing work, but the Steelers will work Edmunds in a bit more next game for the interior rushing.

3 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

I watched a bit of this game and you could clearly see the shift to Edmunds for interior runs as the game went on. Samuels had a good game, but he might not get the majority of the touches like we all hoped for without Conner. I believe he'll continue to get the passing work, but the Steelers will work Edmunds in a bit more next game for the interior rushing.

Yeah Edmunds looked more explosive running the ball.

Samuels will still be valuable just because of how much Rudolph loves dumping it off to his RBs, but his ceiling is a little lower than we thought

Just now, WayneFontes said:

Connor to play. The ride is over Samuels owners.

cool. 

im'ma wait on the Conner news, though ...

13 minutes ago, atrium said:

Yeah Edmunds looked more explosive running the ball.

Samuels will still be valuable just because of how much Rudolph loves dumping it off to his RBs, but his ceiling is a little lower than we thought

Didn't Edmunds get banged up? I could swear I saw that somewhere this morning.

13 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Conner to play. The ride is over Samuels owners.

It's Tuesday bro. Sunday is a lifetime away.

Tomlin is just saying what coaches say. Conner's comments were more telling when he said he didn't wanna put a timeframe on it, but also gave a range up to 4 weeks. If I have an injury that I really feel I might be able to play through in six days 4 weeks would never come out of my mouth. 

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Tomlin is just saying what coaches say. Conner's comments were more telling when he said he didn't wanna put a timeframe on it, but also gave a range up to 4 weeks. If I have an injury that I really feel I might be able to play through in six days 4 weeks would never come out of my mouth. 

Tomlin talking about Conner sounds like Kliff Kingsbury discussing David Johnson a couple of weeks ago.  Who knows when he'll be back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UVA_Drew said:

Eh...that's not how I interpreted his comments at all.

He said Connor will again start the week limited (as he did last week), and he is "optimistic", but will "make no bold predictions" about his Week 10 availability. This is exactly how last week started. I see now change until Connor actually gets in a real practice.

Yeah, if you followed it last year it was the exact same thing when Conner missed all the fantasy playoffs.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Conner supposed to be "Limited" all week. Then followed that with three straight DNP? Let's wait to see how the chips fall this week.. 

i don't think anyone here is suggesting Conner is good to go ... i just dropped that link about Teflon Tomlin's statement of optimism in to keep all hep to the Moooosh Mouf jive.  

• Haha 1