CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

Nobody knows much yet. But I tell ya if/when Conner is DNP all week I'm going to circle his owner like a shark this weekend

4 hours ago, atrium said:

Yeah Edmunds looked more explosive running the ball.

Samuels will still be valuable just because of how much Rudolph loves dumping it off to his RBs, but his ceiling is a little lower than we thought

Meh, I don't think he looked more explosive, but he did look like he was running "tougher" in and through traffic.

On 11/5/2019 at 2:29 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i don't think anyone here is suggesting Conner is good to go ... i just dropped that link about Teflon Tomlin's statement of optimism in to keep all hep to the Moooosh Mouf jive.  

Well this guy is...

On 11/5/2019 at 1:12 PM, WayneFontes said:

Conner to play. The ride is over Samuels owners.

Now being reported that Conner isn't expected to play.

And Edmunds was DNP yesterday. Curious if he practiced today.

If not, Samuels may indeed get ALL the touches. 

Just now, kyoun1e said:

of note, Stillers signed rb Darrin Hall to ps today - Edmunds status still up in the air

Benny Snell out too.  So it's looking great for Samuels.

Hoping for a better rushing performance though.  The 13 catches are awesome in PPR.  And decent in 0.5 PPR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Yeah Samuels might actually hit 50 yards rushing this week with his 20 carries. His receiving line will be ungodly though

• Like 1

This is shaping up to be even better than last week if Edmunds and Snell can’t play. I wouldn’t expect a ton of rushing yards but his floor should be safe with all the dump offs. Obviously he is a near must play in ppr, but what about standard? I’m thinking solid RB2? Last week was kind of disappointing but hoping he can get around 100 yards from scrimmage with a chance of scoring.

8 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

This is shaping up to be even better than last week if Edmunds and Snell can’t play. I wouldn’t expect a ton of rushing yards but his floor should be safe with all the dump offs. Obviously he is a near must play in ppr, but what about standard? I’m thinking solid RB2? Last week was kind of disappointing but hoping he can get around 100 yards from scrimmage with a chance of scoring.

Same exact reason it's shaping up to also be another good week for McDonald

Ramsey on JuJu

need to get rid of the ball quick cause of AD

Another check down week for Samuels and McDonald 

8 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Yep. RB2 in standard and RB1 in PPR. He won't have 13 receptions this week but I'd expect a much better rushing performance along with a TD. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Yep. RB2 in standard and RB1 in PPR. He won't have 13 receptions this week but I'd expect a much better rushing performance along with a TD. 

He's a high end RB2 in PPR and a low end RB2 in Standard. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

Odds are he would of course have less catches but more rushing yards this game. Hopefully all with a td this game. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

8 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

He might have more

My concern is teams quickly realize dumpoffs are the only passes Rudolph has demonstrated he can complete and they make sure they put a spy on Samuels. 

1 hour ago, Cdub2k said:

We're really splitting hairs. There aren't 12 RBs I'd take over him this week in PPR. But yeah, I mean he's somewhere in that RB10-15 range. 

• Haha 1

Well the going rate is roughly 3 yards per touch. 

therefore if he gets 40 touches he'll be useful.

a hobbled JuJu, plus Edmunds pretty much a lock to play, makes this a very dicey prop. 

Rams D has been mercurial, and i do think the Stillers D can keep it close enuff on the uddah side ... but give Phillips 2 weeks to prepare for this popgun attack, and, yeah - no bueno. 

will fret starring this cat, and will put him in and out the lineup 1000x between now and 4:20 p.m. tomrw  🇯🇲  🚬

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

a hobbled JuJu, plus Edmunds pretty much a lock to play, makes this a very dicey prop. 

Rams D has been mercurial, and i do think the Stillers D can keep it close enuff on the uddah side ... but give Phillips 2 weeks to prepare for this popgun attack, and, yeah - no bueno. 

will fret starring this cat, and will put him in and out the lineup 1000x between now and 4:20 p.m. tomrw  🇯🇲  🚬

Solid analysis, not the usual “starter is out, backup will feast” talk. If I had another option I’d be flip flopping too. I’ll take 10 points and be happy. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jadakid said:

Solid analysis, not the usual “starter is out, backup will feast” talk. If I had another option I’d be flip flopping too. I’ll take 10 points and be happy. Good luck. 

👍

option B is a certain NFC North rb who has a great matchup, but an egghead buffoon calling plays. 

im'ma just leave it at that 🤓

- gl to you and all who plunk #alldayJay into the lineup. 

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Yeah I'm not that optimistic this week. There's no way we are getting 13 receptions this week.

Most projections have Samuels north of 15 PPR points. I'm ratcheting down expectations to more like 10. Could see 20-30 yards rushing, 4 receptions for 30 yards, no TD.

LAR off a bye with their bolstered D could romp.

• Thanks 1

you guys “tempering expectations” are funny.

had Tomlin challenged the play where Samuels scored last week everyone in here would be foaming at the mouth calling him a RB1. instead you all look at the line and focus on how he won’t see 13 targets. 

watch the games people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1