CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Yeah I'm not that optimistic this week. There's no way we are getting 13 receptions this week.

Most projections have Samuels north of 15 PPR points. I'm ratcheting down expectations to more like 10. Could see 20-30 yards rushing, 4 receptions for 30 yards, no TD.

LAR off a bye with their bolstered D could romp.

Still better than having to start Shady. 

8 minutes ago, n00chness said:

Still better than having to start Shady. 

Believe me, I'm not complaining that I have to start Samuels. With bye weeks, he's saving me. Just think it's foolish to project anything close to what took place last week.

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Believe me, I'm not complaining that I have to start Samuels. With bye weeks, he's saving me. Just think it's foolish to project anything close to what took place last week.

not sure if this says much but Jaylen Samuels score more than the following RBs against IND

Lesean McCoy and Damien Williams Combined

Josh Jacobs 

Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson Combined 

Philip Lindsay and Royce Freeman.

i know it’s not saying much but IND is pretty good against the run and the recs help his floor 

Gamescript could easily turn this contest into the Steelers playing catch up with plenty of delicious garbage time ppr points. Starting Samuel with confidence....oh and also the bye week is killing me. 

8 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

How are we feeling about him in standard?

Not fantastic, but still starting him as a Flex. Hoping for ~80 yds from scrimmage total and a TD.

I think him and edmunds going to be sharing the backfield with edmunds having better success running the back.

Just now, WayneFontes said:

Well, well, well, it seems someone has crashed back down to earth this afternoon.

Needs Conner to actually have someone who can run and get teams paying attention. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WayneFontes said:

Well, well, well, it seems someone has crashed back down to earth this afternoon.

he never really took off to begin with. Sure he scored well in ppr, but he had a pretty weak game in football terms last week.

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

he never really took off to begin with. Sure he scored well in ppr, but he had a pretty weak game in football terms last week.

He’s a TE turned RB. I mean...yeah...

Yeah he’s looked awful running the ball pretty much from the start. Not explosive, not powerful, just a wanna be Le’Veon. Dances in the backfield too much.

he benefited from Rudolph’s penchant for dump offs but there’s not much else to see here

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 7:47 AM, kyoun1e said:

Yeah I'm not that optimistic this week. There's no way we are getting 13 receptions this week.

Most projections have Samuels north of 15 PPR points. I'm ratcheting down expectations to more like 10. Could see 20-30 yards rushing, 4 receptions for 30 yards, no TD.

LAR off a bye with their bolstered D could romp.

You were almost spot on! 

Wow, what was I thinking starting this guy? Tuesday can't come soon enough. Aaron Jones has a nice 29 point stat line and this bum is right below him with single digit 9 points in PPR? ew, gross.

Edited by n4sa

He's a backup RB for a reason.

Still... you guys are complaining too much. Imagine drafting a top 3 Saquon and Zeke and see their stats today. That is a big investment.

You got Samuels for free and/or he's your handcuff.

If you got him for free, like i did in 3 leagues, stay positive. Look back at his body of work dating back to last year. He has been up and down and including good games. Having Mason Rudolph as his QB doesn't help against a good defense. Plus as someone mention, Rams had an extra week to rest up and study Pitt.

If he's your handcuff, there are only a few premier handcuffs in the NFL and Jaylen without Big Ben is not one of them. Still, he will have good games if he keeps getting an opportunity.

Your expectations are too high.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, austin316 said:

He's a backup RB for a reason.

Still... you guys are complaining too much. Imagine drafting a top 3 Saquon and Zeke and see their stats today. That is a big investment.

You got Samuels for free and/or he's your handcuff.

If you got him for free, like i did in 3 leagues, stay positive. Look back at his body of work dating back to last year. He has been up and down and including good games. Having Mason Rudolph as his QB doesn't help against a good defense. Plus as someone mention, Rams had an extra week to rest up and study Pitt.

If he's your handcuff, there are only a few premier handcuffs in the NFL and Jaylen without Big Ben is not one of them. Still, he will have good games if he keeps getting an opportunity.

Your expectations are too high.

My expectations are very low at the minute. I expect him to be off my fantasy team and on the waiver wire by Tuesday.

• Like 1

I’m not entirely sure what to do with him. Drop a guy who’s had 21 and 17 touches the past 2 weeks? Volume is king in fantasy but his yards per touch though 🤮

I might roll him out one last time Thursday if Conner sits again but my other options are probably crappier than you guys 

8 hours ago, potatoetree said:

You were almost spot on! 

Unfortunately.

Not sure he's startable now. Tomlin is sprinkling in Edmunds and that other guy. Three headed RBBC if Conner is out. 

Have to give the STL D some credit. That's a tough D-line. CLE will probably not be as formidable so maybe there's hope for flex production if Conner is out.