CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

Jaylen had 13 catches 2 weeks ago and a touchdown Thurs night. He is behind a talented but injury prone violent runner. What more do you want? If u hate him so much pickup peyton barber instead or other waiver wire fodder.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Coming out of The ‘Burg that Conner will miss 2-3 games.

Does Samuels still hold RB2 value in PPR with Edmunds getting carries?

Depends on whether he gets GL work or not. I think he was getting the GL work when Conner was out but I could be imagining things.

4 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Depends on whether he gets GL work or not. I think he was getting the GL work when Conner was out but I could be imagining things.

Have you seen their offense? Now subtract Pouncey and whiever else is hurt. How much "GL Work" is there going to be?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

Have you seen their offense? Now subtract Pouncey and whiever else is hurt. How much "GL Work" is there going to be?

Against the bengals? Plenty

• Like 1

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Coming out of The ‘Burg that Conner will miss 2-3 games.

Does Samuels still hold RB2 value in PPR with Edmunds getting carries?

Yup. Low-end, but he does. There aren't 24 RB starts better than him in full PPR this week. 

on top of a concussion apparently Juju has something wrong with his knee so it's looking like he, Johnson, and Pouncey will all be out this week. Mason Rudolph, however, is still healthy. It's such a juicy matchup but that's a bad offense missing a lot of its top weapons. 

2 hours ago, Mr Rourke said:

His floor seems to be pretty safe in half or full ppr with the receptions and even in a bad offense, he’s one of their only remaining weapons. O-line being banged up actually helps his case a bit since he’s not that effective running but instead catching the quick dump passes when there is increased pressure.

Assuming Conner misses a few weeks, I'm curious how everyone values Samuels in relation to the other hot waiver wire RB adds this week. Like J. Williams (IND), Scarborough (DET), Hines (IND), etc. Better or worse option this week? 

15 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Assuming Conner misses a few weeks, I'm curious how everyone values Samuels in relation to the other hot waiver wire RB adds this week. Like J. Williams (IND), Scarborough (DET), Hines (IND), etc. Better or worse option this week? 

Samuels is the only one I’m burning a claim on because A) I think he’s definitely going to see enough work to be relevant, and B ) He has a nice schedule moving forward with Conner expected to miss 2-3 games. What weeks moving forward are you excited to start Bo Scar outside of this week and that’s if he receives enough work again. It’s not like he dominated snap percentage and he has Chicago, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and Denver remaining. That’s awful and not worth a claim being in a committee. I don’t think I have to point out why the IND committee isn’t worth it. 

Edited by CamNewton

5 hours ago, CamNewton said:

Samuels is the only one I’m burning a claim on because A) I think he’s definitely going to see enough work to be relevant, and B ) He has a nice schedule moving forward with Conner expected to miss 2-3 games. What weeks moving forward are you excited to start Bo Scar outside of this week and that’s if he receives enough work again. It’s not like he dominated snap percentage and he has Chicago, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and Denver remaining. That’s awful and not worth a claim being in a committee. I don’t think I have to point out why the IND committee isn’t worth it. 

I think I'm on the same page. Plus, I'm convinced that short of Barry Sanders returning the Lions will never have a set it and forget it fantasy running back. Even when Kerryon was healthy he was wildly unpredictable. If Conner misses time it would really help me because after the injury to Mack Samuels is my third RB...behind a week second RB in Coleman. 

20 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I avoided all of the hot waiver adds this week because I have Samuels. Even though the Steelers rotate through their RBs when Conner is out, Samuels has consistently gotten all the sweet PPR checkdowns and most of the goal line work. And that was with the WRs all healthy. Snap count is important, but so is usage, and in terms of usage Samuels is the only fantasy play on his team. Not necessarily true for Williams, Scarborough and Hines.

It's always funny watching him rush 10 times for 15 yards, and catch 10 passes for 75 yards, but who cares how he points up the points? At least we know for sure his role, unlike the DET and IND backs.

There's also some longer-term upside with Samuels in that Conner may be shut down if the Steelers fall out of the playoffs.

• Like 1

He's not getting a lot of carries or dump offs, if Snell is back and Conner is still out I think he's the safer play

On 11/18/2019 at 11:53 PM, yossarian said:

on top of a concussion apparently Juju has something wrong with his knee so it's looking like he, Johnson, and Pouncey will all be out this week. Mason Rudolph, however, is still healthy. It's such a juicy matchup but that's a bad offense missing a lot of its top weapons. 

Normally I'd be wary here because it could mean that the entire Steelers offense flops, but I think the Bengals are bad enough (on both sides of the ball) that this could be big game for Samuels. He should be one of the top options in the passing game, and we don't have to worry about the Bengals controlling the clock.

14 hours ago, fredth3cat said:

Normally I'd be wary here because it could mean that the entire Steelers offense flops, but I think the Bengals are bad enough (on both sides of the ball) that this could be big game for Samuels. He should be one of the top options in the passing game, and we don't have to worry about the Bengals controlling the clock.

agreed. i'm actually starting him this week due to byes. I just don't feel good about it. 

• Like 1

If you don’t play Samuels this week unless you’re stacked then you might as well just drop and let someone else deal with him. This is the best matchup he’ll have. I have all pretty mediocre RB2 options and I’m rolling 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, owenmills said:

If you don’t play Samuels this week unless you’re stacked then you might as well just drop and let someone else deal with him. This is the best matchup he’ll have. I have all pretty mediocre RB2 options and I’m rolling 

For context, I'm starting Samuels over Coleman, Ty.Williams, and R.Jones so yeah. 

• Haha 1

Two weeks ago he put up 6 full PPR points against the Rams at home. That was with Pouncey and the wide receivers. I know it's the Bengals, but let's not act like this is a no-questions-asked slam dunk. I would never sit Coleman for him

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

Two weeks ago he put up 6 full PPR points against the Rams at home. That was with Pouncey and the wide receivers. I know it's the Bengals, but let's not act like this is a no-questions-asked slam dunk. I would never sit Coleman for him

Coleman has done NOTHING since his big week 8. And yes, Breida's out, but does that even matter? They'll just split his touches with Mostart. Samuel has a lower floor, but higher ceiling IMO. 

Week 9 - 4.60 pts

Week 10 - 9.20 pts

Week 11 - 7.70 pts

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Coleman has done NOTHING since his big week 8. And yes, Breida's out, but does that even matter? They'll just split his touches with Mostart. Samuel has a lower floor, but higher ceiling IMO. 

Week 9 - 4.60 pts

Week 10 - 9.20 pts

Week 11 - 7.70 pts

IF you are basing starts on opportunity and chance to score, youd have to give the edge to coleman. SF has been in a bit of a slump. IMO id rather start coleman over samuels but like you said samuels ceiling may be higher but i dont think its by much, just like colemans floor isnt much higher than samuels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually think Edmunds will get the bulk of the ground game. No doubt Samuels catches 5+ balls. I just can’t see Cincy doing anything vs Pitt D. 

I'd rather start Coleman vs the Packers he's the safer option but Samuels is a solid start as well. 

If there was a week Cinci wins a game, it's this week with Pittsburgh still running out Mason Rudolph and having a depleted corps and backfield. 

I'm not saying Cinci is going to score points, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers turn the ball over. Unless that hit to Rudolph's head somehow made him a good quarterback. 

• Like 1