CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

should have told us it was rbbc ughh would have benched his a**

This wasn’t even a RBBC..Snell with 21 out of 30 carries.  

My biggest regret with starting him isn't that he did jack squat in my lineup today(although that is a regret), it's that I can't rage drop this sack of potatoes right now

• Like 2

12 hours ago, owenmills said:

My biggest regret with starting him isn't that he did jack squat in my lineup today(although that is a regret), it's that I can't rage drop this sack of potatoes right now

agreed. if there was a platform that allowed drops during a game i'd move to it so fast. you retain the stats of course, but the player immediately goes to waivers :lol:

Edited by FritzLn
  • Like 1

Yeah this week was pretty brutal but he was never on the field.  You don't expect him to get a ton of rushing attempts but they refused to even put him in on most 3rd downs.  I suspect he must be in poor favor with the coaching staff or something.  There really is no reason with JuJu out that Samuel's didn't catch at least 6-7 passes.  With how bad they have been at QB you would think they would try to get some easy passes to their best pass catching RB.  

Dunno why people are buying anything on this O. 

Total avoid at the moment. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Everyone move to the Benny Snell thread 👉🏻

ew no thanks

I was wrong about this guy. Sorry boys. Looks like his 142 rush yards vs NE last year was an anomaly. 

Obviously, having Big Ben and solid offense would help.

Yikes! We knew the Steelers offense  would be worse without Big Ben, and that Mason Rudolph would have “rookie” games since he’d seen so little NFL action before being forced into starts, but it was hard to imagine Rudolph regressing to the extent he did over time.

That first game against the Bengals seemed to play to Rudolph’s strengths — throw the ball to the line of scrimmage and let the running backs take a few steps. At some point between Week 4 and Week 12, he lost the ability to do even that.

This offense is radioactive. I’m not sure if we can even trust Conner when healthy. We certainly can’t trust Samuels, Snell, Edmonds or any practice squad call ups. 

8 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

Yikes! We knew the Steelers offense  would be worse without Big Ben, and that Mason Rudolph would have “rookie” games since he’d seen so little NFL action before being forced into starts, but it was hard to imagine Rudolph regressing to the extent he did over time.

That first game against the Bengals seemed to play to Rudolph’s strengths — throw the ball to the line of scrimmage and let the running backs take a few steps. At some point between Week 4 and Week 12, he lost the ability to do even that.

This offense is radioactive. I’m not sure if we can even trust Conner when healthy. We certainly can’t trust Samuels, Snell, Edmonds or any practice squad call ups. 

Rudolph is just toxic right now and has the makings of a career scrub backup. Duck at least has shown signs that he can keep a defense honest. Right now the most reliable of the bunch is Snell cause he is the ground and pound guy. I can see Connor and Snell splitting carries when he gets back but Connor will have all the passing downs to himself. Samuels was only in for two minute drill and a few sprinkled plays. It's clear they want to give other guys looks and want to feature Snell until Connor is back.

Edited by bigbluecrew56

1 minute ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Rudolph is just toxic right now and has the makings of a career scrub backup. Duck at least has shown signs that he can keep a defense honest. Right now the most reliable of the bunch is Snell cause he is the ground and pound guy. I can see Connor and Snell splitting carries when he gets back but Connor will have all the passing downs to himself. 

The one silver lining of Samuels face planting like this is that we know the coaching staff hates him and he’s no threat to a healthy Conner’s workload.