CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Vivens26 said:

I hope Connor sits out. If he does I’m benching McCoy and starting him. He’s gonna be a RB1

If Conner plays, I may have to start both him and Samuels.  I don't want to have to do that, though, so I really hope he sits.  He can use a week of rest to recover from his injuries.

• Like 3

So what to do with this guy?  Outtouched by Conner.  No more wildcat.  And now a third string QB.  Drop city for this dude?

1 minute ago, CooL said:

So what to do with this guy?  Outtouched by Conner.  No more wildcat.  And now a third string QB.  Drop city for this dude?

lol yeah dude just may have to be the QB.

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

Strictly a handcuff at this point

5 minutes ago, potatoetree said:

There were jokes that he would be dual QB/RB eligible in fantasy leagues. This may not be a joke anymore lol. 

That doesn't work as well as his TE/RB designation from a year ago since QBs tend to score more than RBs anyways. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, potatoetree said:

There were jokes that he would be dual QB/RB eligible in fantasy leagues. This may not be a joke anymore lol. 

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

That doesn't work as well as his TE/RB designation from a year ago since QBs tend to score more than RBs anyways. 

Yeah, agree.  It doesn't matter if he gets QB eligibility. Even if he did, you would slot him into your RB slot, not the QB one.  Kind of like Joe Webb years ago.  What would be fantasy relevant is if he actually gets to play QB full-time.  Has there been any suggestion of that?  Do they go back to the wildcat?

Drop city with Connor healthy

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Yeah, agree.  It doesn't matter if he gets QB eligibility. Even if he did, you would slot him into your RB slot, not the QB one.  Kind of like Joe Webb years ago.  What would be fantasy relevant is if he actually gets to play QB full-time.  Has there been any suggestion of that?  Do they go back to the wildcat?

This was more a commentary on how ridiculous the QB injuries have been this season lol. And that fantasy sites had mentioned this as a joke. It's pretty clear that having that designation is pretty useless. 

The new joke is that Samuels will have triple RB/WR/Kicker eligibility. 

Any chance he starts at qb?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Any chance he starts at qb?

Not for a while

Conner owners - still holding or are you dropping him for ROS? 

also, would keeper league designation affect your decision at all (i.e., I drafted him for $5 this year, if he became starter either this season or during off season he'd be a must-keep).

Personally, probably still holding him given the upside & to back up my Conner share.

3 minutes ago, shaman0610 said:

Conner owners - still holding or are you dropping him for ROS? 

also, would keeper league designation affect your decision at all (i.e., I drafted him for $5 this year, if he became starter either this season or during off season he'd be a must-keep).

Personally, probably still holding him given the upside & to back up my Conner share.

Depends on your bench size and if you have the spot.  I need help in my lineup so he's drop city tonight.  Cant be holding onto a guy that was basically a lottery ticket and now won't play for a month.  His value was declining anyway, given that the Steelers are on their 3rd QB.  Teams are gonna put 9 men in the box.

Edited by Brownsfan74