CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

something tells me that Samuels is going to win some championships this season. Conner banged up, Snell is a snail. Jaylen has the skill set to be a legit bell cow running back in this league given the opportunity.

• Haha 1

Snell has 2 weeks to show something (this bye week will be the 2nd of 4 originally diagnosed weeks Samuel needs to to rehab). 

If he does, it will diminish Samuel's role significantly once he comes back in supposedly 2 weeks. 

People writing Snell off need to watch closely starting week 8. He's never had extended reps and if Conner stays healthy he still won't, which would ensure Samuel remains the cuff. Problem is Conner seems to sustain an injury ever single game so far.

I have only an incomplete impression of Snell's ability at this point. Not ready to make my mind up one way or the other.

4 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Snell has 2 weeks to show something (this bye week will be the 2nd of 4 originally diagnosed weeks Samuel needs to to rehab). 

If he does, it will diminish Samuel's role significantly once he comes back in supposedly 2 weeks. 

People writing Snell off need to watch closely starting week 8. He's never had extended reps and if Conner stays healthy he still won't, which would ensure Samuel remains the cuff. Problem is Conner seems to sustain an injury ever single game so far.

I have only an incomplete impression of Snell's ability at this point. Not ready to make my mind up one way or the other.

You need to watch more tape. Snell sucks. He is basically Jordan howard

4 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

You need to watch more tape. Snell sucks. He is basically Jordan howard

Is comparing him to Howard an insult? Howard is a solid back. If he truly is as good as Howard he'll be fine in PIT.

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Is comparing him to Howard an insult? Howard is a solid back. If he truly is as good as Howard he'll be fine in PIT.

Howard is about as meh as it gets. Like a Legarrette Blount type. If you give him frequent goalline opportunities and giant holes and a great supporting passing game then he's your man.

Just now, sSektor said:

Howard is about as meh as it gets. Like a Legarrette Blount type. If you give him frequent goalline opportunities and giant holes and a great supporting passing game then he's your man.

I guess we'll see but I'm not nearly as confident as you guys are.

I just want to see - that's not so bad now is it.

Just now, SuperJoint said:

I guess we'll see but I'm not nearly as confident as you guys are.

I just want to see - that's not so bad now is it.

I don't think Samuels is much better. I just like to shut down Jordan Howard hype wherever I see it because of what he did last season.

• Haha 1

Just now, sSektor said:

I don't think Samuels is much better. I just like to shut down Jordan Howard hype wherever I see it because of what he did last season.

Ah - alright I get it haha.

59 minutes ago, sSektor said:

What Nagy did. Howard is averaging 4.5 YPC. Montgomery is at 3.3.

Does Jaylen have legit potential behind him when he comes back? Considering dropping Henderson and stashing Jaylen

@3FLiI believe he's one of the most valuable handcuffs you can have on your roster. If you're talking about starting him, the only way I do that is if I need a bye week filler or if I have no depth at RB position. I would throw him in thinking he'll get me 4-6 pts (.5 pt ppr in my league), but with the hope of him being in the right play at the right time and snagging a TD. Conner is injury prone. I would keep him on my roster even if I don't own Conner. 

Edited by SHO_NO_1

Ahead of schedule

(RotoWire) Samuels (knee) was a full participant in Thursday's practice, Teresa Varley of the Steelers' official site reports.

Analysis: When Samuels underwent a scope on his right knee earlier this month, it seemed like a foregone conclusion that he would be sidelined until November. The running back has changed that narrative coming off a Week 7 bye, however, as coach Mike Tomlin indicated that Samuels' ability to take all the reps during Thursday's session now likely sets him up to play Monday against the Dolphins "at least in a partial capacity," per Varley. James Conner (quadriceps) is also healthy again and is expected to fill his usual duties as the lead back in Week 8, so the Steelers can afford to take it easy on Samuels in his first game back if they so choose.

How we doing? Full participant and against the 'fins....James Conner is a bit banged up- could be a 50-50 split at best? I'm thinking of putting him in the flex and hoping for the best. 

10 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

How we doing? Full participant and against the 'fins....James Conner is a bit banged up- could be a 50-50 split at best? I'm thinking of putting him in the flex and hoping for the best. 

Ummm, is that your best option?

4 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Ummm, is that your best option?

Having bye week and waiver issues...just looking for a floor against a bad opponent. Regardless, do think he's worth picking up if people were on Snell..

I think that if Conner misses any games, it would be a split with both Samuels and Benny Snell getting carries.  Not sure that Samuels is really one of the top handcuffs anymore after Snell did well when Samuels was injured.

1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

I think that if Conner misses any games, it would be a split with both Samuels and Benny Snell getting carries.  Not sure that Samuels is really one of the top handcuffs anymore after Snell did well when Samuels was injured.

That's my take.  I don't understand anything other than that when Snell proved he can be effective between the tackles.  Why would he sit on the bench after what he just did?

On 10/19/2019 at 5:59 PM, SuperJoint said:

Back on the Samuels train - amazing quick recovery and Snell did not do enough to take the #2 job imo.

Samuels still has to hold some value right? I think he can still be a flex some games even with Conner in