CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

29 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

Samuels still has to hold some value right? I think he can still be a flex some games even with Conner in

He's right back where he was before the injury. His talent as a receiver puts him a cut above Snell if he's healthy, which he apparently is after a week of full practices.

Worth a speculative add? If available, he is a Free Agent today for free. What are the odds Connor stays healthy all 16 games?

• Like 1

Just now, austin316 said:

Worth a speculative add? If available, he is a Free Agent today for free. What are the odds Connor stays healthy all 16 games?

It was a 60/40 split week 4 Then Samuels got hurt week 5.

we can speculate that it’ll be around that snap count to preserve Connor.  That dudes running style is pretty violent 

3 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I speculatively added him because my RBs went from great to a trashcan this past week.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Nguvocity said:

It was a 60/40 split week 4 Then Samuels got hurt week 5.

we can speculate that it’ll be around that snap count to preserve Connor.  That dudes running style is pretty violent 

Yeah Connor ends up gimpy after every game it seems. Also, he doesn't have a large body of work going back to beginning of 2018. Has missed time so it seems a reasonable bet he will miss a game or two this year.

8 minutes ago, austin316 said:

source.gif

• Like 1

His only great game this year was Rudolph's first, I believe, where they went all wildcat.  But then it seemed like the team moved away from that the next game.

Wondering what the identity of the offense will be after the bye.  If the Wildcat and both Connor and Samuels on the field at the same time was effective, why didn't they want to do more of it?

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

I speculatively added him because my RBs went from great to a trashcan this past week.

Yup owners of edmonds, ty johnson, chris thompson, latavius murrary just got a reality check. Ill add him no doubt. Conner runs hard and he has shown to be valuable in the past as the lead back.

Edited by nmartinez12443

14 minutes ago, CooL said:

His only great game this year was Rudolph's first, I believe, where they went all wildcat.  But then it seemed like the team moved away from that the next game.

Wondering what the identity of the offense will be after the bye.  If the Wildcat and both Connor and Samuels on the field at the same time was effective, why didn't they want to do more of it?

He threw a pick the very next game and who knows just how early he ended up getting injured. That could explain the lack of touches and going away from the wildcat look then.

Inactive tonight. Weird considering he practiced all week. Must see Miami as an easy win, so going to give him another week to recover.

2 hours ago, austin316 said:

If you got IR spot then stash him and pick up snell see how it plays out.

Hope you all held onto him even after he was announced inactive. 
I probably would’ve dropped him, but there was nobody else to pick up. 
May have lucked into a league winner.

10 minutes ago, Vivens26 said:

Any body putting a waiver claim for him since snell and Connor is hurt? 

You mean you didn’t stash him before the game?

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

You mean you didn’t stash him before the game?

No somebody picked him up but dropped him right after he was announced inactive. Plus all my players played already so all I can do was make a claim. 

Edited by Vivens26

7 hours ago, sSektor said:

I speculatively am optimistic that this might have paid off for a week or 2

8 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

Samuels is hurt himself

This is true but he might be the healthiest of the group after last night 

1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I can't believe this thread isn't bumping. Samuels has legit RB1 upside and people are busy arguing about Guice. 

Yeah if Conner is out this week which is a virtual certainty IMO Samuels is a RB1. And there's no guarantee Conner doesn't end up missing a few weeks, or gets hurt again. Samuels has significant value right now. 

1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I can't believe this thread isn't bumping. Samuels has legit RB1 upside and people are busy arguing about Guice. 

🤷🏻‍♂️ Connor seems like he’ll be fine for the game this week, Indy D is good against the run. Trey Edmonds is healthy (don’t @ me), so... good handcuff but not a big excitement right now. 

4 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

🤷🏻‍♂️ Connor seems like he’ll be fine for the game this week,

o'rly?

dude's calling himself a GTD ....

Image result for room on fire meme

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

🤷🏻‍♂️ Connor seems like he’ll be fine for the game this week, Indy D is good against the run. Trey Edmonds is healthy (don’t @ me), so... good handcuff but not a big excitement right now. 

He didn't look fine. If it's an AC joint injury those are painful and need time to heal. See Jordan Reed videos where he had the same injury and every time he got tackled in the AC area it looked like somebody shot him.

At minimum, Conner will be limited. A split of touches for Samuels I'd think would still be flex worthy.