CooL

Jaylen Samuels 2019 Outlook

Conner WILL miss time. Steelers RB's ALWAYS produce when given enough usage. Pick him up, use him for this week and just monitor Conner for the rest of the season. Steelers could lose their next 3 games, making it more likely for Conner to rest down the stretch...that's if he doesn't get seriously hurt beforehand.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GoalineD said:

How is he still available in leagues?!?!?!

Because he was hurt. Duh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phisouza33 said:

We sure this guy is actually ahead of Snell?

About as sure as we were of Ty Johnson being the starter in Detroit 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Samuels will be a decent flex, but people need to pump the breaks thinking he will be an RB2 or RB1. He had one good game last year when Conner was hurt, and that was when the Pats focused on AB and Big Ben and let Samuels run wild. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Samuels will be a decent flex, but people need to pump the breaks thinking he will be an RB2 or RB1. He had one good game last year when Conner was hurt, and that was when the Pats focused on AB and Big Ben and let Samuels run wild. 

Samuels will have 15+ fantasy points in ppr if he starts and finishes the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, hamburglar628 said:

Samuels will have 15+ fantasy points in ppr if he starts and finishes the game. 

Maybe with Big Ben behind center. Rudolph hasn't exactly shown he big on the check down pass to his RB aside from the Bengals game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Maybe with Big Ben behind center. Rudolph hasn't exactly shown he big on the check down pass to his RB aside from the Bengals game.

Conner has averaged more than 15 fantasy points a game with Rudolph. You must be new to fantasy and the Steelers offense. It’s okay. He will be a top 15 RB period with Conner out. You think he’s a Flex and not even an RB2. That explains enough.

7 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Agreed, and that was LITERALLY the gameplan. It felt like that was all they were doing. Samuels is an auto-pickup and start but I don't think he's an auto-stud. I assume some blew a ton of FAAB on him?

Edited by kball09

12 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

Conner has averaged more than 15 fantasy points a game with Rudolph. You must be new to fantasy and the Steelers offense. It’s okay. He will be a top 15 RB period with Conner out. You think he’s a Flex and not even an RB2. That explains enough.

Lol, far from new to this game. But I do know Samuels is not a traditional RB nor has he had tons of success on the ground aside from one game where NE ignored him. Samuels is not a clone of Conner nor De'Angelo Williams, who came to the Steelers as a former 1000 yard rusher in his own right. He also will be playing with a rookie QB and not a future Hall of Famer under center. 

He could very well finish top 15 but he is far from an auto-stud some people think he is. 

17 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Agreed, and that was LITERALLY the gameplan. It felt like that was all they were doing. Samuels is an auto-pickup and start but I don't think he's an auto-stud. I assume some blew a ton of FAAB on him?

Exactly. Notice they did not continue to do that game after game. They took advantage of the fact that Cinci has a terrible team and could not stop it. Indiana is not Cinci. 

1 minute ago, atdharris said:

Lol, far from new to this game. But I do know Samuels is not a traditional RB nor has he had tons of success on the ground aside from one game where NE ignored him. Samuels is not a clone of Conner nor De'Angelo Williams, who came to the Steelers as a former 1000 yard rusher in his own right. He also will be playing with a rookie QB and not a future Hall of Famer under center. 

He could very well finish top 15 but he is far from an auto-stud some people think he is. 

watch Edmunds be the workhorse this Sunday, as Samuels is used sparingly to protect the knee. 

hey, ya never know 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, atdharris said:

he’s a top RB 15 play this week with RB1 potential. 5 weeks left in fantasy regular season and with how bad Conner’s injury history is, it justifies stashing him long term and possibly starting him this week. 

This guy is a high end RB2 in PPR at minimum. Indy is good against RB’s on the ground but give up points through the air to RB’s. What does Samuels do best?

People saying this guy is a decent flex if Conner is out? LMAO

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheAuthorityHere said:

This guy is a high end RB2 in PPR at minimum. Indy is good against RB’s on the ground but give up points through the air to RB’s. What does Samuels do best?

People saying this guy is a decent flex if Conner is out? LMAO

I agree. High end RB2. I just HATE the match up against Indy. 

16 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Connor isnt ruled out making sameuls useless as of now

Far from useless, but obviously much more valuable if Conner is hurt. 

4 minutes ago, hamburglar628 said:

Far from useless, but obviously much more valuable if Conner is hurt. 

This is shaping up to be like the DJ/Edmonds situation from a few weeks ago. If Connor is active no one will start Samuels unless they have no other choice

3 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

This is shaping up to be like the DJ/Edmonds situation from a few weeks ago. If Connor is active no one will start Samuels unless they have no other choice

Not for me - I'm rolling with Samuels unless Conner gets in a full practice. If he's a "true game time decision" I've already made mine.