bomont

Drew Brees 2019 Outlook

Just now, Eddie Mush said:

Don't mean to make this an assistant coach question, but he worth a pickup? He more valuable than Winston and Josh Allen ROS?

I'd rather have brees. He has a nice schedule and if u believe Thomas and Kamara produce you should also believe in brees

10 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Classic coach speak. Why would they risk him not being 100% now when they can ensure he'll be after the bye?

Payton said if he is 100% he will play. Bye wouldn’t factor into the decision. 

3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

The first half of last season and second half show a huge difference in Brees. Most likely due to injury and old age- it’s hard to keep going at 40. I don’t expect elite qb1, but barely above replacement level streamers.

Not really. It was just a three-game stretch (games 12-14), all three on the road. 

Brees to start🏈

• Like 1

I have Murray and Brees. This is pretty exciting...I mean, there's no chance they start Brees and sit him early right? I mean, that wouldn't make sense, if he's starting he should be playing the entire game unless it's a blow out.

You guys feel good starting Brees this week? Seems like the injury was going to take months to full heal anyway, so there will always be a risk of re-injury...

6 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

You guys feel good starting Brees this week?

It's always about context in terms of what other QB options you have. There's obviously elevated risk with Brees, but if you need him, you roll with him.

24 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I have Murray and Brees. This is pretty exciting...I mean, there's no chance they start Brees and sit him early right? I mean, that wouldn't make sense, if he's starting he should be playing the entire game unless it's a blow out.

You guys feel good starting Brees this week? Seems like the injury was going to take months to full heal anyway, so there will always be a risk of re-injury...

Injury should be 100%, they wouldnt play him if not, especially as good as TB has been and it is a home game versus Az

16 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Injury should be 100%, they wouldnt play him if not, especially as good as TB has been and it is a home game versus Az

Brees said last week it wouldn’t be 100% for 3 months and it was more about him feeling comfortable and good throwing the ball with the injury.

5 hours ago, tpat30 said:

Brees said last week it wouldn’t be 100% for 3 months and it was more about him feeling comfortable and good throwing the ball with the injury.

He just needs to be able to grip the ball without too many issues.  Its not that serious unless he hits it on something again at the wrong angle.

Anybody playing Brees? Good matchup with no weather concerns. Could be a sneaky good play this week(not sure Brees is a sneaky play, but considering he could have been waived in a lot of leagues, I guess that fits). 

Just now, Mattice1 said:

Anybody playing Brees? Good matchup with no weather concerns. Could be a sneaky good play this week(not sure Brees is a sneaky play, but considering he could have been waived in a lot of leagues, I guess that fits). 

I'm rolling him out with confidence over Kyler. Can't get a better matchup than this.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

I'm rolling him out with confidence over Kyler. Can't get a better matchup than this.

Same, playing him over Murray at home in the dome!!

42 minutes ago, Mattice1 said:

I picked him up a few weeks ago but I'm still playing Goff over Brees today.

It’s hard to explain. Every once in awhile Brees has this deer in a highlights look about him. Today was one of those days. 

Other things that stunk...45 pass attempts and only one attempt was thrown 20 yards in the air. 

I remember him consistently throwing 30+ yard passes. His accuracy on deep throws were incredible. All of that is gone. 

Not to pile on. But we never get YAC on balls thrown further than 15 yards down the field. That’s because the ball takes too long to get there now. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tenner said:

It’s hard to explain. Every once in awhile Brees has this deer in a highlights look about him. Today was one of those days. 

Other things that stunk...45 pass attempts and only one attempt was thrown 20 yards in the air. 

I remember him consistently throwing 30+ yard passes. His accuracy on deep throws were incredible. All of that is gone. 

Not to pile on. But we never get YAC on balls thrown further than 15 yards down the field. That’s because the ball takes too long to get there now. 

The OL got demolished he didnt have much time back there. Falcons were more motivated than the Saints they had nothing to lose.

Brees first game back from injury vs ARI in week 8: 43/34/373/3

Brees in what projected to be a dream matchup in week 10 at home vs ATL with an extra week to prepare after a bye: 45/32/287/0

This is the nonsense that is fantasy football. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[...] Seems like every year there is a hyped up game with Atlanta that is a complete let down. Not just fantasy wise, cuz my wallet has taken a beating on the o/u over the years as well. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

That was my first time starting Brees in my lineup....I think in the history of all the years I've played fantasy football too.

source.gif

7 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Not been paying attention to him much this year. Anyone got thoughts ROS? 

I believe Brees has had disappointing games against Atlanta before. He’ll have some big games ROS, but he’s a risk at also putting up a complete dud. Think it’s happened to him a few times late in the season that I’ve owned him. So just be prepared he’s a bit of a risk. Traded Winston and stuck with Brees. I have some confidence in him, but a little worried because of his road struggles.

Lets hope this offense got the bad game over with...

• Like 2