bomont

Drew Brees 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I believe Brees has had disappointing games against Atlanta before. He’ll have some big games ROS, but he’s a risk at also putting up a complete dud. Think it’s happened to him a few times late in the season that I’ve owned him. So just be prepared he’s a bit of a risk. Traded Winston and stuck with Brees. I have some confidence in him, but a little worried because of his road struggles.

Lets hope this offense got the bad game over with...

Thanks. Looking like I'll be streaming ROS in one league, and I hate streaming. Not sure if Brees will still be struggling a bit with the injury - sounds like he's cut back on the long passes.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:27 PM, Pooskay said:

Monster game coming from Brees this week.

400+/3+ TD kinda game

Yup. Well, either that or a complete bone job like last week. 🤞

Brees tried throwing a 20 yard out. Which is really a 30 yard pass through the air. 

It was terribly slow. He did the exact same thing the next play. Same story. 

The WR was open for a small amount of time. That’s why Brees threw it. 

But Brees cannot make that throw now. Be it his thumb, arm speed decline, or a mixture of both. He cannot make that throw right now. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Brees tried throwing a 20 yard out. Which is really a 30 yard pass through the air. 

It was terribly slow. He did the exact same thing the next play. Same story. 

The WR was open for a small amount of time. That’s why Brees threw it. 

But Brees cannot make that throw now. Be it his thumb, arm speed decline, or a mixture of both. He cannot make that throw right now. 

He's been losing arm strength the last two seasons before this year. There really isn't much of a difference between him and Bridgewater at this point in his career. I still think we can win a Super Bowl even with Brees being limited.

• Haha 1

Y’all are kidding right!?

Brees has 24, 30, 11, 27, 28, and 13.

12TDs 3INTs

He’s still great. Arm strength is a little weak, but he had a nice bomb to Ginn in double coverage that Ginn dropped for a TD.

I’m just more worried about the 9ers pass rush. At least he’s at home.

What’s everyone’s thinking here!?

Edited by tpat30
  • Like 1

I'm not worried about Brees as a QB...just worried about Kamara and Murray vulturing the TD's close to the goal line.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

History does tell us Brees struggles down the stretch. 

He’s been slinging the ball 30-40 times a game. I think they’ll pass a lot on the 9ers. They’re at home. I’d beat myself up if he goes off for 30 and I stream Tannenhill or Goff for 16 points.

• Like 1

I have Dak so he's getting the nod here. Not thrilled about either for the first round of the playoffs, but not the worst situation to be in. If Atlanta was able to sack Brees 6 times a couple weeks ago, it could be a rough day against the niners. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Think I'm rolling with Jameis over Brees here. 49ers defense is sick.

And the Saints at home in the DOME are sick, high powered offense!!

The Colts are tough on D and I would not be surprised if Jameis throws 3-4 INTs.

Edited by iretirefromfantasy

30 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

And the Saints at home in the DOME are sick, high powered offense!!

The Colts are tough on D and I would not be surprised if Jameis throws 3-4 INTs.

Don't play with my emotions!

Just saying. The 49ers were at a local bar in Sarasota getting hammered right next to me last night lol. They might not bring their A game this week. 

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2019 at 2:39 PM, fantasymad said:

Got to play him at home in the dome. Huge game too with playoff implications. 

I'm in too...if AZ and Kyler can put up points on SF then Brees should fair pretty well...at least good enough to get your team through playoffs round 1

9 hours ago, CletisVanDamme said:

I'm in too...if AZ and Kyler can put up points on SF then Brees should fair pretty well...at least good enough to get your team through playoffs round 1

If he puts up another 10-14 like he did against Atlanta twice...which is very possible, you're likely not making it through round 1. Add the fact that Kyler added 13 points on the ground. I wish you luck though. Me benching him will probably play in your favor.

Edited by Watch_Yo_Back

47 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

If he puts up another 10-14 like he did against Atlanta twice...which is very possible, you're likely not making it through round 1. Add the fact that Kyler added 13 points on the ground. I wish you luck though. Me benching him will probably play in your favor.

I'm right there with you. I'm starting Tannehill over him so I'm sure Brees will go off. 

The 9ers have allowed 160 pass yards or less in 3 straight games.

Thinking of going with MINSHEW over Brees. Have a feeling this will be a tough low scoring defensive game. Similar to BAL vs SF. 

I can see Brees tossing 1 touchdown but anything more than that would be surprising.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:58 AM, Baldy8 said:

I'm right there with you. I'm starting Tannehill over him so I'm sure Brees will go off. 

Go off he did. Good thing Tannehill lessened the sting for us!