Sign in to follow this  
Dreams And Dwightmares

San Francisco 49ers 2019 Outlook

I thought this was a great thread last year. 

What do yall think the 49ers are gonna do this year under the unquestioned genius of football - John Lynch.  I for one, know that he can do no wrong.

Is this a 500 team this year or a 10+ win team?

I thought in 2018 they were deservedly mediocre. Good QB reasonable RB's; meh WRs, up and down O-line; no stars on defense. Meh.

Of course injuries had something to do with that, but that always happens, and teams need depth too.

I was also slightly bewildered by their draft. All in all I think their mediocrity in 2018 was structural, not accidental. I'll give you 9 wins, but I don't see a strong play-off contender yet.

Kittle is about the only guy I'm really interested in. Will keep an eye on Jimmy G if he's on our waiver wire.

anybody streaming 9ners D week 1 @ tb? (cant find def/special teams thread if anyone wants to help out it would be appreciated)

9 minutes ago, cltubbs said:

Thoughts on Richie James Jr?

7th round pick, but he makes big plays when he’s on the field. Could be a diamond in the rough for the 49ers in a real football sense but I can’t see him being fantasy relevant this year.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Can this defense continue to stay elite without hitting the Kwon? 

Nah. He's part of the no fly group and there will be a trickle down effect...might want to start your tes and slot wrs against the niners now 

18 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Nah. He's part of the no fly group and there will be a trickle down effect...might want to start your tes and slot wrs against the niners now 

Damn what a blow , I was planning on using them 2 more weeks. And with the way seattle has been playing, no way would I want to now. Dare I say they’re creeping into drop territory , week 12 onward is just brutal matchups. 

edit: although the SF defense is still very talented, especially nick bosa. I wouldn’t be surprised they have some blow up 20 fantasy point games. But good luck trying to figure out when to start them

Edited by RunCMC

Problem with next week is Wilson commits no turnovers. Kind of kills any upside.

Can’t wait for that game though...

11 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Damn what a blow , I was planning on using them 2 more weeks. And with the way seattle has been playing, no way would I want to now. Dare I say they’re creeping into drop territory , week 12 onward is just brutal matchups. 

edit: although the SF defense is still very talented, especially nick bosa. I wouldn’t be surprised they have some blow up 20 fantasy point games. But good luck trying to figure out when to start them

they are probably more matchup must start but anytime you lose a pricy free agent acquisition that's number one LB In coverage will cause a huge shift in covering screen game, slot, TE. Smart coached will exploit this, and running qbs.

i picked up Steelers d as they are also a great schedule...looks like everyone else should get another elite option too 

2 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

Falcons Week 15 and Rams Week 16 look v good for SF DST $$ 

What about this Week 13 against Lamar? I think SF can keep the game more competitive than we saw last night with the Rams, but it’s still the #1 offense in the league... Due to limited space on my bench, I’m considering starting them. They’ve been fantastic all season long. 

6 hours ago, Dreroy10 said:

What about this Week 13 against Lamar? I think SF can keep the game more competitive than we saw last night with the Rams, but it’s still the #1 offense in the league... Due to limited space on my bench, I’m considering starting them. They’ve been fantastic all season long. 

I have SF in my main league, but I also had enough room to stash PHI so I'm rolling with PHI this week.  SF should get at least a few sacks against Lamar, and it's certainly possible that SF does well and keeps the Ravens below let's say 21-24 points.  

My main worry with SF is the fact that Arizona did well against them and I wonder if that was due to Kyler Murray's running ability.  I'm not including the last second fumble + TD in the second game against Arizona for these purposes.  That's the main thing that makes me nervous about playing SF against Lamar, another QB who can run well.  I wouldn't blame you at all for rolling with SF this week if you can't find a good streamer or if you have a lot of faith in SF.

11 minutes ago, ZappB said:

I have SF in my main league, but I also had enough room to stash PHI so I'm rolling with PHI this week.  SF should get at least a few sacks against Lamar, and it's certainly possible that SF does well and keeps the Ravens below let's say 21-24 points.  

My main worry with SF is the fact that Arizona did well against them and I wonder if that was due to Kyler Murray's running ability and Kenyan Drake running it down their throat the first game.  I'm not including the last second fumble + TD in the second game against Arizona for these purposes.  That's the main thing that makes me nervous about playing SF against Lamar, another QB who can run well, and Mark Ingram.  I wouldn't blame you at all for rolling with SF this week if you can't find a good streamer or if you have a lot of faith in SF.

Fixed.

It seems like every RB/WR/TE on the 49ers has missed time with injuries this season.  Are they ever going to get healthy?

23 hours ago, ZappB said:

My main worry with SF is the fact that Arizona did well against them and I wonder if that was due to Kyler Murray's running ability and Kenyan Drake running it down their throat the first game.  I'm not including the last second fumble + TD in the second game against Arizona for these purposes.  That's the main thing that makes me nervous about playing SF against Lamar, another QB who can run well, and Mark Ingram.  I wouldn't blame you at all for rolling with SF this week if you can't find a good streamer or if you have a lot of faith in SF.

The 49er's have been kinda susceptible to the running game and running QB's -- relatively speaking.  Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson have both had success against them.  Run to setup the pass and vice versa and neither of them can run like Lamar Jackson.  I would stay away from the 49er's D this week, because the Ravens run the ball too well.  I liked the 49er's D better when they had LB Kwon Alexander healthy, you really need athletic linebackers against the running QB types.

Edited by rocket
  • Like 1

Yeah the 49ers match up awful with the Ravens.

49ers have a great pass rush and great coverage. Their run defense is pretty bad though. 

Not hard to see why this doesn't bode well for them.

3 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This D just is not the same right? 

That’s what she said?

• Haha 1