AirForceOne

Jay Ajayi 2019 Outlook

Anyone taking a flier on Ajayi at the end of their draft? 
On the mend from an ACL tear 8 months ago, he's still only 25 and seemingly the top free agent RB still out there.
He's got a proven track record, 1400+ total yards and 8 TDs just a couple years ago. 

If he signs into In the right situation, any chance he's a potential league-winner? 

Not sure about "league-winner" but certainly serviceable on the right team with favorable conditions. Last I heard, Colts, Buccs and maybe the Dolphins were interested? Colts, he might be viable enough to draft.

49 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

If he signs into In the right situation, any chance he's a potential league-winner? 

Jay Ajayi 2019 Player Outlook: Terrible Player Remains Terrible

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/jay-ajayi-2019-player-outlook-terrible-football-player-remains-terrible/641260

52 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

seemingly the top free agent RB still out there.

Best Fit: Tampa Bay

https://franchisesports.co.uk/best-fits-for-the-top-five-remaining-nfl-free-agents/

Best Fit: Baltimore (they only have 5 RBs, not counting their QB)

https://nflmocks.com/2019/05/28/baltimore-ravens-jay-ajayi/

54 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

no

At this point he's closer to a league destroyer than a winner.

He's gonna land somewhere and likely not be valuable to roster on his own, but do just enough to screw up the incumbent #1 at that location.

I just want him to get signed before my draft.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He's been cleared and looking for work... seems like he'd make sense for the Texans before they trade clowney for smallwood.... which is a funny name trade...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hard1 said:

He's been cleared and looking for work... seems like he'd make sense for the Texans before they trade clowney for smallwood.... which is a funny name trade...

Wasn't he medically cleared at end of July? Have any teams taken a serious look at him thus far? He seems like he could fit the bill as an early down back for Texans assuming his knee holds up but with other RBs likely to be cut as rosters trim down I imagine Texans won't rush to sign him. 

Any other Lamar owners with absolutely nothing else of value on the waivers thinking about grabbing him?

10 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Wasn't he medically cleared at end of July? Have any teams taken a serious look at him thus far? He seems like he could fit the bill as an early down back for Texans assuming his knee holds up but with other RBs likely to be cut as rosters trim down I imagine Texans won't rush to sign him. 

Guess it depends on what teams trash is the Texans treasure(not saying whoever gets cut is trash just saying they can't carve a role out for whatever team how good were they)... we know Ajayi can play at a high level and the Texans are high powered... and they may not rush but the season starts in like 15 days... if someone needs to learn plays and assignments why would you dilly dally another 7 to 10 of them... if you had someone available now...

32 minutes ago, JDE said:

Any other Lamar owners with absolutely nothing else of value on the waivers thinking about grabbing him?

No reason not to in deep leagues.    Shot in the dark 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Guess it depends on what teams trash is the Texans treasure(not saying whoever gets cut is trash just saying they can't carve a role out for whatever team how good were they)... we know Ajayi can play at a high level and the Texans are high powered... and they may not rush but the season starts in like 15 days... if someone needs to learn plays and assignments why would you dilly dally another 7 to 10 of them... if you had someone available now...

True but you could apply that same logic to Ajayi not being signed yet even though he seemed to have been medically cleared like a month ago. I guess you could argue he was waiting for something like this to happen that would give him a better chance at a potential starting spot and it is almost inevitable someone would lose their starter early in the season. Definitely not a bad lottery ticket as he's probably available for free in most leagues but I'm kind of surprised I haven't heard more talk about him over past month and kind of leads me to believe teams may have concern about his current fitness (and even before ACL there were concerns about his knees dating back to the draft). 

• Like 1

I took him at the very end of my auction for $1.

We haven’t had many BIG running back injuries yet so I’m assuming that’s why he hasn’t signed yet. Gotta wait for a team to get desperate.

Theres no way he goes unsigned this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone just catch Michaels announcing Ajayi-Texans signing? Nothing official online yet?

1 minute ago, jstep13 said:

Anyone just catch Michaels announcing Ajayi-Texans signing? Nothing official online yet?

Yep. Like they have inside info or something. I’ve heard chatter, nothing official.

• Thanks 1

This might be enough to keep Duke's value low for another day

or

It might be time to draft, pick-up Ajayi now

lol

Houston RB2!!

It’s Happening!!!👍🏈

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

This might be enough to keep Duke's value low for another day

or

It might be time to draft, pick-up Ajayi now

lol

both.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, sounds like it might be false info from Al Michaels.

However, if it is true, where do you guys rank Ajayi?  Does he step right into Lamar's role or is it more of a timeshare?

I dont know...I can find anything anywhere...Google, Twitter, Reddit...nothing. Maybe he meant on his 2020 Madden Franchise = His Texans signed FA Ajayi?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

However, if it is true, where do you guys rank Ajayi?  Does he step right into Lamar's role or is it more of a timeshare?

Low end RB2

12 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Wouldnt crack top 30 for me, he wouldnt have near the share Lamar was projected to have and even at that Lamar Miller was only a low end RB2.

5 minutes ago, mjb said:

Low end RB2

At best if he stays healthy. I recall Eagles last year starting to lean on him a little and he had all sorts of physical ailments. And that was before getting hurt for the year. I want him to do well but I'm very guarded. I'd take a flyer at best.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:57 PM, AirForceOne said:

Apparently Al Michaels did. 

• Haha 1