AirForceOne

Jay Ajayi 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Either Ajayi isn't really in shape/healthy or the Lions just don't care about trying to win.

Maybe they were looking at signing Josh Adams off the Jets practice squad as there reports he was about to sign with somebody....He would've been the type of runner they'd need.

They're hurting for sure though.  It boggles my mind they'd choose to move forward with what they currently have.

It sure doesn't look like it's happening for Ajayi or it would've happened already if you ask me.

Good speculation. Josh Adams would have been a solid pickup. 

Josh is gone. Well, at this point they can sign JA or that cat from MNF, the cat did score a TD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blazer said:

Well, I have some news. Apparently the Lions are still working/evaluating/negotiating this week. Just a blurb in a RB report filed several hours ago.

https://www.rotoballer.com/jay-ajayi-rb-fa-fantasy-football-waiver-wire-pickups/687891

I must have missed the blurb. Where does this say anything like that? Maybe you can quote the blurb in question.

1 hour ago, Blazer said:

I agree this whole situation is a bit strange. But, another article today suggesting Lions and JA. I don't see anything on the interwebs from the team, player, or agent with any updates. But, there seems to be some inside info going around that keeps the JA and Lions signing alive. Tonight is the WW move night and though my plan was to dump him I'm gonna hold.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/story/2019-11-05/fantasy-football-week-10-add-and-drop

Again, how do you possibly figure this is saying anything of the sort? You've posted two articles claiming it means they're still working when these blurbs about Ajayi fail to do so in any way, shape or form. You're reading way to much into some nobody saying "if they sign Ajayi this week" like that somehow means they're still talking. Huh?

• Like 1

Yep....They chose Bo over Ajayi.

Ajayi just must not be impressing these teams physically or there are real concerns about his knees.  No way two RB needy teams pass on him if he were in top shape.

Scarbrough could make his way into things though for all the same reasons we liked Ajayi.  He was a pretty good player in college.

2 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

Visiting the Eagles tomorrow...👀

He’d be worth nothing in that committee 

3 hours ago, SHADY29 said:

Howard has a shoulder injury that has been limiting him all week. Wonder if he's gonna be able to go on Sunday.

Just received an alert that Pederson considers Howard "iffy" for Sunday. He suffered a stinger and hasn't been cleared for contact.

Would think Ajayi steps right into Howard's role.

NE run D is iffy as well. PHI offense is going to focus on pounding the middle of that D and avoiding the perimeter. 

I'm desperate for a flex. Considering a pre-emptive strike on an Ajayi pickup.

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Just received an alert that Pederson considers Howard "iffy" for Sunday. He suffered a stinger and hasn't been cleared for contact.

Would think Ajayi steps right into Howard's role.

NE run D is iffy as well. PHI offense is going to focus on pounding the middle of that D and avoiding the perimeter. 

I'm desperate for a flex. Considering a pre-emptive strike on an Ajayi pickup.

Ajayi isn't comong in off the street on Friday and taking anything more than a handful (at best) of snaps/touches. 

methinks Dougie knows JoHo is gonna be down for a few weeks, ergo the visit by Ajayi ... will amount to bupkis this week, though, even if he does get signed/activated.

this is a long play by the Iggles.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Ajayi isn't comong in off the street on Friday and taking anything more than a handful (at best) of snaps/touches. 

methinks Dougie knows JoHo is gonna be down for a few weeks, ergo the visit by Ajayi ... will amount to bupkis this week, though, even if he does get signed/activated.

this is a long play by the Iggles.

Probably right.

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1195360392836472834

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'm not buying what he's selling here ... i would be surprised if he saw more than 20 snaps, and shocked at anything over 5 touches 🤷‍♂️

Agree.

Would think if this was a short term injury for Howard they'd just bring somebody up from the practice squad. A signing of Ajayi may indicate this is a long term deal for Howard.

PHI schedule looks pretty tasty for RB. If Ajayi steps right into Howard's role next week...hmmm.

5 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Agree.

Would think if this was a short term injury for Howard they'd just bring somebody up from the practice squad. A signing of Ajayi may indicate this is a long term deal for Howard.

PHI schedule looks pretty tasty for RB. If Ajayi steps right into Howard's role next week...hmmm.

What about Miles Sanders?  You have to think that he would get the first crack.

This guy couldn't make the Lions... a team literally starting JD McKissic as a three-down back. I assume he'll work out and the Eagles will also take a hard pass.

Edited by LongBalls

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

What about Miles Sanders?  You have to think that he would get the first crack.

Dougie needs to run his rotation ... nuttin' gonna stop that. 

Sanders role will increase, sure ... but he'll never be a  bellcow on that team  🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

lil' different spin than the earlier tweet -

no sign of him yet at 10 Friday morning ... and they anticipate contribution?

gotta be a NO on that, dawg

i picked him up....i hate the way the eagles use rbs but sanders has been very inconsistent as a runner...howard is banged up... schedule for eagles is good...why not hold

Free grab off the wire if you have the roster room. If Howards injury is multi week he could provide some flex value

1 minute ago, herschel said:

think he plays this week if howard sits.  probably has familiarity with the playbook....

possible...not sure what type of shape he is in...not in football shape so likely would be eased in