AirForceOne

Jay Ajayi 2019 Outlook

This is hilarious - if (if) he is picked up, it's as backup/depth material and teams hoping that if he is called on (and they hope not) he has something left of what he showed earlier in his career. The odds of him being at all fantasy relevant are slim at most. 

3 hours ago, bomont said:

This is hilarious - if (if) he is picked up, it's as backup/depth material and teams hoping that if he is called on (and they hope not) he has something left of what he showed earlier in his career. The odds of him being at all fantasy relevant are slim at most. 

I mean what's wrong with taking a flier at this point, he costs absolutley nothing. If you have a bench spot, just pick him up and see what happens. It's not like the waivers are brimming with gems (unless you're in a very shallow league). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miasma16 said:

I'm not, I'm highlighting why your argument is bad.

What team could realistically pick him up where he'd be a fantasy starter in a 10-team PPR? Is he that much better than Hyde? Is he better than Duke Johnson? 

What you guys should do is go grab someone like Darrel Williams who’s only owned in 20% of espn leagues. Guys like that can be league winners. It’s rare to be successful when you start grabbing guys coming off injuries that have already been on multiple teams etc. Fantasy football is like the stock market. You have to find the next bright young new star. Having some success in the past does not mean success in the future (Ajayi).

Edited by StevenSC400

Well his “team” (Philly) already played on Thursday, so he’s locked for the week already. I guarantee there will be some more attractive waiver options this week that you’ll want to throw your FAAB towards this week instead of this guy.

22 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Any updates here?

Been holding, but hate waiting.

I dropped last night for Herndon. Looks like nothing so far

I saw him picked up in a couple of my leagues last week, so I stashed him in a a few leagues where I had a need. He's an injury away from being a hot WW pick up. 

12 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

I'm about to drop this guy lol few days after announcing he's ready not even a lick of interest. 

Drafted him with the last pick in two leagues but dropped him in both leagues. Using the Giants as an example, they promoted a preseason fav Hilliman off the practice squad as a back-up/COP instead of going outside the organization. Now, this is because they believed in Gallman, but also because it's probably just easier to get someone who is already learning the system. I think a lot of teams would value him more with a whole off-season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Drafted him with the last pick in two leagues but dropped him in both leagues. Using the Giants as an example, they promoted a preseason fav Hilliman off the practice squad as a back-up/COP instead of going outside the organization. Now, this is because they believed in Gallman, but also because it's probably just easier to get someone who is already learning the system. I think a lot of teams would value him more with a whole off-season.

His knee condition has got to be a factor one would think. Coming out of college wasn't he bone on bone in both knees?

FWIW

Ajayi will start working out for NFL teams next week, Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News reports.

Looking to rebound from last year's ACL tear, Ajayi recently informed all 32 teams that he's ready to play in games. It isn't clear if he's generating interest as anything more than an emergency depth option.

14 minutes ago, herschel said:

Ajayi will start working out for NFL teams next week, Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News reports.

I wonder how many strings his agent has to pull to keep getting his name in the newspaper when teams aren't giving him a workout.

This guy again?

Two weeks ago - "I'm essentially ready to roll." - No calls. 

Week ago - "I'm ready to roll!" - No calls. 

Today - "I'm ready to work out for teams!"

They know Jay, they know...

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This guy again?

Two weeks ago - "I'm essentially ready to roll." - No calls. 

Week ago - "I'm ready to roll!" - No calls. 

Today - "I'm ready to work out for teams!"

They know Jay, they know...

Jay and Silent Calls Strike Back

Jay Jay

Get your a s s up and hurrah, uh!

Jay train baby

Nineteen baby

He’s on the grind baby

All the time baby

Show us something

Passed over in Arizona for Alfred Morris. I'm not exactly sure what that means. I'm sure Morris is more willing to be a backup at this point in his career than Ajayi as I'm sure Ajayi still has aspirations of being a lead back. Plus Arizona worked out Morris earlier in the year so they were already familiar with what he could bring to their team and I'm wondering if they were just looking for a goal line banger to pair with Edmonds if DJ is out. 

It could be that realm of explanation, or it could be that Ajayi has lost a step after tearing his ACL in the same knee he tore in college. If he's truly healthy, and hasn't lost a step, I think the hope for immediate fantasy relevance is that he visits Detroit. 

I picked him up last week in a deep keeper league and I plan on holding for at least one or two more weeks to see what happens. 

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Didn't he work out for the Cardinals and they passed on him?

I think he passed on them because he wanted a starting role.