Sign in to follow this  
Magnus88

Time to Start Clevinger?

Considering starting Mike Clevinger in his return from the DL.  He has Texas and Detroit next week.  My options to bench are Matt Boyd, who is facing Pittsburgh.  Teheran, who is facing the Mets.  And Lance Lynn, who is facing Cleveland and the White Sox.

Boyd has been struggling lately.  And with Teheran and Lynn the question is how much longer will they consider to pitch above their track records.  Any of the three worth benching for a player who has been on the DL for about two months?

100% you start Clev without even thinking about it. This must be weekly lineup. I set my lineup daily. Either way, a two staart week from Clev is nice. Bench Tehran. 

32 minutes ago, JonathanGunz12 said:

100% you start Clev without even thinking about it. This must be weekly lineup. I set my lineup daily. Either way, a two staart week from Clev is nice. Bench Tehran. 

Not worried about the two month layoff leading to ineffectiveness?

As for Teheran, is it more the met matchup or waiting for him to turn into a pumpkin?

On 6/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, Magnus88 said:

Not worried about the two month layoff leading to ineffectiveness?

As for Teheran, is it more the met matchup or waiting for him to turn into a pumpkin?

Not worried one bit. Is it possible he turns in a clunker? Sure. But you don’t bet against your aces.

As a fellow Clev owner I too am in a similar position (Darvish/Plesac vs. Clevinger) 

I'm rolling with Clevinger this week - Detroit matchup should rectify some of the rust that he shows in Texas

Start him. Teheran’s underlining numbers are actually bad. I would look to dump him while you can. Low k’s lots of hits.