Rotoworld.com Forums

Will Grier 2019 Outlook

39 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

In Dynasty for situations like these, why not? 

Because he is a wasted bench spot. His path to relevancy would require Cam dying or putting up several awful awful years.

In redraft, if you think Cam will be injured just wait until it happens and spend $3 FAAB to acquire him.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

Because he is a wasted bench spot. His path to relevancy would require Cam dying or putting up several awful awful years.

In redraft, if you think Cam will be injured just wait until it happens and spend $3 FAAB to acquire him.

Grier is owned in every dynasty SF league. He's relevant to fantasy football, even if he isn't valuable to any league you play in. 

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Grier is owned in every dynasty SF league. He's relevant to fantasy football, even if he isn't valuable to any league you play in. 

My superflex dynasty league doesn't draft for another couple months, we will see if he is owned. I doubt it, because he isn't a QB that will win out as starter

3 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

My superflex dynasty league doesn't draft for another couple months, we will see if he is owned. I doubt it, because he isn't a QB that will win out as starter

I don't know how deep your rosters or your draft are, but I call shenanigans if he isn't owned after a 4 round draft. I drafted him at 3.09, and felt good about it. Jarrett Stidham went a couple picks later. These guys can't be on waivers in a competitive dynasty superflex. 

Just Googled "dynasty Superflex mock", and he went 3.07 here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dynastyfootballfactory.com/dynasty-superflex-rookie-mock-draft-round-three/amp/

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

I don't know how deep your rosters or your draft are, but I call shenanigans if he isn't owned after a 4 round draft. I drafted him at 3.09, and felt good about it. Jarrett Stidham went a couple picks later. These guys can't be on waivers in a competitive dynasty superflex. 

Just Googled "dynasty Superflex mock", and he went 3.07 here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dynastyfootballfactory.com/dynasty-superflex-rookie-mock-draft-round-three/amp/

There we go "competitive dynasty league" lol. Pretty much a worthless conversation at this point.

Backups I'd own before Grier: Bridgewater, Tannehill, Dobbs, Tyrod, Brissett.

23 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

There we go "competitive dynasty league" lol. Pretty much a worthless conversation at this point.

Backups I'd own before Grier: Bridgewater, Tannehill, Dobbs, Tyrod, Brissett.

With the exception of Dobbs (I think Rudolph is probably better), I agree. All of those guys should be owned already though. 

• 5 months later...

Possible 2QB/SuperFlex/Deeep dynasty very end of roster stash. I like some of what Allen has shown, but he has been a bit of a disaster here lately--and now he marches into the hostile SuperDome against a fierce NOLA D. I do think Grier has some pretty interesting traits and if given the keys to this offense he could impress.

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Possible 2QB/SuperFlex/Deeep dynasty very end of roster stash. I like some of what Allen has shown, but he has been a bit of a disaster here lately--and now he marches into the hostile SuperDome against a fierce NOLA D. I do think Grier has some pretty interesting traits and if given the keys to this offense he could impress.

He could but the recent track record of WVa QBs (and skill players too honestly) is the Air Raid offense and the stats it produces doesn't translate well to the NFL.  I remember watching the hype videos for Geno Smith to Stedman Bailey and thinking OMG the later is going to be a huge stud.  Wound up the dude couldn't even make the team,  and his drafted 8th (?) overall teammate Tayvon Austin is hanging on with a minor role now. 

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Here. We. Go.

Starting next week...not sure if 2 games is enough to properly evaluate for next year, feels like this should have happened a few weeks ago, but oh well.

Can't be any worse than Allen's been the last few weeks. Just hope he gets at least one start with CMC