ellie826

Mike Gesicki 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

6'5".  Has freak like athletics.  Second most targeted receiver just went down.  Has Fitzmagic with the ball in his hands.  I think we start to see some interesting highlights out of Miami.  I want to say that Flores is part genius because he wants to tank but at the same time give the fans some excitement with the Fitzmagic just hurling the pigskin.  I'm actually becoming quite high on the Gesicki narrative and growing statlines.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

6'5".  Has freak like athletics.  Second most targeted receiver just went down.  Has Fitzmagic with the ball in his hands.  I think we start to see some interesting highlights out of Miami.  I want to say that Flores is part genius because he wants to tank but at the same time give the fans some excitement with the Fitzmagic just hurling the pigskin.  I'm actually becoming quite high on the Gesicki narrative and growing statlines.  

 

if Flores was given one directive this year it was: BEAT GASE IN MIAMI!

doubt they win anuddah game, but this kid Gizzzlestix is lookin' like the troof ... agree with your assesment of him/the sitch 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI.  The playoff run schedule for the Dolphins is juicey.  If we can maintain some Fitzmagic in our lives...Gesicki could be a super solid option.  I'm actually excited to own him and Parker

*reviewed what I wrote...checks interwebs for how the Dolphins have performed.....*

spacer.png

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, frog34 said:

I've watched the tape of all his catches in the last month or so, and here's my take:

Very fast, smoothly glides down the seam and gives the QB a huge strike zone. Outmuscles defenders down the seam.

Lines up in the slot, out wide or at least off the LoS the vast majority of time. If a LB travels with him to the outside, Fitzmagic is always looking at him first.

Fitzmagic is like an open book I've read over and over again through many years, so I know his tendencies a bit. He usually is a guy who peppers big targets. Devante Parker is obviously one, but after Preston Williams went down, it could be Gesicki who emerges as their #2 option. Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant seem like complementary players, aren't the type of WRs that Fitzmagic relies on. He loves floating the pass in the vicinity of his big body targets. Often they will have to adjust, but he usually throws it with good anticipation before the defender can locate the ball. That's even more true down the seam, where LBs are too slow to turn once he lofts the ball to his TE. Gesicki on the other hand has a great feel and the needed athleticism (former basketball standout) for when to adjust his body to shield the defender and come down with those high floaters.

Again, I watched all of his recent catches and their chemistry seems real. Just a slight uptick in targets - which is very possible with Preston Williams out - and Gesicki could enter TE1 territory ROS, which isn't a big hurdle in first place. They have no run game and playing from behind all the time. They need a chain mover. Since their bye week the targets have gone up.

Bottom line, you should take a chance on Gesicki if I you don't have a top 8 TE. He is more than just a flyer imo. I'm taking him over the Colts and Titans TEs who are ranked ahead of him by pundits. Tbh I like him over big names like Witten, Cook and Graham. He should see more targets than those guys ROS and is among the leaders in air yards for TEs.  Buy before it's too late! The Colts are generous to TEs!

 

This guy is the most hyped streamer this week. That said, all the data is there to support a breakout and after watching some of his catches I agree with much of the above.

I picked him up to deal with my Ertz bye week. If Gesicki continues to break out a bit this week this could create a dilemma. In a world where the TE landscape is a wasteland, I may look to actually deal Ertz and stick with Gesicki if I can get a great return for him.

And Miami's fantasy playoff schedule is fantastic.

Miami is crapola but I have a funny feeling the likes of D. Parker, Gesicki, and one of the Miami RBs are going to play roles in fantasy championships.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, draincity said:

Herndon has zero value. Wtf do you think you're getting in a trade for him? 

2 dollars, 2 sandwiches and a kosher pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, draincity said:

Herndon has zero value. Wtf do you think you're getting in a trade for him? 

 

You beat me to it.  Who's trading for Herndon right now?  I mean really?  😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Florida guy I get all the Miami games for free on air TV. He's a good play. With the loss of Preston FitzMagic will be looking to him more. Now that Miami has a win I think the team is more energized and despite the horrible tanking move by the management the team is ready to play and win. I don't have him in any leagues but I have watched him play and he's a good start. Best wishes and as a life long Miami fan I just want to see the team win. Miami now knows they can't beat Cin's (AJ Green has gone off the reservation and will likely not play this year) tanking efforts so, look for a Miami team with some life this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he is TE1 ros. I don’t mean “a” te1, I mean THE TE1. Kelce was not hitting on all cylinders even with a healthy mahomes, Waller and hooper will fall back to earth, the Philadelphia TE s will alternate big days and steal each other’s touches and here come the dolphins, basking in quarter after quarter of garbage time catch up with their shiny sparqling toy about to be a target hog

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

I think he is TE1 ros. I don’t mean “a” te1, I mean THE TE1. Kelce was not hitting on all cylinders even with a healthy mahomes, Waller and hooper will fall back to earth, the Philadelphia TE s will alternate big days and steal each other’s touches and here come the dolphins, basking in quarter after quarter of garbage time catch up with their shiny sparqling toy about to be a target hog

Boy if you're right this will be in contention for call of the year. That's gonna have to be some huge uptick for him to be the best TE ROS. Personally I think just a TE1, somewhere in that 6-10 range would be great. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

I think he is TE1 ros. I don’t mean “a” te1, I mean THE TE1. Kelce was not hitting on all cylinders even with a healthy mahomes, Waller and hooper will fall back to earth, the Philadelphia TE s will alternate big days and steal each other’s touches and here come the dolphins, basking in quarter after quarter of garbage time catch up with their shiny sparqling toy about to be a target hog

Let me start off by saying that it would be awesome if this were true. However, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell this happens. Hooper is the leading TE1 right now with 113.55 points so far this season and only 1 game where he scored just single digits. Waller and Kelce are in the high 90s. We are well into the second half of the season and Gesicki has 33.4 points so far. He would literally need to put up well into double digit PPG through the end of the season and all the other TE1s at or near Hooper's triple digit scoring level would need to totally tank, get injured or somehow turn into Antonio Brown overnight and get themselves kicked out of the league.

 

P.S. Don't count Kittle out of your fairy tale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Gootz said:

Let me start off by saying that it would be awesome if this were true. However, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell this happens. Hooper is the leading TE1 right now with 113.55 points so far this season and only 1 game where he scored just single digits. Waller and Kelce are in the high 90s. We are well into the second half of the season and Gesicki has 33.4 points so far. He would literally need to put up well into double digit PPG through the end of the season and all the other TE1s at or near Hooper's triple digit scoring level would need to totally tank, get injured or somehow turn into Antonio Brown overnight and get themselves kicked out of the league.

 

P.S. Don't count Kittle out of your fairy tale.

He meant from here forward, not that he'd catch up and end at one. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He meant from here forward, not that he'd catch up and end at one. 

 

From here forward would still be a hell of a prediction. He's got a chance to be fantasy relevant no doubt, but I'm 100% willing to bet he won't be THE TE1 the rest of the way, I'll even give 2:1 odds to anyone who wants to take me up on it.

Edited by vercrazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gordec said:

Might have to play him this week with Kittle's knee. Hopefully it's going to be a pleasant surprise.

Same position. Waiting to see the news on kittle. Feeling OK If I have to plug Gesicki...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stagz_ said:

Same position. Waiting to see the news on kittle. Feeling OK If I have to plug Gesicki...

Well we have not choice now. Not going to wait until Monday and play Hollister. I guess we are kind of fortunately to at least have a waiver add who looks good on paper. I'll be ok with 10 PPR points. 15 is a great day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the a**, but dropped Hock and picked up Gesicki because of the Kittle injury.

The Colts are subpar against TE's this season (6th worst in the league). Hopefully, Miami exploits that weakness. Also, with Preston being gone, you have to think this will be the Parker and Gesicki rodeo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the a**, but dropped Hock and picked up Gesicki because of the Kittle injury.

The Colts are subpar against TE's this season (6th worst in the league). Hopefully, Miami exploits that weakness. Also, with Preston being gone, you have to think this will be the Parker and Gesicki rodeo.

I might be doing the same thing with the Kittle injury.. debating Gesicki or a few others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the a**, but dropped Hock and picked up Gesicki because of the Kittle injury.

The Colts are subpar against TE's this season (6th worst in the league). Hopefully, Miami exploits that weakness. Also, with Preston being gone, you have to think this will be the Parker and Gesicki rodeo.

 

I may do the same here. If Stafford is Inactive for the game then Hock is definitely getting the boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

 

I may do the same here. If Stafford is Inactive for the game then Hock is definitely getting the boot.

 

Yeah, I was worried about Stafford's injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still available in most leagues. A must pick up. Do it now before the WW closes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.