The 7th Beatles

Anthony Davis 2019-2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

Vogal said there's no plans to rest him in b2b.

Fantasylabs just confirmed that he is unlikely to play tomorrow 

15 minutes ago, Wise guy91 said:

Fantasylabs just confirmed that he is unlikely to play tomorrow 

Source?

Report: Anthony Davis unlikely to play Wednesday.

"All signs point to the Lakers holding out Anthony Davis for Wednesday night's game", according to the Los Angeles Times' Brad Turner. Davis had X-rays on his ribs following Tuesday's win and has also been dealing with ongoing issues with his right shoulder. X-rays on his ribs were negative but this seems like an obvious spot where the Lakers exercise caution and hold Davis out.

Love and hate this player. Literally every night I'm stressed, not sure if I can handle this anymore, got enough stress from work already lol

Eh, I actually wouldn't mind too much if he sits.  This seems like an issue that will bug him ROS ... would rather he miss a few games of B2Bs than him get shut down somewhere down the line.  And yeah, against the C-less Warriors, who, due to all their injuries, probably would have trouble beating a G-league team (and is basically a G-league team anyway), AD likely doesn't need to play. 

Ideal situation would be if he gets about 22-25 mpg against them, dominates, and then gets lots of rest.

3 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

Love and hate this player. Literally every night I'm stressed, not sure if I can handle this anymore, got enough stress from work already lol

Haha, maybe next year, pass on AD and get someone like KAT instead.  

In terms of stress, AD's like a roller coaster and lives in the locker room.  KAT is more like the teacup ride in Disneyland.

Edited by MWon

I am thinking about trading him. As much as I love him as a player (and plus I’m a Lakers Fan), I think I can get way more than he is worth this season since he just doesn’t produce 29/13 with 4 stocks and 55% FG as we are used to from his Pelicans days. 

if I can get a solid package for him which also takes the injury risk away what he definitely still has, I think I’m better to go for ROS

Edited by KB24MVP

3 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

Problem is that he doesn't produce like he did in his pelican days. It was super worth the headache then, but now not so much.

3 hours ago, MWon said:

Eh, I actually wouldn't mind too much if he sits.  This seems like an issue that will bug him ROS ... would rather he miss a few games of B2Bs than him get shut down somewhere down the line.  And yeah, against the C-less Warriors, who, due to all their injuries, probably would have trouble beating a G-league team (and is basically a G-league team anyway), AD likely doesn't need to play. 

Ideal situation would be if he gets about 22-25 mpg against them, dominates, and then gets lots of rest.

This, hopefully doesn't mean I'll lose my matchup but AD really needs to let this shoulder heal.

Lakers need him healthy for the playoff push too -- I'd rather he get healthy now than during fantasy playoffs. Got the first pick in both of my drafts (never had it before) and double dipped on him.

He has been great, as expected, for the Lakers in real life. For fantasy, he has been and will continue to be up and down as the season continues. Some nights it will be Bron, other nights AD, some the bench or someone like DG. They don't wanna overwork him and run the risk of serious injury. He's already nursing a shoulder injury. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

AD would've dropped another 40-20 game if he played the Warriors. Sucks.

Don't worry, he has the Kings and Hawks this week (if he plays).  You'll feel better after he eats Jabari/Jones or Holmes/Bjelica for breakfast.

15 minutes ago, MWon said:

Don't worry, he has the Kings and Hawks this week (if he plays).  You'll feel better after he eats Jabari/Jones or Holmes/Bjelica for breakfast.

blow out games....he will be rested in the 4th..and probably most of the 3rd.

13 minutes ago, crocp said:

blow out games....he will be rested in the 4th..and probably most of the 3rd.

Haha, you say that like it's a bad thing.  ;)

Anything to see here? 9 mins rest in 1st half and 1-3 shooting? I'm a 1st time AD owner and took him #1 overall-starting to 'regert'

8 minutes ago, Redphan said:

Anything to see here? 9 mins rest in 1st half and 1-3 shooting? I'm a 1st time AD owner and took him #1 overall-starting to 'regert'

Bruh I think you ain't fit to own Brow, would recommend not picking him again next year

bunch of bit<hes here complaining about the 9cat goat, he’s still producing top 5 numbers. You guys don’t deserve him once he starts popping off

• Like 1

This would have been 2-3 missed games in the past!! At least he’s trying to play through it.. ..

0 rebounds in 12 minutes and no fg. I need 7 Rebs to win that cat. This guy is killing me. I know he's banged up but what's the point of playing if your dropping duds..up 16 against hawks and u have ONE point.

Is it LeBron...the coach/system..AD?

Edited by rage2021
Tbd

2 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

0 rebounds in 12 minutes and no fg. I need 7 Rebs to win that cat. This guy is killing me. I know he's banged up but what's the point of playing if your dropping duds..up 16 against hawks and u have ONE point.

Is it LeBron...the coach/system..AD?

He's in obvious pain, I see him clutching on his ribs every time he extends