RMJ_12

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Despite what Rotoworld erroneously reported, Jones was back at practice yesterday. Rotoworld writers, like most modern reporters, like to take creative liberties with the truth. 

This is what we need to see... that he is gonna make effort to play make plays and want to separate from the pack... he cannot want to sit out unless he really has no drive.... but if he's really committed like his camp has suggested he'll be out there.... now if he can get more than 2 carries a game to show something that'd be great...

32 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

I've read reports that Jones was going to play in the final pre-season game. I am holding off judgment until then.

The facts are that Barber has NOT separated from Jones which is actually pretty bad news for Barber. We have also seen that Jones is having a good camp. Dare has definitely emerged but that was with backups much like Chris Warren last year exploded  in preseason. If we start hearing that Dare is running with the 1's and Jones is running with the backups THEN it will be time to cut bait. 

Felt like in best ball leagues, it wasn't a bad plan to roster both Barber and Jones if you foregoed RBs for a while and picked up both on the cheap.  But it's not looking good, especially with the emergence suddenly of this Dare dude.  I could see Barber and Jones rotating series, "hot hand" situation, and Dare getting 3rd down work.  That would be fantasy disaster as this is a passing offense to begin with.

34 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Despite what Rotoworld erroneously reported, Jones was back at practice yesterday. Rotoworld writers, like most modern reporters, like to take creative liberties with the truth. 

Erroneously reported? They literally just said what ESPN did, which is accurate, hence the taped knee.....

image.png.790826929534721ade5093c33d6b9974.png

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking by drafting this dude.  He's going to be one of those polarizing players, and when you consider the upside and the history, not sure he's even worth the bandwidth and frustration.  But got to give him a shot right now and hope he magically turns it around.

Just now, CooL said:

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking by drafting this dude.  He's going to be one of those polarizing players, and when you consider the upside and the history, not sure he's even worth the bandwidth and frustration.  But got to give him a shot right now and hope he magically turns it around.

Hardly magic.   Highly touted prospect who’s been a camp darling and called the “most improved player” by many in the Bucs org.    

They haven’t given up, and neither should you.  A banged up knee preseason that caused him to miss one practice game is irrelevant. 

Patience and a contingency plan are still in order IMO.   You’re locking up an Arians backfield for 9th and 11th round picks.  All day 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Erroneously reported? They literally just said what ESPN did, which is accurate, hence the taped knee.....

image.png.790826929534721ade5093c33d6b9974.png

You're a little lost here so I will explain:

1- Jenna Laine simply says Rojo has been dealing with knee swelling. She NEVER says he hasn't practiced since Game 2. 

2-  Rotoworld, citing to Jenna Lain, ERRONEOUSLY assumes Jones hasn't practiced all week and they post this: "Jones hasn't practiced since the Bucs' second preseason game."- That is Rotoworld's take, not Jenna Lain, so you posting Jenna Laine's tweet is mindboggling. 

3- I post a video of him LITERALLY practicing hours before the Rotoworld report was posted and you still defend Rotoworld's post that he hasn't practiced. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Hardly magic.   Highly touted prospect who’s been a camp darling and called the “most improved player” by many in the Bucs org.    

They haven’t given up, and neither should you.  A banged up knee preseason that caused him to miss one practice game is irrelevant. 

Patience and a contingency plan are still in order IMO.   You’re locking up an Arians backfield for 9th and 11th round picks.  All day 

For sure.  Not going to do anything now as there is nothing on preseason waivers worth sniffing at.  But neither one of these guys is remotely at David Johnson level, so I'm not sure we can bank on success just because of Bruce Arians.  The fact that they really didn't sign anybody of note in the offseason (we haven't heard much about Andre Ellington) is reassuring in the coaches' confidence re Jones.  Barber is pedestrian, so if Jones can't beat him out, then we've got issues.

28 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Exactly. He is simply a late round flyer who is likely going to be a dud but if he emerges as the lead back and the offense breaks out you are looking at a league winner. That is all. 

• Like 1

Just now, wideopen21 said:

Exactly. He is simply a late round flyer who is likely going to be a dud but if he emerges as the lead back and the offense breaks out you are looking at a league winner. That is all. 

How late it he really going though? Feel as though he is still in the 8-9 range. I liked him a lot coming into the preseason but I was hoping for a flash or two. May still take him in the 9th or 10th but I'm certainly not going to reach on him as I was planning on.

2 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

How late it he really going though? Feel as though he is still in the 8-9 range. I liked him a lot coming into the preseason but I was hoping for a flash or two. May still take him in the 9th or 10th but I'm certainly not going to reach on him as I was planning on.

Early on in bestball leagues he was going in that 8-9 range. But since he hasn't really emerged he has dropped to a more reasonable 10-11 round range.

16 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

You're a little lost here so I will explain:

1- Jenna Laine simply says Rojo has been dealing with knee swelling. She NEVER says he hasn't practiced since Game 2. 

2-  Rotoworld, citing to Jenna Lain, ERRONEOUSLY assumes Jones hasn't practiced all week and they post this: "Jones hasn't practiced since the Bucs' second preseason game."- That is Rotoworld's take, not Jenna Lain, so you posting Jenna Laine's tweet is mindboggling. 

3- I post a video of him LITERALLY practicing hours before the Rotoworld report was posted and you still defend Rotoworld's post that he hasn't practiced. 

Ah, they didn't update based on his practice that day, got it. Thanks for the bold print, I can always count on people to be as dickish as possible here ;)

A few years back, this organization wasted a 2nd round pick on a kicker (who couldn't even kick, although the move was atrocious whether he could kick or not).  It's almost as if TB challenged itself to find a bigger waste of a 2nd rounder than Aguayo.  

Mission Accomplished. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

To be fair, this reads like coachspeak to me, trying to restore the guys confidence. Now, it can be both - but this is exactly a tactic a new staff would take with a guy who had a statistically horrible rookie season. I get some whiffs of devante parker-esque talking up here..

My issue still here they have not given him carries... dudes explosive?  Can't take everyone to the house... it's still a percentage game....so if he doesn't take 1 of his 2 carries a game to the house? He's a bust? Or he needs 10 to 15 a game... money says we see the other side if what he's capable of with more touches 

• Like 1

There’s a lot of noise now surrounding Ogunbowale, all be it mostly for his pass protection.

Anyone see him as a real threat?  The vultures have already spotted the carcass and snatched him up, ransoming Barber and Jones owners in bad trade offers.

itsceftainly disappointing that Jones hasn’t flashed in preseason but it’s still kind of early and we don’t really know all details.

Plus, I think eventually Anderson would become a bigger threat to Barber/Jones II, whoeverhe is ready.  Until then I think I’ll be dismissing Ogunbowale hype, hopefully not to my own demise.

11 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

A few years back, this organization wasted a 2nd round pick on a kicker (who couldn't even kick)

Maybe they should call him back and see if he can play running back.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

Big news!!

That makes Bruce Anderson a starter on your team... 👀 

8 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

Other than lacking all those skills which are important to playing RB, he's a hell of a player.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

Cant pass block. Cant catch. Those are death sentences for fantasy owners looking for a RB. I'm out. Thread closed.

Are we buying into what Bruce Arians said? Upmost confidence in ROJO he's going to have a great year. I just dropped ROJO last night and I am thinking of picking him back up lol skip to 3:00 mark.

https://youtu.be/mrNtv2UQJB0

Edited by jeremyt7
  • Like 1