RMJ_12

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

17 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

He had knee swelling and soreness. This was commonly known, yet people say he looked like garbage without putting it in proper context. That’s a very legitimate reason to look like garbage. He’s healthy now. 

Good info, appreciate it. Though it begs he question (for me)...what caused the swelling and soreness?

I wasn't able to find anything from 2018 regarding RoJo's knee swelling up. Plenty of articles from this off season saying he was dealing with soreness and swelling. 

24 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

I wasn't able to find anything from 2018 regarding RoJo's knee swelling up. Plenty of articles from this off season saying he was dealing with soreness and swelling. 

It wasn’t just that.   He was said to have an entitled attitude as a first round pick and never took studying or his workouts seriously.      After more than a few slices of humble pie- this off-season was a 180.    

Then came a mediocre preseason and a less than rave review from his rb coach about how he holds his hands at weird angles while catching.     People forgot how good of an offseason he had and here we are.  

37 minutes ago, nromn said:

Good info, appreciate it. Though it begs he question (for me)...what caused the swelling and soreness?

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/buccaneers-ronald-jones-limited-by-knee-soreness/

Here's a link with info. Also, he did suck last year. There was a lot more than just him as a player, but he was a bit more raw than expected. He was clearly a reach pick by the Bucs. However, this year there was positive chatter up until he tweaked his knee. That set him back in camp, hence why he is still having to prove himself with Arians. He's got the skill and I think he's putting it all together finally on the field.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, Impreza178 said:

Yeah you would imagine it takes more than one game to make an official change.  

The door is wide open Mr Jones.    

The door definitely is open and we can hope Jones continues to perform. I'm taking this as a slow approach and don't expect immediate returns but I would like for him to get enough usage that he can be consistently worthy of a flex/bye week start. If he turns into the lead RB for this team then great but some players just take time to mature and get into the NFL groove. Everyone in fantasy wants their 14th round draft pick/WW pickup to be an instant stud RB1.... Be patient my friends. And if it doesn't work out drop him for the next greatest WW diamond.

I drafted this kid in 3 leagues and said I would stash him for the first 6 weeks to see what happens. Like others said, there is value in the Arians offense and someone is going to get work and I bet we see some great success.  I've never been impressed with Barber and once TB finds a good RB they will run with it. Having said that I don't know what to make of Dare and where he fits in long term.  Hopefully by week 5 or 6 we have a good picture of this backfield and usage.

Dude had some great runs on Sunday, making quick cuts behind the line, showing good balance and explosion. 

If he convinces Arians that he can be the lead back, and gets 15-20 touches a game, he's going to show us why he was a high NFL pick.

I'd be shocked if he isn't the lead back by mid season. BA ain't no Dirk, he's not going to keep this guy shackled. I'm hoping he has a pedestrian day tomorrow so I can put in an offer for him.

Edited by yahyahtrick

1 hour ago, yahyahtrick said:

Dude had some great runs on Sunday, making quick cuts bets 15-20 touches a game, he's going to show us why he was a high NFL pick.

I'd be shocked if he isn't the lead back by mid season. BA ain't no Dirk, he's not going to keep this guy shackled. I'm hoping he has a pedestrian day tomorrow so I can put in an offer for him.

Dirk kept him shackled last year because he looked terrible and never showed a reason to be the starter and earn more reps.

Now he looks completely different after Sunday, running with purpose. I hope he can keep it up and earn that starting role.

I think he's a top 25 RB play this week, which goes against industry rankings.

My logic:
-Barber started the first game and Dare took passing downs, and RoJo still had his shot. We didn't need this variable to change to assume RoJo would get another shot at a few series this Thursday.

-Every RoJo carry looked fantastic.

-Winston is doing poorly, possibly resulting in a bigger lean on the run.

-Carolina was gashed for 166 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs in week 1.

-Caviat is the game script. Can Tampa can keep it close?

-I see 72 yards rushing for RoJo on 14 carries and a TD, and 10 yards on two receptions.

-Getcha popcorn

Edited by GenerallyPoorAdvice

I didn't follow him throughout the summer.  First thing I noticed was he's noticeable a lot bigger then read about adding 15 pounds of muscle. Then came the running.  Wow and wow

He could have a great year if Winston gets it together. Defenses have to pay attention to Evans,  Godwin,  OJ and Brate. With good qb play those 4 are pretty serious threats to open it up for ROJO to just eat a bunch

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said to expect "increased carries" for Ronald Jones in Thursday's Week 2 game against the Panthers.

Rapoport confirmed that Peyton Barber will remain the Bucs' nominal starter (as previously alluded to by coach Bruce Arians), though Jones' arrow is undoubtedly pointing up after leading the team with 75 yards—more than he rushed for all of last season—in Sunday's Week 1 loss to San Francisco. Finally showing glimpses of the promise that made him a second-round pick in last year's draft, it's only a matter of time before Jones ascends to lead status in Tampa Bay. He should warrant interest as an RB3 Thursday night against a Panthers defense that was gashed for 166 rushing yards in last week's opener.

10 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I'm rolling him out over Drake. Not a hard decision since Miami is garbage but I have a weird gut feeling about tonight. 

Like a cracking a 60 yard td feeling? Set the world on fire 200 yard performance or a super dud feeling? 

I expect him to do about the same as last week maybe squeeze a td out

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GenerallyPoorAdvice said:

I think he's a top 25 RB play this week, which goes against industry rankings.

My logic:
-Barber started the first game and Dare took passing downs, and RoJo still had his shot. We didn't need this variable to change to assume RoJo would get another shot at a few series this Thursday.

-Every RoJo carry looked fantastic.

-Winston is doing poorly, possibly resulting in a bigger lean on the run.

-Carolina was gashed for 166 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs in week 1.

-Caviat is the game script. Can Tampa can keep it close?

-I see 72 yards rushing for RoJo on 14 carries and a TD, and 10 yards on two receptions.

-Getcha popcorn

Very possible. 16 touches in TB would make him an RB2, and need to be scooped up if abailable.

3 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Like a cracking a 60 yard td feeling? Set the world on fire 200 yard performance or a super dud feeling? 

If he repeated his performance from last week for an entire season he would finish with close to 1500 yards of offense. 

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

If he repeated his performance from last week for an entire season he would finish with close to 1500 yards of offense. 

Im not saying every week.  That'd be awesome though as my rb5

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
Typo

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

I trust exactly 0% of what Arians says

Try using your eyes. Watch the highlights or look at the stats. RoJo was far and away the team's best back last week. This has the potential to be one of the better offenses in the league and RoJo is poised to lead the way out of the backfield. Has all the makings of an every week RB2. If he can earn third down work his ceiling is scary. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Try using your eyes. Watch the highlights or look at the stats. RoJo was far and away the team's best back last week. This has the potential to be one of the better offenses in the league and RoJo is poised to lead the way out of the backfield. Has all the makings of an every week RB2. If he can earn third down work his ceiling is scary. 

I have been using my eyes hence me hyping Rojo up in this thread lol. But Arians is a stubborn old bastard and you need no further example than it taking 2015 DJ both starters getting injured to get meaningful carries.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

I have been using my eyes hence me hyping Rojo up in this thread lol. But Arians is a stubborn old bastard and you need no further example than it taking 2015 DJ both starters getting injured to get meaningful carries.

I get what you're saying. What I'm saying is that it's not really important what Arians is saying. He gave RoJo almost double the work of Barber in Week 1. That speaks volumes. And Arians can't ignore the game tape or what was working for the offense. 

1 minute ago, Griffin_Morrow said:

giphy.gif

Me after reading that RapSheet tweet

Lol I thought of the Josh Gordon it's happening

28 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Like 130 total yards and a touchdown. Thursday night games are usually ****fests with random players performing. I anticipate RoJo is still considered one of those random players (I hope). 

I think right now his ceiling is michel like in a good offense with little receiving work, I just don't see the bucs taking dare off of 3rd down duties, looked like the clear pass catcher out of that backfield