Rotoworld.com Forums

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Owning RJ right now feels like watching your son blossom into a man right before your eyes 

Hey Ronald, let me give you a hand.

Why would Winston dump off when on any given play there’s anywhere between 7-11 players downfield to throw the ball to?

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, devaster said:

Right... Jones is a victim now. This gets better and better. 🤣

Actually the victims are those of us that bought into that dip Rapaport's tweet earlier tonight,now there's a guy that doesn't deserve a job in or around the NFL.

• Like 1

Bad game but not nearly as bad as some are saying. Arians went with the hot hand tonight. Barber started the game and had -4 yards on the opening drive. Jones had the second and third drives but did zilch with it. RoJo was given a chance early but got the hook when Barber started producing. I believe that Arians wants Jones to take more control over this backfield, but he's going to make him work his a** off for it. Barber isn't going to disappear easily so Jones' path to fantasy viability may take longer than I thought. Still believe in the talent and potential and will hold for at least a few weeks. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, devaster said:

Most of what I'm reading is the same stuff that was posted last season. Players that are truly talented show up and force their way into more playing time. Jones has never shown that. Not once.

Here we go. I was waiting for these type posts to come in. All the positive talk and this randomly happens and now we have this ^^. No one expected what happened tonight.

16 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

Here we go. I was waiting for these type posts to come in. All the positive talk and this randomly happens and now we have this ^^. No one expected what happened tonight.

I was thinking more like last week was the anomaly and tonight was the status quo. 

Did I expect more? Sure. Am I surprised with the result? Not even a little bit. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Is Jones a particularly poor pass blocker?  Barber is Rob Kelley like in being a workman JAG who rarely loses yards, but there has to be a real reason the coaching staff trusts him more, and I don't know if it's pass protection or what.

The same coaching staff that played Brate over Howard. And the talent/potential/past performance gap between Howard and Brate blows away Jones vs Barber. 

4 hours ago, MrPositive said:

They’ve made a situation for Jones in Tampa Bay that if Jones doesn’t run every single time for 5+ yards, he sits for an hour, even if Barber averages 2.4 all year. Feel for that guy. I’d ask for a trade and a new setting honestly if I were him.

No other team wants this trash. You guys are delusional.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, smeeze said:

No other team wants this trash. You guys are delusional.

You’re absolutely wrong on that one. Lots of teams would like to try a guy that is one year removed from being a consensus 1st or 2nd round prospect. The best for RoJo at this point is the Bucs just release or trade him. It’s just not a marriage that is going to work. They say they gonna increase his touches guaranteed, then the guy gets 1 touch in the 1st half lmao 

Edited by MrPositive
7 minutes ago, frog34 said:

My post was not about comparing players, but to illustrate Arians' judgement when it comes to RBs and backfield touches.

How does that apply in this case?

Barber maybe unspectacular, but RoJo falls flat on his face spectacularly

5 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Bad game but not nearly as bad as some are saying. 

wha? huh?

look, with all due respect, that's gotta be one of the worst takes i've ever read up on here (and that's saying an awful lot).

NOT NEARLY AS BAD???!??

he had ZERO freakin' points! ZILCH. NADA. NYET. THE BIG AVACADO.

you could've inserted yourself into your magick foosball lineup and scored the same! 

just ... wow. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

You’re absolutely wrong on that one. Lots of teams would like to try a guy that is one year removed from being a consensus 1st or 2nd round prospect. The best for RoJo at this point is the Bucs just release or trade him. It’s just not a marriage that is going to work. They say they gonna increase his touches guaranteed, then the guy gets 1 touch in the 1st half lmao 

tenor.gif?itemid=8127721

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Is Jones a particularly poor pass blocker?  Barber is Rob Kelley like in being a workman JAG who rarely loses yards, but there has to be a real reason the coaching staff trusts him more, and I don't know if it's pass protection or what.

I saw at least 2 blown protections resulting in direct pressure and a sack because of Barber.   The safety could have been avoided if he would have plowed straight ahead instead of trying to cut left 5 yards deep in the EZ.   All night- plod left, plod right...two yards at a time.   Brutal.  

hopefully no one started Rojo after one decent game...but if you needed a reminder—last night was it.   4 carries while the “starter” stunk it up.   Smdh