Rotoworld.com Forums

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

On 9/11/2019 at 11:56 AM, dicka24 said:

Talent tends to win out.  If Jones builds on week 1 and shows that same talent we saw on tape then the bulk of the touches should go to him.  Big week I think.  If he reverts back to 7 carries for 12 yards then a lot of air will be leaving the balloon.

Quoting yourself is a bit cheesy but damn you Ronald Jones!!!

4 carries for 9 yards?  

spacer.png

Barber got 23 carries last night.  His YPC stunk tho (3.56).  Maybe that keeps the door slightly open for Jones, but he really needs to capitalize on his limited touches in the coming weeks or he'll be a fantasy casualty where I own him.

Edited by dicka24
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Owning RJ right now feels like watching your son blossom into a man right before your eyes 

Hey Ronald, let me give you a hand.

Why would Winston dump off when on any given play there’s anywhere between 7-11 players downfield to throw the ball to?

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Pretty obvious it was a cutback design with the TE pulling, still doesn't mean he should had missed the other read. Is what it is. 

I’ll never understand the point of mediocre teams trotting out guys like Gore, and Barber to crap out 3 ypc.   To what end?   7 wins and a poor draft pick?   Rojo and Singletary had close to 100 yards on limited touches week 1.  That’s on a good week.   Gotta let them make mistakes and have bad weeks.  Your future depends on developing draft picks even if it’s painful short term.  Arians did this with DJ and a washed up CJ2K for a year-  so maybe  not all is lost.   

/rant

in the meantime- Rojo is benched or outright dropped in shallow redrafts.   So it is.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I’ll never understand the point of mediocre teams trotting out guys like Gore, and Barber to crap out 3 ypc.   To what end?   7 wins and a poor draft pick?   Rojo and Singletary had close to 100 yards on limited touches week 1.  That’s on a good week.   Gotta let them make mistakes and have bad weeks.  Your future depends on developing draft picks even if it’s painful short term.  Arians did this with DJ and a washed up CJ2K for a year-  so maybe  not all is lost.   

/rant

in the meantime- Rojo is benched or outright dropped in shallow redrafts.   So it is.

You sir are gonna rile up the Barber owners again with logic. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

/rant

Each coach has a style of conduct/professionalism that he expects his team follow. Its not just about talent, its about doing things "the right way" aka. the culture in the locker room. Winning the locker room is more important in the long term than winning a particular regular season game. Just my two cents.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

/rant

Frank Gore averaged 4.6 ypc last year - at age 35.  He’s averaged well over 3 ypc every single year of his 45-year-long career.

2 hours ago, Szer0 said:

Tis Why

I must have horrible vision as well. Can someone please point out where the A-gap is? I’m just an armchair GM and know very little about football terminology.

Was he supposed to follow the TE?

Edited by nb009
56 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

/rant

Terrible analogy. Pretty sure Singletary got more rushing yards on the first 4 carries of his NFL career than Ronald Jones got in a game all last season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

/rant

I'm assuming I'm a bit older than the average posters here but what I don't get (and not just from a FF perspective) is what happened to the days when you fed an rb the ball and let him establish his rhythm.Granted,there are still a few but personally I think all this in and out of the game with 2-3 rb's is ridiculous.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

You sir are gonna rile up the Barber owners again with logic. 

I am a barber owner and I’ve riled myself up! 🤣 

Tampa games are not good for my blood pressure.  

38 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Each coach has a style of conduct/professionalism that he expects his team follow. Its not just about talent, its about doing things "the right way" aka. the culture in the locker room. Winning the locker room is more important in the long term than winning a particular regular season game. Just my two cents.

Thats fair.  Did Rojo miss a meeting or hit on the coaches daughter?    Didn’t see any reports.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Szer0 said:

Tis Why

I'm not going to bash RJ for this one unless it becomes consistent as we saw with T-Rich 2.0. When a QB has a bad line that he doesn't trust he gets happy feet and the timing in his head is off. Same thing can be said for RB's. The TB O-Line has been bad and he looks like he's not being patient because he doesn't trust his blockers just yet. 

I think I would have to agree with what @Impreza178 said, the guy needs more consistent reps which will give him more confidence in his O-line and in what he is seeing out there. This isn't the first nor the second time a coach said that "Rojo will be a bigger part of the offense" and the complete opposite happens.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

This has become pretty common with these extremely shifty and elusive college RBs. You see the same thing with Penny and Montgomery had the same issue in game 1 as well. Seems like their tackle breaking ability and elusiveness gets them through college but in the NFL it just doesn't fly. You need to hit the hole and not run around because players are too fast and strong. 

I thought Montgomery looked good....he got to the line of scrimmage on plays I thought would lose yards on. 

18 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I am a barber owner and I’ve riled myself up! 🤣 

Tampa games are not good for my blood pressure.  

Thats fair.  Did Rojo miss a meeting or hit on the coaches daughter?    Didn’t see any reports.  

Media captures a small snapshot from outside a window, plus whatever else the team wants to feed them to serve their own purposes. So yeah, you and everyone else misses a lot all day, everyday. 

Dropped him. It genuinely isn't worth the headache with Arians and this is looking to be a worse DJ situation because Jones isn't nearly as talented. It's going to take a Barber injury and maybe even a Ogubowale one. Absurd that a team literally won't give their 2nd round RB a shot at lead back duties for a game.

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Tezz said:

This is going to be a hot hand approach. I don't think the difference in talent between Peyton and Jones is that much

You could give these 3 jabronis electric mittens in the middle of the Kalahari and you still wouldn’t have a hot hand between them

• Haha 5
2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

You could give these 3 jabronis electric mittens in the middle of the Kalahari and you still wouldn’t have a hot hand between them

You’re on a roll here Smeeze!   lol.    

I’d love to see a guy like J Taylor or Swift in Tampa next year.     

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

You’re on a roll here Smeeze!   lol.    

I’d love to see a guy like J Taylor or Swift in Tampa next year.     

I’d bet my bottom dollar Tampa addresses the position in a big way this offseason. Swift would be 👌

On 9/13/2019 at 3:41 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wha? huh?

look, with all due respect, that's gotta be one of the worst takes i've ever read up on here (and that's saying an awful lot).

NOT NEARLY AS BAD???!??

he had ZERO freakin' points! ZILCH. NADA. NYET. THE BIG AVACADO.

you could've inserted yourself into your magick foosball lineup and scored the same! 

just ... wow. 

Massive overreaction on your part. It was a bad outcome. Terrible. But it's hard to impress when your coach gives you 4 carries in favor of a plodder.

6 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Massive overreaction on your part. It was a bad outcome. Terrible. But it's hard to impress when your coach gives you 4 carries in favor of a plodder.

ZERO pts is the final outcome.  

guy was hyped to be the one to snag, gonna get more carries, relegate the plodder to the bench, build on his good game in week one, etc 

BUPKIS!!!!!!!

methinks it's massive under reaction on your part, and anyone else who started this foo'

hope his DONUT was good with yer Friday morning coffee 🥯 

Z.E.R.O.

/fin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TB desperately wants to find a good RB and i wouldn't be surprised if they end up trading for one. Having said that Barber is not going to cut it. 4 year in the NFL and his career YPC is 3.8.  He's just not a good RB.

I'm holding Jones in hopes that he starts to get more touches.  23 carries for Peyton and he plods out at a 3.6ypc.  If Jones can get half of those and back to 13-15 carries with a catch or two he could be flex-able going forward.

They gave him 14 touches game 1 and last game only 4.... I'm obviously holding this kid as TB can't keep going with Barber at this rate.

• Like 1