RMJ_12

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

14 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

19 carries to 9.  

may be a nice waiver wire gem.

Waiver wire,he's been collecting dust on my bench since draft night and I'm more than ready to brush him off.

• Like 3

Just now, Fabrini said:

Waiver wire,he's been collecting dust on my bench since draft night and I'm more than ready to brush him off.

Same. He was a draft and hold.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 12:13 PM, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Putting in a FAAB bid, waiver claim where available. Jones will slowly be worked into the lead role. He looks great so far this season.

Tooting my own horn here.

This guy looks electric. He finally looks like the guy we saw at USC. This backfield isn’t all his yet, but you have to imagine he earned himself the majority share. A couple more weeks of playing like this, and Arians will have no choice but to feed him and fade Barber. Also, very encouraging to see his pass pro. I thought he did a great job in that department. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MrPositive said:

He still looks clueless on passing routes, which makes his floor really low (which also makes me think Barber will never being going away). But definitely looks so much more confident on rushing than last year.

Don’t they use Dare for that tho?

As great as he looked this week I won’t feel comfortable starting him next weekend against the saints who have been good against the run and until we finally see some common sense out of arians and gives RJ the keys to the caddy 

• Like 1

Watching the game I think Jones had about 75 yards rushing taken back from penalties as well.  He was a beast yesterday, and the trend certainly looks like he's on the verge of taking over.  This offense is potent.  That said, I'm not sure vs. New Orleans is a great matchup, so maybe we want Barber banging against the D-Line wall another 10 times or so to solidify things.

• Like 1

on the one hand I am worried about him going against New Orleans who has a very good run defense. On the other hand this is a team that has such good receiving weapons that he should really face any stacked boxes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

on the one hand I am worried about him going against New Orleans who has a very good run defense. On the other hand this is a team that has such good receiving weapons that he should really face any stacked boxes.

I think you hit the nail on the head; can you imagine stacking the box against Evans and Godwin?  Of course NO stacked the box last night against Dallas with Edward Scissorhands at QB and Randall ****ing Cobb running routes (but not looking for the ball, of course). But this TB passing game is a different animal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

It’s not crazy if you’re desperate....but I’m not starting him yet.  Flexing Sutton and Shady over him most likely.  

Let’s see it against the Saints.   Make me a believer RoJo 🙏 

One of the best stash and holds there is right now.  Like @Impreza178 said, probably a bit early to start him over other good options but he's more than a desperation play at this point.  He seems to be coming into his own and the way this offense is humming, who knows.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Owning RJ right now feels like watching your son blossom into a man right before your eyes 

He was one of my first devy picks haha.   

Our troubled youngster is becoming a man 😢 

19 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Arians is a moron. Jones is easily the best RB. Stud in the making.

Never trust anything arians says. He could name Jones the starting RB and end up giving barber more carries that week. 

I'm just stashing Jones on my bench (will play him on my starters bye weeks) until the day Jones is the undisputed leader of the backfield. 

Well folks. This might be the week I Flex my Ronald Jones....

This kid has had multiple runs called back in multiple weeks. It seems like he's ready to bust out a big one.  Having said that if you leave out week 2 (injury) his floor so far is around 10pts in half-ppr.  I'd say thats pretty flex worthy.

I'd still like to see him get an extra target or two each game. Dare seems to be getting 3-4 each game.  Game 1 dare had 6 targets.

5 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

ROJO is going to let everyone down this week. The script was created for this game and you're going to see a heavy dose of Barber and his astonishing yards per carry.

Yep, this is how it goes. I will start him and it all comes crashing down.

Having said that I've had numerous owners inquire about Jones' availability in possible trade talks. No way I could let another owner be let down. I couldn't do that to them so it might as well be me!

44 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Owning RJ right now feels like watching your son blossom into a man right before your eyes 

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

$$$$

That list is a joke.

Wentz over Mahomes?

Jones over CMC?

Godwin over Allen?

Kittle has been blah and had a bye.  How is that even possible over guys like Waller, Dissly, Engram, or Kelce?

It does look like Jones job to lose and he looked good out there on Sunday.