RMJ_12

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, NyZD said:

Jones 20, Peyton Barber 20, Dare Ogunbowale 19 Week 5 snap count

Arians is freakin annoying, I'm sure a lot of people are rolling him out there this week with all the byes. 

It's not just an Arians' issue.

Peyton Barber just hangs around to soak up carries and single digit fantasy points and damper your sleeper RB.  I think it's in his contract.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NyZD said:

Jones 20, Peyton Barber 20, Dare Ogunbowale 19 Week 5 snap count

Arians is freakin annoying, I'm sure a lot of people are rolling him out there this week with all the byes. 

Hence why they are 2-3. He seems like a stubborn old man and I am growing weary of him already. This as a Bucs fan, I couldn't care less about the fantasy aspect. The fact that he's not playing his best players is so gd annoying. It's like he wants to lose.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 1:19 PM, FitzMagic said:

Hence why they are 2-3. He seems like a stubborn old man and I am growing weary of him already. This as a Bucs fan, I couldn't care less about the fantasy aspect. The fact that he's not playing his best players is so gd annoying. It's like he wants to lose.

Cards fan. Arians was a great coach but his act started to wear thin when he was here. Calls out players in public but then will not hold other players accountable and he seems to have pet players. Will never replace an underachieving coach aka Amos Jones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, theantishere said:

I hope I didn't make a mistake dropping this guy chasing a potential start from Edmonds...

you'll probably get the same amount of points regardless

Anyone planning to hold him through the Week 7 bye regardless of how he plays Sunday or the touch distribution between him and Barber?

On 10/9/2019 at 1:19 PM, FitzMagic said:

As a former resident of Tampa I think quite the opposite. Arians has already made a good impact and the defense is playing better than I can remember in the last 10 seasons. Winston is the true issue. Hot and cold. Ronald Jones is not all that talented and wouldn't make a difference to their real life success whether he was featured or not used at all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, devaster said:

As a former resident of Tampa I think quite the opposite. Arians has already made a good impact and the defense is playing better than I can remember in the last 10 seasons. Winston is the true issue. Hot and cold. Ronald Jones is not all that talented and wouldn't make a difference to their real life success whether he was featured or not used at all.

100% disagree. https://thepewterplank.com/2019/10/10/compewter-analysis-gap-widening-ronald-jones-peyton-barber/amp/1/

The franchise has been in the dumps since they fired Dungy and replaced him with that moron Chucky. Ever since the SB the franchise has been in decline. Winston is on his third coach in 5 years. A little stability would help, no? He’s learning the Arians system right now so it’s too early to say he’s the problem. With the exception of the first game, I’ve liked how he’s played. There is no doubt Arians has changed the culture in the short time he’s been in Tampa and the Bowles led defense has drastically improved, but it doesn’t excuse some of the bad decisions in games on offense with questionable plays and personnel. Hopefully you read the article because your assumption that RoJo wouldn’t make a difference is pretty crazy. An efficient running game always makes a difference and he’s been, by far, the most efficient back on the field. It’s not even close. It’s laughable you’d say he’s not talented and wouldn’t make any difference in their success.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

100% disagree. https://thepewterplank.com/2019/10/10/compewter-analysis-gap-widening-ronald-jones-peyton-barber/amp/1/

The franchise has been in the dumps since they fired Dungy and replaced him with that moron Chucky. Ever since the SB the franchise has been in decline. Winston is on his third coach in 5 years. A little stability would help, no? He’s learning the Arians system right now so it’s too early to say he’s the problem. With the exception of the first game, I’ve liked how he’s played. There is no doubt Arians has changed the culture in the short time he’s been in Tampa and the Bowles led defense has drastically improved, but it doesn’t excuse some of the bad decisions in games on offense with questionable plays and personnel. Hopefully you read the article because your assumption that RoJo wouldn’t make a difference is pretty crazy. An efficient running game always makes a difference and he’s been, by far, the most efficient back on the field. It’s not even close. It’s laughable you’d say he’s not talented and wouldn’t make any difference in their success.

The article doesn't make a difference. And an efficient running game would make a difference. We agree there. They won't have that with any of their backs though.

6 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I like the way Arians is rebuilding Jameis.  He seems to be calming down a bit, I haven't seen any of those crazy plays in hurry up where he makes a big throw and then immediately throws a dumb pick.

That said, at some point they're going to have to be a little more dynamic.  The defense kept them in the games against the Panthers and Rams with solid tackling and timely turnovers, and the offense looked good against the Giants blank canvas.  But the losses against SF and NO I think demonstrate that the training wheels need to come off at some point.

Will be interesting to see what Jameis looks like at that point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I like the way Arians is rebuilding Jameis.  He seems to be calming down a bit, I haven't seen any of those crazy plays in hurry up where he makes a big throw and then immediately throws a dumb pick.

That said, at some point they're going to have to be a little more dynamic.  The defense kept them in the games against the Panthers and Rams with solid tackling and timely turnovers, and the offense looked good against the Giants blank canvas.  But the losses against SF and NO I think demonstrate that the training wheels need to come off at some point.

Will be interesting to see what Jameis looks like at that point.

Arians, the Crab Whisperer

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Anyone planning to hold him through the Week 7 bye regardless of how he plays Sunday or the touch distribution between him and Barber?

Nothing? Ok, I’ll answer my own question then lol. I’ll be waching him closely tomorrow. Need to see him have a good game or at least get an increased touch share compared to Barber, or else I’m likely dropping him. I need something to believe in. Tell me why I’m wrong.

23 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Nothing? Ok, I’ll answer my own question then lol. I’ll be waching him closely tomorrow. Need to see him have a good game or at least get an increased touch share compared to Barber, or else I’m likely dropping him. I need something to believe in. Tell me why I’m wrong.

Depends on your roster. I plan on holding him through his bye. If Rojo takes over this backfield, it could very well start after the bye. If it doesn’t happen then, I may drop him but I really like the way he looks this year.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Basically the same as you, I don't want to drop him too early because he was getting a lot of touches before last week.  I'm worried about this week because their RT (Dotson) is out and that's pretty important for the run.  I wanted to play him, but I'm a little too scared.

• Thanks 1

Can't be trusted... but as his season has went every other week he does something good... if that pattern continues this week he'll do something good... but that's a huge if... if you have safer options use them... if you are balls to the wall rojos pattern could continue...

• Like 2

Just need the Bucs to lose another one while Barber continues to Barber and we might be in business after the bye 👀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hard1 said:

4 Carrie's going into the 4th... hilarious ariana is an idiot

Maybe. Maybe just all the Bucs RB's suck.

• Like 1

Just now, devaster said:

Maybe. Maybe just all the Bucs RB's suck.

They do. Plus their offensive line is built for passing (despite allowing a million sacks today) much more than running.

Looks like he got gamescripted out of this one. Thankfully he got that nice TD run.

Good thing he got the TD today. I just don’t see how he’s used so little when he’s such a threat for a big play. This Ogeboogie guy is fairly unspectacular to get this much run, even with the negative game script