RMJ_12

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

Just when I thought I was free of Shady's wild ride now with Rojo fumbling I'm right back where I started and will probably have to pick up Barber or look to the wire for someone or start next week. Smh

They still won and he was a big reason why. Stud in the screen game and nobody was expecting that many receptions. Not too worried about the fumble.

13 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

They punished him after fumble. 

definitely did. Did he even see the field after that fumble? I was flipping back and forth and saw a lot of Barber, especially on the goal line. Could have had a 2 td day.

2 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

definitely did. Did he even see the field after that fumble? I was flipping back and forth and saw a lot of Barber, especially on the goal line. Could have had a 2 td day.

I don’t remember seeing him. Would like to see snap count after that play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jsch08 said:

damn that really sucks. He was dominating snaps, touches and receptions up until that point. It would be a mistake to go back to a timeshare on that fumble. His performance was clearly better than Barber’s all time best performance. 

• Like 1

The receiving is a nice plus.  The issue is that while he is more explosive, he gets the same crappy calls that Barber got.  He gets the 1st and 10 into the teeth of the D everyone can see coming instead of the 2nd and 11 run play the defense is half ready for.

He is better than Barber, but I hope you guys realize he is just as limited by the playcalling as Barber is.

17 minutes ago, Sternes said:

The receiving is a nice plus.  The issue is that while he is more explosive, he gets the same crappy calls that Barber got.  He gets the 1st and 10 into the teeth of the D everyone can see coming instead of the 2nd and 11 run play the defense is half ready for.

He is better than Barber, but I hope you guys realize he is just as limited by the playcalling as Barber is.

the play calling limits him for sure. But I believe that first Td was just a simple call into the teeth of the defense.

what worries me more was that fumble. He will put up RB2 numbers as long as they don’t go back to a timeshare, especially during these bye weeks.

the offense is explosive enough to get red zone looks and the explosive passing takes some pressure off the run

Edited by WaiverLooter

That fumble was about the third catch he bobbled as well. That run he fumbled on could’ve easily gone for 20+ as well. Looked like there was daylight.

Edited by nb009

2 hours ago, jsch08 said:

Turnovers generally decide games..

Looks like it is still going to be a timeshare. Plus, he wasn't that effective running. Did well in PPR though. His involvement in the passing game came at the expense of Godwin and Evans. So, I don't expect that to be trend.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Looks like it is still going to be a timeshare. Plus, he wasn't that effective running. Did well in PPR though. His involvement in the passing game came at the expense of Godwin and Evans. So, I don't expect that to be trend.

Exactly. I'm not confident going forward. Hopefully his rushing picks up though to offset the receptions.

Well generally speaking, most teams do not run well against the Cards so I think a lot of the dump offs and screens were by design because that is how you beat the Cards with an RB. 

Edited by iretirefromfantasy

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Well generally speaking, most teams do not run well against the Bucs so I think a lot of the dump offs and screens were by design because that is how you beat the Bucs with an RB. 

????

:wacko:

he played against his own team yesterday?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Well generally speaking, most teams do not run well against the Bucs so I think a lot of the dump offs and screens were by design because that is how you beat the Bucs with an RB. 

Image result for black kid looking around gif

• Haha 1

“RoJo, he’s still a work in progress,” Arians said. “He made a great run for the touchdown. He’s out there catching balls and making people miss and then he still misses a blitz pickup that he shouldn’t miss. We get a penalty because he’s running a screen when he’s supposed to be picking up a blitzer. So he’s still a work in progress, but it’s still a hell of a good work.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

“RoJo, he’s still a work in progress,” Arians said. “He made a great run for the touchdown. He’s out there catching balls and making people miss and then he still misses a blitz pickup that he shouldn’t miss. We get a penalty because he’s running a screen when he’s supposed to be picking up a blitzer. So he’s still a work in progress, but it’s still a hell of a good work.

😌

He's still going to get the majority of the touches. It sucks that he had a butterfinger fumble and missed out on the last TD but he was the biggest bright spot on offense before that. Still a great flex play next week.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

“RoJo, he’s still a work in progress,” Arians said. “He made a great run for the touchdown. He’s out there catching balls and making people miss and then he still misses a blitz pickup that he shouldn’t miss. We get a penalty because he’s running a screen when he’s supposed to be picking up a blitzer. So he’s still a work in progress, but it’s still a hell of a good work.”

Thanks for sharing this. Really helps show a) It's fair to be nervous about him and b) All of the upside and goodness is still there.

Seems there's no clear view ahead but he is still in the upside RB2/3 category which is fine for me.

44 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

It makes me think they're doing this to help Jameis move the ball without having to take as many risky shots with how much he throws interceptions. Let's keep an eye on this and hope it continues! Great content, thanks for adding.

He may not have great hands but he was really, really good in the screen game and will continue to be with Evans and Godwin opening up the field.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dashoe said:

The fact that we’re going into Week 11 and 1) Peyton Barber closed out the previous game and had a game winning TD, and 2) the coach is calling out him miss blitz pickups and running the wrong plays tells me it won’t be happening in 2019. Despite all the receiving yardage, he still only got 29 on the ground. I think now is the time to sell high.