RMJ_12

Ronald Jones 2019 Outlook

11 hours ago, devaster said:

DJ and Rojo are nowhere near close in talent-level.

DJ seems to be no more.  Had a good couple years then a shell

• Like 1

Just now, hard1 said:

Hilarious 

Almost predictable with this offense 🤣

Every time I say never again I give him another chance.  This time I mean it.  Can’t believe I played this guy over hunt in the flex.   Never again will he see my lineup.

6 minutes ago, phillyball said:

Every time I say never again I give him another chance.  This time I mean it.  Can’t believe I played this guy over hunt in the flex.   Never again will he see my lineup.

Just do what I used to do with Doug Martin the last few years. Drop him and let another idiot pick him up and start him against you for a donut.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Welp. This backfield is the most trash!

Dumbest coach in the league, what a moron. Can't believe this guy gets paid millions to be that bad at his job

• Like 5

what a f***in bozo

im not the type to ever wish ill will on anyone, but hypothetically speaking if i was, i'd prolly say something along the lines of "i hope he dies in a fire"

• Haha 1

This is exactly why I dropped Rojo. Arians, Arians,Arians. He penalizes players for mistakes, Specifically if those mistakes affects the offenses ability to pass the ball downfield.  he doesnt mind if the QB thorws 5 picks in a game because he likes taking high risk shots downfield however if you don't pickup a blitz or make a key block to give the QB time to make a big play he will penalize you.  He will even sacrifice an offensive weapon like OJ with blocking assignments to protect his QB for the big play downfield. 

Bad coaches are the biggest hindrance to a players production in real NFL which translates to fantasy

• Like 2

Yikes. For those who survived, obviously he should never see your starting lineup for the playoffs. Simply cannot be trusted.

3 hours ago, nb009 said:

Yikes. For those who survived, obviously he should never see your starting lineup for the playoffs. Simply cannot be trusted.

Main question now is, do we drop him knowing that there's a chance we'll be on the receiving end of one of his good games?

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Main question now is, do we drop him knowing that there's a chance we'll be on the receiving end of one of his good games?

If you’re in the playoffs, it’s unlikely that your opponent is going to need to start Jones.  But unless you need something off waivers, I’d just hold given the scarcity of RB at this point.  Maybe Barber gets injured. You never know.

Knowing TB they will re sign Barber and torture us next year with the same 

12 minutes ago, affliction said:

Knowing TB they will re sign Barber and torture us next year with the same 

You're torturing yourself if you invest a draft pick into the TB backfield, I've clearly learned my lesson to never pick an RB from this team again.

• Like 1

I feel bad for those who started RoJo and missed out on the playoffs. Can't fix stupid with this head coach. 

[...]  I'm a huge RoJo fan but obviously can't trust Arians. I have this guy in 2 keepers leagues and was hoping things were on the up.  Checked his contract and he's under contract for 2 more years with TB and I assume Arians. 

Wonder who goes first, RoJo or Arians. I believe in his talent but I'm going to have to try to trade this kid in the offseason and get any sort of pick possible.  Man, I thought I had a potential long term keeper here.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

[...]  I'm a huge RoJo fan but obviously can't trust Arians. I have this guy in 2 keepers leagues and was hoping things were on the up.  Checked his contract and he's under contract for 2 more years with TB and I assume Arians. 

Wonder who goes first, RoJo or Arians. I believe in his talent but I'm going to have to try to trade this kid in the offseason and get any sort of pick possible.  Man, I thought I had a potential long term keeper here.

patience Big Nate.   This is essentially a rookie season for Rojo-  and Arians is treating him that way.    Not the right time to trade him anyway.   A middling pick isn’t worth it.   

17 hours ago, dashoe said:

This is exactly why I dropped Rojo. Arians, Arians,Arians. He penalizes players for mistakes, Specifically if those mistakes affects the offenses ability to pass the ball downfield.  he doesnt mind if the QB thorws 5 picks in a game because he likes taking high risk shots downfield however if you don't pickup a blitz or make a key block to give the QB time to make a big play he will penalize you.  He will even sacrifice an offensive weapon like OJ with blocking assignments to protect his QB for the big play downfield. 

Bad coaches are the biggest hindrance to a players production in real NFL which translates to fantasy

good take.   I don’t know that he’s a bad coach as much as short sighted.    Tampa isn’t a playoff team so you’re merely cutting off your nose to spite your face by refusing to let young players grow from mistakes in the heat of battle.   

maybe this tough love pays off down the road...but it hasn’t worked for OJ or Rojo so far.  How can they play fast and freely with every mistake resulting in banishment?  Meanwhile Jameis and the passing game have a license to make mistakes at will.  As if that approach has resulted in a lot of wins for Tampa.  Baffling.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Was hoping I could trust him for the fantasy playoffs but I just can't after yesterday.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Winston throws a pick or fumbles the ball away and it's all good. Evans dropping 5 passes on the year and it's all good. But god forbid Jones misses a blitz pickup, benched...

• Like 2